Air Force’s F-5 Fighter Jets Now Upgraded

webfact

On 2/19/2023 at 3:11 PM, hotchilli said:

Agreed, for anything Thailand will get involved with these will do nicely.

The only reason for an expanded military would be to put down domestic uprisings and rebellions. 

Siwilai. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Check out the 6th word of my reply.

I was thrown by the lack of smiling laughing faces to your post, guess no one else thought it funny either!

Not quite sure how you would find fighter jets strafing students amusing but each to their own I guess!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, sungod said:

I was thrown by the lack of smiling laughing faces to your post, guess no one else thought it funny either!

Not quite sure how you would find fighter jets strafing students amusing but each to their own I guess!

The post above mine/yours echoed my sentiment. Do readers need emojis now to appreciate humour?  Exaggeration for the sake of amusement is as old as the hills.  Of course there is nothing funny about strafing students any more than using truncheons/rubber bullets/toxic spray.  It is the silly idea that this offensive government would stoop to doing it that is funny.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:30 AM, Photoguy21 said:

For use of latest missiles you would need the latest associated system behind it and I very much doubt if the USA would give Thailand that.

Yes but the israelis will and their radars , sensors , counter measures  and missiles are combat tested  that why the Thais employed Elbit to do the upgrades ,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Yes but the israelis will and their radars , sensors , counter measures  and missiles are combat tested  that why the Thais employed Elbit to do the upgrades ,

No country will give another country the system advancements that they have. Have you ever tried to get military grade equipment in a country other than the USA? If so you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, BritScot said:

And that's what you took from it! I never said fighter jets used against students. That's some leap. 

No you didn't directly, but the thread is about F5 jets, a poster said it was bad news for protesting students and I asked why?

You replied 'do you really need to ask?'

So, once again perhaps you can elaborate if you think I got the wrong end of the stick.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, sungod said:

No you didn't directly, but the thread is about F5 jets, a poster said it was bad news for protesting students and I asked why?

You replied 'do you really need to ask?'

So, once again perhaps you can elaborate if you think I got the wrong end of the stick.

The Thai military (being an exsoldier it is very hard for me to call them that) have a reputation for murdering their own people. 

On 2/20/2023 at 7:59 AM, The Old Bull said:

From what I see of the Thai military they spend more time pointing weapons at their own people than they do at Laos or Cambodia. Any planes are good enough for that.

There were a lot shooting between Thailand and Cambodia a while ago and the situation with Myanmar can change any day. So it is understandable that they need a powerful army and not only some T62 for the next coup

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

The Thai military (being an exsoldier it is very hard for me to call them that) have a reputation for murdering their own people. 

With fighter jets? Thats what the thread is about.

Being an ex soldier don't you think insinuating that is a little over the top?

Edited by sungod