Thailand votes for Peace in Europe

webfact

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More lies there were never 14,000 Russian civilians killed, infact civilian casualties before their illegal invasion last year were minimal as you can see in the chart below.

There were 3,404 killed though which included Ukrainian civilians and that figure includes those from flight MH17 that was shot down by Russian backed separatist forces. This from UN official figures: pdf

image.png.24c318f86dd5698746b9ae86524e81d0.png

OK the Ukraine webpage says that it is not the fact. I read several sources that claim 14.000+ even before the war. I can't verify what is true and what not. Before were reporters in Donetsk that reported daily shellings. But of course if Putin has planned the invasion before he would send out news like shellings in advance.
It is a propaganda war and we can't verify what is true and what not, but when I see Azov Battalion with their openly wearing in Germany banned symbols I tend to believe crimes from them easier than the other way around.
No matter who begin, important is that the killing stops. No matter who was right or wrong on the beginning.

2 hours ago, h90 said:

OK the Ukraine webpage says that it is not the fact. I read several sources that claim 14.000+ even before the war. I can't verify what is true and what not. Before were reporters in Donetsk that reported daily shellings. But of course if Putin has planned the invasion before he would send out news like shellings in advance.
It is a propaganda war and we can't verify what is true and what not, but when I see Azov Battalion with their openly wearing in Germany banned symbols I tend to believe crimes from them easier than the other way around.
No matter who begin, important is that the killing stops. No matter who was right or wrong on the beginning.

There may have been some wrong done by the Ukrainians, who knows? I certainly don't know. But regardless, nothing can justify the barbaric aggression against Ukraine. And it has become clearer by the day that protecting ethnic Russians is only a pretext, what with all those delirious and repeated statements that "Moldova will be next, and/or Poland" and also "we will bomb Berlin and London" and recently even "let's nuke the San Andreas Fault and the Yellowstone mega-volcano to kill as many Americans as possible", in any odd order one would like? This is madness like has not been seen before.

Regardless of any wrongdoings by the Ukraine, and possibly NATO and/or the EU etc, no, absolutely nothing justifies the Russian aggression and demented raethoric. I used to have sympathies for things Russian, I find it difficult to keep my sympathies alive! 

9 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

There may have been some wrong done by the Ukrainians, who knows? I certainly don't know. But regardless, nothing can justify the barbaric aggression against Ukraine. And it has become clearer by the day that protecting ethnic Russians is only a pretext, what with all those delirious and repeated statements that "Moldova will be next, and/or Poland" and also "we will bomb Berlin and London" and recently even "let's nuke the San Andreas Fault and the Yellowstone mega-volcano to kill as many Americans as possible", in any odd order one would like? This is madness like has not been seen before.

Regardless of any wrongdoings by the Ukraine, and possibly NATO and/or the EU etc, no, absolutely nothing justifies the Russian aggression and demented raethoric. I used to have sympathies for things Russian, I find it difficult to keep my sympathies alive! 

Ans btw, I don't buy that BS about Ukraine being Russian land by right because of the historic origins Russia. Yes, it's true that at the beginning, and more or less until the Mongol invasions, there was the so-called "Kievan Rus' ", with embryonic northern branches such as Novgorod and Moscow. Russia per se started developing later on, centered on Moscow. Does that give Russia a rightful claim on Ukraine? No way! As a matter of fact, Ukrainians can just as well claim Kievan Rus' as their origins!

Just imagine that the French population of Quebec would claim that, their historic origins being in France, that does give them the right to deny France the right to exist!!!!!

That's just an example, one can just as well consider the anglo-saxon population of the USA deciding to aggress Europe because "that's where they came from"?

What sort of madness is that?

Edited by gejohesch
forgot sthg
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, gejohesch said:

do you have source for some of these things: Poland is next, bomb Berlin, nuke San Andreas Fault, etc??
I only read very aggressive things from NATO, Poland and Germany....But that is maybe just my bubble...as everyone get filtered news

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

do you have source for some of these things: Poland is next, bomb Berlin, nuke San Andreas Fault, etc??
I only read very aggressive things from NATO, Poland and Germany....But that is maybe just my bubble...as everyone get filtered news

In which bubble are you living? It's all over the news. Just at random, from a 2 minutes google search:

Russian lawmaker warns Poland is next in line for 'denazification after Ukraine' | Fox News

and that on Fox News of all possible sources, the "News" where people like Tucker Carlson are spilling their pro-Russian propaganda every single day.

