ECONOMY Inflation rose 0.5% in January, more than expected and up 6.4% from a year ago

Scott

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

And then empty again under Biden nearly 2 years later. So what?

Empty again? Really? Large scale wide ranging shortages? Eggs have been in short supply due to a virus. Is that the Biden administration's fault?

Edited by placeholder

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Empty again? Really? Large scale wide ranging shortages? Eggs have been in short supply due to a virus. Is that the Biden administration's fault?

At the start of the year. 

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

To quote a line from a film, :The truth? He can't handle the truth". None of the MAGA supporters or Trump can handle the truth.

Are you playing that mad Lt Colonel again? 

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:37 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Worth remembering when biden started this abomination of a presidency his predecessor left him with an inflation rate of 1.4%. This is all the democrats doing, reaching a peak of absurdity when they passed a spending boondoggle they amusingly called the inflation reduction act which they knew would not reduce inflation(1). Let's get the adults back in charge asap.

"The White House celebrated its first-year economic achievements by tweeting: “When @POTUS and @VP were sworn in, our economy was on the brink of collapse.”

That is a flat-out lie.  

As Biden first set foot in the Oval Office a year ago, real GDP was growing at 6.3 percent, inflation was 1.4 percent"

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/590451-how-biden-torched-the-trump-recovery/

(1)supporting evidence for uncomfortable claim made

"With inflation raging near its highest level in four decades, President Joe Biden on Tuesday signed into law his landmark Inflation Reduction Act. Its title raises a tantalizing question: Will the measure actually tame the price spikes that have inflicted hardships on American households?

Economic analyses of the proposal suggest that the likely answer is no — not anytime soon, anyway.

https://apnews.com/article/inflation-biden-health-congress-climate-and-environment-63df07e15002c01fb560a6f0e69fcb03

You do realize that it takes awhile after the final quarter of a POTUS term for the real data to appear....

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

At the start of 2023 there were widespread shortages? Got a link for that?

I was replying to Credo. who posted: "Well, for one thing, you can get things you need.  Under Trump, the grocery store shelves were empty.  No toilet paper to be had at any price.  The only thing that wasn't in short supply was silly tweets from the Conman-in-Chief."  

The worst period of panic buying was March 2020. So my "empty again under Biden nearly 2 years later" means early 2022. 

See what happens when you don't pay attention?

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I was replying to Credo. who posted: "Well, for one thing, you can get things you need.  Under Trump, the grocery store shelves were empty.  No toilet paper to be had at any price.  The only thing that wasn't in short supply was silly tweets from the Conman-in-Chief."  

The worst period of panic buying was March 2020. So my "empty again under Biden nearly 2 years later" means early 2022. 

See what happens when you don't pay attention?

Actually, I think it's you not paying attention to what you write.

Let me remind you of what you wrote:

"At the start of the year. "

On 2/15/2023 at 6:37 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Worth remembering when biden started this abomination of a presidency his predecessor left him with an inflation rate of 1.4%. This is all the democrats doing, reaching a peak of absurdity when they passed a spending boondoggle they amusingly called the inflation reduction act which they knew would not reduce inflation(1). Let's get the adults back in charge asap.

What apparently you think is worth forgetting his predecessor left him with an economy that had retracted by 2.7% for 2020. Not real difficult to have a low inflation rate when the economy is contracting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Also, "empty again"? You mean that under Trump the stores were restocked with goods and then when Biden assumed office they emptied out again?

I've said what I mean. If you can't understand I can't help you anymore. 

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

At the start of the year. 

Are you playing that mad Lt Colonel again? 

I never played him in the first place. 

I think it was Marlon Brando.

I have just done a Google search and it was Jack Nicholson.

More or less the right quote but the wrong film.

:sorry:

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I never played him in the first place. 

I think it was Marlon Brando.

I have just done a Google search and it was Jack Nicholson.

More or less the right quote but the wrong film.

:sorry:

Yes, Jack, a real cuckoo. ????