Report a scam.....waste of time?

Assuming you know how things works Here, in my opinion: it's a waste of time to report, even you have owners name and bank account number - unless - you give a 5,000 - 10,000 intensive to get any actual investigation done. 

The world isn't fair, but the loss are minor, and, you probably get nowhere by wasting more time (+money) and futile hope, to get your 3,000 back.

Lesson learned, only book from booking platforms in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Milton85 said:

Direct with the owner.

How ? Phone? E-mail? Facefork? How did you pay? You should have his bank details. First try tourist cops then make a police report. If you are still in contact give him 7days or you will make a police report. What Nationality is the owner Thai ?

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

How ? Phone? E-mail? Facefork? How did you pay? You should have his bank details. First try tourist cops then make a police report. If you are still in contact give him 7days or you will make a police report. What Nationality is the owner Thai ?

He answered me on a post on Facebook. I have his bank details as I transferred the money using transferwise. He is not Thai, from France.

Report the issue, they will freeze his bank account?

9 minutes ago, Milton85 said:

He answered me on a post on Facebook. I have his bank details as I transferred the money using transferwise. He is not Thai, from France.

Report the issue, they will freeze his bank account?

No they won't freeze his bank account. Go to the Tourist Police and report him, take all the evidence you have, they can track him down. Facebook is full of scams, why people still use it is beyond me. He could be renting illegally, overstayer, working without a visa, do you know where he is now? still in Thailand ?

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thumbs Up 2

He probably did to others too, I'll be surprised if he has a property to rent at all and it's just another scam,

what you can do is to get someone else to contact him and see if he does it again and record him and then lodge a complaint with the BIB.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Report it, it costs you nothing and may have positive results for you and others.

I was scammed last year and along with my Thai GF reported it to the police with all the details inc. Bank acc. number of scammer and result after several hours of enquiries at the Police Station and Bank Branch was NOWT absolutely a waste of time and effort even though the scammer and the Bank account holder had many online complaints of a similar issue.......6000 baht only was lost but unless you are prepared to offer an inducement to the Police they are not interested....lesson learnt.