German expat, daughter have lucky escape after fire caused by cigarette butt destroys home in Cha-am

webfact

19 hours ago, mikecha said:

mistakes happen everybody makes them big or small

why should the child be placed to someone who cares do u know this guy do u know he doesn't care   odd comment really  

The comment is valid, smoking inside a house with your child in it, obviously there is no care for child. It was no mistake either, what did he accidently slip and fall into the packet of cigarettes and a lighter, jumped out and lit the thing in his mouth. No, he conscientiously made the decision to light the cigarette inside the house and then failed to be responsible enough to put it out properly. Bottom line.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Only 50k baht in damage? Really, a bed itself can cost upwards of 60k between tge frame and mattress and clothes are not cheap to replace either. Hope he had insurance for the dwelling and property.

There is an abundance of 5,000 baht beds in Thailand. Way, way too many! 

A cigarette butt placed in an ashtray does not cause a fire. One dropped on a floor or furniture does.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

The No. 1 thing to NEVER EVER do is smoke in the bedroom. I smoke on the balcony and throw the butt into a tin can of water. A friend follows the same rule. 

I don't take cigarettes into the bedroom, i remove them from my pocket first. Learned that from my grandfather over sixty years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1