Bar in Phuket Town Raided For Allegedly Opening and Selling Alcohol Past The Legal Closing Time

webfact

The bars at the back of Soi 22 Queen's Park Plaza. The mamasan would draw the curtains and say "leaving already?" You were then free to continue whatever you were up to with the lovely staff, drinking or otherwise, until nearly sunrise. Good times. Yeah, I also don't have that in me anymore.

• Haha 1

all very positive for future tourism 

go out for a night and risk getting arrested - what are these idiots thinking 

lacking grey is all I can think of for now 

they think people don't notice this nonsense - well I have news for you .... they do and everyone I know who has recently returned here for a holiday have had a shocking wake up and won't be back until they are 100% convinced that they can go out for a night withought running the risk of being arrested 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

The bars at the back of Soi 22 Queen's Park Plaza. The mamasan would draw the curtains and say "leaving already?" You were then free to continue whatever you were up to with the lovely staff, drinking or otherwise, until nearly sunrise. Good times. Yeah, I also don't have that in me anymore.

still nice to have the choice, pre covid there was zero harrassment, what people don't seem to realise is just how bad it is - yeah drink behind locked doors in secret constantly hiding from the police who should be out catching drunk drivers at 2am instead they are chasing tourists, we all know why 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

all very positive for future tourism 

go out for a night and risk getting arrested - what are these idiots thinking 

lacking grey is all I can think of for now 

they think people don't notice this nonsense - well I have news for you .... they do and everyone I know who has recently returned here for a holiday have had a shocking wake up and won't be back until they are 100% convinced that they can go out for a night withought running the risk of being arrested 

The topic is not about Pattaya. I know. But it is about raiding bars - wherever. I understand your suffering. Really.

Yesterday I walked through Tree Town here in Pattaya at about 11pm. Most bars didn't have many customers. If you remove the many ladies who work there it would have looked even emptier.  

I was wondering how many of all tourists who come to Thailand ever go to nightlife venues and how many of them have a problem if they can't party until the early hours. I guess it's a tiny fraction of all tourists who come to Thailand. Are these tourists really that important for the Thai tourism? 

So what can be done to make everyone happy? They should create zones were such people can have fun 24 hours without disturbing others. Such areas can also be easily controlled by a handful of police officers. I guess this would be the easiest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

So what can be done to make everyone happy? They should create zones were such people can have fun 24 hours

yes it's called Pattaya lol

I have been here a very long time and I don't mean holiday, my last trip home to UK was 10 years ago for a 2 week holiday, I guess I notice what's going on more than most.

The current leaders are very obviously pushing their own agenda

Edited by smedly
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1