Blinken: Crimea a ‘red line’ for Putin as Ukraine weighs plans to retake it

onthedarkside

On 2/17/2023 at 10:20 PM, snowgard said:

Are you a Russian Putin Troll? After your comments I think so!!! ????

I have quoted Blinken, there is a red line, which he is aware of. 

Others within the white house, as well as pentagon and the CIA, will have to take his opinion.

As an internationalist and antistatist, I am against existence of all countries and any form of government.

I am also pacifict, for a world without borders, armies, any form of leaders, political parties and politicians.

It is you who is trolling

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Others within the white house, as well as pentagon and the CIA, will have to take his opinion.

As an internationalist and antistatist, I am against existence of all countries and any form of government.

I am also pacifict, for a world without borders, armies, any form of leaders, political parties and politicians.

Nuland: US supports Ukraine striking targets in Crimea

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/nuland-us-supports-ukraine-striking-targets-in-crimea

U.S. approves of Ukraine striking Russian-occupied Crimea

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/national-security-daily/2022/08/17/u-s-approves-of-ukraine-striking-russian-occupied-crimea-00052364

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

What a nonsens!!! Go smoke some more pot!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

If I read you right, we are in agreement here. The Earth should be one nation without borders. I topped a state public service entrance exam in 1973 with an essay advocating against national borders. Well said. Nationalism is the root of all evil.

Edited by ozimoron

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If I read you right, we are in agreement here. The Earth should be one nation without borders. I topped a state public service entrance exam in 1973 with an essay advocating against national borders. Well said. Nationalism is the root of all evil.

Great idea. No more wars. People of one culture that want to take over another area can just move there and take over. No Ukrainian war as Russia could just send more Russians over than there are Ukrainians.

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Great idea. No more wars. People of one culture that want to take over another area can just move there and take over. No Ukrainian war as Russia could just send more Russians over than there are Ukrainians.

Not how a democratic society would work. One man one vote. So the Chinese and Indians win, hard cheese.

• Confused 1

Crimea is over 58% russian population (a very large part of ukraine, up to 12mln, are also ethnic russians) - data from the UN refugee agency:

"Ukraine: Treatment of ethnic Russians"

https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6ab0b38.html

In a referendum they have voted 95% to leave ukraine. Many ethnic ukrainians boycotted that referendum, some of them left Crimea since 2014.

That referendum was hold a week after Kiev disbanded Crimean local parliament. That parliament was pivotal in protecting russian Crimea majority rights within ukraine, giving them authonomy.

Kiev, EU and the USA said this referendum was illegal.

"Crimea referendum: Voters 'back Russia union' "

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26606097

But since then Crimea became part of russia, confirmed by Duma. 

That is why any military action on Crimea is a red line for moscow.

In this private, yet leaked, conversation, Blinken is also sending stop signal to Kiev, to rethink attacks on crimea - there were several such attacks several days prior.

Nuwlam orygin is from ukraine (her father was born there), so she might differ.

So if ukraine wants Crimea by force, they will have majority of population against them, with a slim chance of getting their local parliament back

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Crimea is over 58% russian population (a very large part of ukraine, up to 12mln, are also ethnic russians) - data from the UN refugee agency:

"Ukraine: Treatment of ethnic Russians"

https://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6ab0b38.html

In a referendum they have voted 95% to leave ukraine. Many ethnic ukrainians boycotted that referendum, some of them left Crimea since 2014.

That referendum was hold a week after Kiev disbanded Crimean local parliament. That parliament was pivotal in protecting russian Crimea majority rights within ukraine, giving them authonomy.

Kiev, EU and the USA said this referendum was illegal.

"Crimea referendum: Voters 'back Russia union' "

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26606097

But since then Crimea became part of russia, confirmed by Duma. 

That is why any military action on Crimea is a red line for moscow.

In this private, yet leaked, conversation, Blinken is also sending stop signal to Kiev, to rethink attacks on crimea - there were several such attacks several days prior.

Nuwlam orygin is from ukraine (her father was born there), so she might differ.

So if ukraine wants Crimea by force, they will have majority of population against them, with a slim chance of getting their local parliament back

In a fixed vote after expelling many Ukrainians. They had no right to run a fixed referendum. Crimea is part of Ukraine. Period.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

In a fixed vote after expelling many Ukrainians. They had no right to run a fixed referendum. Crimea is part of Ukraine. Period.

let the UN run referendum now, yet before kiev tries to take over crimea.

That's how border conflicts with mixed ethnicities supposed to be solved.

There was no expellation of ukrainians. They simply boycotted that referendum.

Further attacks on crimea will face retaliation. To bear in mind reaction to bombing of crimean bridge.

Blinken knows that.

Kiev might be risking further military support from NATO, which has put conditions on supplying heavy weapons - don't use them over the border.

There is an article "Competing claims on Crimea show why Russia and Ukraine can’t make peace" from December Washington Post.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, internationalism said:

let the UN run referendum now, yet before kiev tries to take over crimea.

That's how border conflicts with mixed ethnicities supposed to be solved.

There was no expellation of ukrainians. They simply boycotted that referendum.

Further attacks on crimea will face retaliation. To bear in mind reaction to bombing of crimean bridge.

Blinken knows that.

Kiev might be risking further military support from NATO, which has put conditions on supplying heavy weapons - don't use them over the border.

There is an article "Competing claims on Crimea show why Russia and Ukraine can’t make peace" from December Washington Post.

There's no justification for Russia to claim Crimea under any circumstances. It just simply isn't their territory. Hasn't been for 70 years. Furthermore, Crimea is critical for Ukraine to prevent Russia blockading Odessa.