Wife Drove Over Neighbour's Dog

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Didn't read it properly, did you?  There are none "down".

Hopefully there will be though, damn pests all of them ???? Luckily while we used to have 14 barking around us they have mostly died, been poisoned (not by me) run off or moved. Just left with the navy idiots across the road with their 5 stinking barkers.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Have to hope that continues until it passes away. Talking of excrement, neighbours directly opposite us don't have animals but all the family do their business outside my house. See them doing it on CCTV. Can only think they are reducing their water bill and frequency they have to pay for the 'poo pumper' tanker?

Replace them with soi dogs, a far better alternative. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BostonJoe said:

If the police do show up and climb under your wife's car  You know they will find dog hair attached  to a bolt or something .  I owned a Collision shop back in the states  When a customer hit an animal and drove it over the undercarriage is covered with evidence  Good Luck 

Show up and climb under, you must be a comedian or you have never lived in Thailand 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

First of all I wouldn’t be happy and bragging about possibly running over any type of an animal.  Problem or not.  Because I’m sure if someone on here owned a dog.  And someone ran over it.  They would be whining to no end.  But if it happens to someone else then it’s ok. 
And if the dogs were such an issue for a while .  Then something should have been done about it  But nothing was done probably because people were afraid to confront or report the owners for fear of retaliation. But they talk a good game. But too cowardly to do anything.  Because they brag how great Thailand is compared to their own countries.  But when it comes down to it.  They are concerned being harmed if they have to address any issues with the locals. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Keep Right said:

I once considered building a home in Thailand but decided not to because of the possibility of bad neighbors. After living in Thailand for many years I am so glad I never did that. Thailand has a very serious dog problem that is potentially dangerous.

Hey your spot on! Take it from experience ! Know your neighborhood before you drop anchor!

We have a similar situation up here 

where we live with soi dogs and irresponsible neighbors with dogs !

Recently there was a story of how Thai’s considered their pets as family members. They sometimes treat them better than humans!

Look at that city here in Thailand were the monkeys run around willy nilly!

Know the layout of the land whether it be a moo baan or private gated community or residential area.

I have a Thai neighbor who moved in 1 year after us , with his wife,adult daughter and 7 small dogs !

The everyday ,24 hours a day disturbance has me wanting to sell my house and find another especially now that he has threatened my life for telling his dogs to shut up repeatedly in the middle of the night!

We’ve been to the police, with his recorded response and to the Amphur several times with officials coming to both our houses. and still it continues.
My wife wants me to fight the guy ,my Falang friends want me to poison the dogs while I’ll just want to be able to live a normal life.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Painting the victim as the criminal, dog should not have been lying in the road and is the owners fault and responsibility. Driver totally innocent and does not have to do, or pay anything. 

Your spot on about that! 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I have to say, I smiled quite a bit and congratulated her, especially when she said there was nobody around to witness it. I told her to just forget it

Aren't you a treat? Hardly a smiling matter, whatever the provocation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Or MAN UP and teach the dumb idiots a lesson.

To say if my wife can't go because of a dumb animal into her own steet trying to get to her house and you say 'Don't go'.... So what?.... You want my wife asnd kids to go stay at a hotel because of a stupid animal that is a historic nuissence to the community can't be arsed to get up and walk away???

A special kind of stupid

Don't post it if you can't take the justified  criticism that is bound to come your way for your wife's actions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Soi dogs is what they truly are as the owners can't be arsed to care for them. I would call the police and show them video of the dogs being vicious towards passerby who tru to walk by them. 

and get laughed out of the Station by the cops.  Do wake up, this is Thailand for Gods sake.  

4 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Another crazy expat that seems to think there is a Thai behind every lamp post with a machete or a gun.... Where do all these farangs live that shows Thailand is such a violent place?.... It sounds like Pol Pot's Cambodia from the late 70s where you live.

So you are saying that my wife accidentaly rolls over a stupid animal and all of a sudden someone is going to shoot her husband in the head who wasn't even in the car but sat innocently at home and THAT is a good way to get murdered by all those gun toting Thais in this Mad Max style hellscape I have moved to?????

You need to write for Hollywood.

Yeah and I'll see you Mr SuperHero big talker in the temple when they cremate you for your childlike behavior.

• Haha 1