Swedes and Thais fight each other over traffic rule in Phuket

webfact

Just now, Dogsredrocket said:

Appears logic is not your strong point. Dual passport holders that happen to be white are racist...anyone else is not. 

Cool story guy. Was getting through a liberal arts degree hard?

I think we agree with each other but it's getting to tell anymore...

16 hours ago, Surasak said:

I also haven't been to Phuket for many years and I believe you are correct about the evening restriction. As I remember it was closed to traffic from 4pm until sometime early morning.

I don't recall the exact time that Bangla closes to motor traffic, but one problem is that many tourists think it's a walking street at all times, and can be seen strolling down the middle of the road when it's open to motor traffic. Very dangerous, especially if some of these Tmax nitwits come screaming down the road.

Also, I don't know if it's still normal practice, but the police used to routinely set up a roadblock on Bangla where it ends at 200 Pii Road. Always looked to be one of their more lucrative roadblocks.

19 hours ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Looks like more Arabs and Africans masquerading as Europeans because someone in the family got a "refugee" VISA.

Regardless, I'd probably be upset if a local (who is likely unlicensed and uninsured) made up their own traffic rules and was yelling in my face.

Sure, you might be upset, but it's also stupid to confront Thai people over trivial matters. As ex-pats, we normally learn how to behave, but tourists are clueless.

The Swedes shouldn't be doing this in any country they visit.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:53 PM, nchuckle said:

I was vociferously shouted at by someone hollering " One way!" as I proceeded down a one way street,to which I retorted " I’m only going one way !!" ???? 

Didn't you see the arrows? I didn't even see the Indians