Why are you in Thailand?

Why are you here?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

I already voted on the poll. 

I ain't asking for anyone's life story ????

I came here to avoid having to deal with these type of questions.... and yet here I am answering

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Anywhere in this world healthcare is cheaper than in the USA.

This is why international insurances have policies which exclude the USA or are a lot more expensive if the USA is included. 

Many in the UK have now started bracketing Thailand in with the USA as top tier e.g. one of the biggest insurers Staysure:

Destination:

Worldwide: Excluding USA, Canada, Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico, Thailand, China & Hong Kong

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

I actually really loved Thai culture when I was new to the country

I lived near 20 years in a farming village - I love it more and more each year, especially in comparison to what my friends are enduring in the West. It's not perfect but my wife has a very large and wonderful family. And I am more impressed as I learn more or at least witness more each year.... 

I think some of it is a matter of assimilation, some things that might bother others here don't faze me a wit... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you talk about with typical country people?

They might be nice and honest and hard working and whatever. But to me it seems we (farangs in general) have little in common with typical country people.

And yes, sometimes I talk to them. But I don't find much to talk about. 

I would say mostly we talk about our lives and more so, our families. It can get a little philosophical at times and I find Thai people open up more quickly as they don't feel threatened and maybe enjoy talking w/a farang... but, all in all pretty much the same as I talk about w/my farang friends... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2009 said:

I already voted on the poll. 

I ain't asking for anyone's life story ????

the poll options read a little like Google's report on the most frequent search terms.

Edited by tgw
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Many in the UK have now started bracketing Thailand in with the USA as top tier e.g. one of the biggest insurers Staysure:

Destination:

Worldwide: Excluding USA, Canada, Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico, Thailand, China & Hong Kong

Understandable, as private hospitals here are not inexpensive at all.  

38 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They are easy ???? and still is 

True, and always had fun over there.  Though don't think I'd get the same or as many smiles back now, from the 25-30 yr olds, as I did when I was 45 ???? 

Still some fine looking < 50 yr olds over there ????