Russian Analyst Says to Nuke Yellowstone (businessinsider.com)

bne IntelliNews - Russian foreign minister speaks of Moldova as the “next Ukraine”

He mentions Moldova would be the next country "the West" plans to bring under its "domination", which will of course give Russia the pretext to attack that country and to "denazify" it. Because in the Russian raethoric, anyone who dos not bend the knee to Putin is a "nazi"!

As for causing a nuclear tsunami to destriy the whole of the British Isles, it's been repeated so many times over the last few months...

Now, of course, you may argue that these are all fake news. Like people arguing that all the pics of devastation in Ukraine are fake, or caused by the Ukrainians themselves. This has become as improbable as the earth being flat or the universe having been created 6,537 years, 3 months and 22 days ago (or sthg like that)?

Up to you, but be sure to be on the right side!

Edited by gejohesch
forgot sthg
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, gejohesch said:

In which bubble are you living? It's all over the news. Just at random, from a 2 minutes google search:

Russian lawmaker warns Poland is next in line for 'denazification after Ukraine' | Fox News

and that on Fox News of all possible sources, the "News" where people like Tucker Carlson are spilling their pro-Russian propaganda every single day.

Russian Analyst Says to Nuke Yellowstone (businessinsider.com)

bne IntelliNews - Russian foreign minister speaks of Moldova as the “next Ukraine”

He mentions Moldova would be the next country "the West" plans to bring under its "domination", which will of course give Russia the pretext to attack that country and to "denazify" it. Because in the Russian raethoric, anyone who dos not bend the knee to Putin is a "nazi"!

As for causing a nuclear tsunami to destriy the whole of the British Isles, it's been repeated so many times over the last few months...

Now, of course, you may argue that these are all fake news. Like people arguing that all the pics of devastation in Ukraine are fake, or caused by the Ukrainians themselves. This has become as improbable as the earth being flat or the universe having been created 6,537 years, 3 months and 22 days ago (or sthg like that)?

Up to you, but be sure to be on the right side!

The first two are a nothingburger...A Russian lawmaker and an Analyst....When you pick what some American lawmaker somewhen said, you would find some real crazy things as well (when you think of Nuland or old Bolton).

That bne news on the other hand is interesting.....but "said in an interview with Russia Today" and than the don't give any link so we could verify ourself what was said.
So it is just propaganda news

18 hours ago, Gknrd said:

32 countries, including China, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, and Laos, chose to abstain.  

That says it all. 

half the planet population wise or? China, India are the two with most people. 3rd would be Indonesia...how did they vote?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, h90 said:

half the planet population wise or? China, India are the two with most people. 3rd would be Indonesia...how did they vote?

Indonesia voted to kick Russia out, China and India abstained.

Only the following voted against the resolution 

Belarus, North Korea, Mali, Russia, Syria, Eritrea, Nicaragua

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, sidneybear said:

The UN is an anachronism. Nobody seems to take any notice of it anymore. 

Maybe not as effective an institution as could be desired, however it's an excellent platform to vent out issues and to see where the various countries stand on important international issues. Not that useless at all!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was almost inevitable that the breakup of the Soviet Union would be the catalyst for conflict because that's what always happens when empires die. WW1 was sparked by the breakdown of the Hapsburg Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Vietnam war by the decline of French power in Indochina, the Biafran war, the Rhodesian war, multiple Indo-Pakistan wars, etc, etc, following British withdrawal, not to mention all the Middle Eastern conflicts stemming from the Sykes-Picot agreement and its arbitrarily drawn borders. Why would the breakup of the Soviet Union be any different, especially in regions and countries that had gone centuries as part of the Romanov empire before the Soviets.

Knowing all this, political issues and divisions among post Soviet states should have been handled with kid gloves diplomatically. Instead, the opposite happened. And now there's war.

15 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Maybe not as effective an institution as could be desired, however it's an excellent platform to vent out issues and to see where the various countries stand on important international issues. Not that useless at all!

The UN makes various proclamations about this and that, but nobody takes any notice, and the veto wielding permanent members are now sworn enemies. It's a nice gravy train for all its staff and hangers-on, but nothing more.