Why are you in Thailand?

Why are you here?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are young and handsome, very rich or some sort of celebrity then. The chance of me getting a girlfriend that doesn't look like granny and come with lots of family baggage in home country is zero.

NB I have zero interest in grannies.

Well then I’m sorry for you, perhaps you’ll have better luck in the next life with a personality to fit????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

My mate is a manwhore in Bangkok. Does quite well out of it. Charges 5k a pop and it's mostly blokes paying him to give their missus one whilst they watch (although he's got a couple of 'businesswomen' on his rosta too). You should hear some of his stories. Will have you in creases for hours. 

Must take a lot of Sidegra to keep the boner stiff while bonking some fat hag while her hubby gets off on the performance.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Must take a lot of Sidegra to keep the boner stiff while bonking some fat hag while her hubby gets off on the performance.

Well Mr. Presumtious you are completely wrong. Most of the girls are lookers (I've seen the videos) with one of them a stone cold 10 out of 10. It's got more to do with the husband not being able to satisy the hot wife rather than the wife is a dog. 

11 hours ago, blazes said:

No, they're not top of the heap, cos that position is occupied by the abominable wokists, virtue signallers and soviet-style ideologues who don't know what the word "woman" means and who will "cancel" you at the drop of a wrong pronoun.

In the Soviet Union they used to cancel politicians by simply air-brushing them from photos!  Today it is enough if you express an opinion that is contrary to the prevailing narrative.  Welcome to Stalinka....

7 hours ago, 2009 said:

I get the impression you haven't lived here and are basically a long term tourist visitor, right?

Cos if you had lived here long term, you'd know Thais are as racist and bigoted as they come: they particularly distain blacks, Indians, Middle Easterns, Laotians, Cambodians, Muslims (even their own), and to a lesser extent whites -- but we are still just farang and never equal to them in their minds.

Even mixed race Thai children are viewed as not equal to thoroughbred Thais.

The only foreigners they actually respect are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.

And Thailand is a lot more conservative that republicans in America. Also, as someone has already pointed out the woke people in the West are displaying fascist traits and are ironically worse than the MAGA crowd.

Wow! A lot to unpack there.

It seems that everything you write is about is your own idea that people are inherintinly racist when in fact they are mostly expressing the opionion of others. Thailand can be very conformist. Steroetypes prevail in Thailand (sometimes from personal experience but more often from hand me down old stereotypes) and if you find you mixing with a lot of the lower levels of Middle Easterns, Laotians, Cambodians and Muslims (as many bar girls do for example) you will perhaps have a negative view of these nationalities. That's the same throughout the world though. If you experience the worse then you will obviously have a low opinion of them.

I am western white and I have never experienced anything less than politness, respect and friendliness, and nothing that resembles racism. But I guess it's all about your own expectations and the level of individual you associate with and how you yourself are to the people who own the country you choose to live in. 

Thailand is racist because it's new to these ideals (much the same as the UK and most of Europe was until some 20-30 years ago) and just needs to get a bit more prosperous for the majority of it's people before they can understand the nuance of race. Until then it will conform to stereotypes because hey, when you're at the lowest of your social heirachy, it's good to have someone to look down on.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2023 at 2:02 PM, blazes said:

No, they're not top of the heap, cos that position is occupied by the abominable wokists, virtue signallers and soviet-style ideologues who don't know what the word "woman" means and who will "cancel" you at the drop of a wrong pronoun.

In the Soviet Union they used to cancel politicians by simply air-brushing them from photos!  Today it is enough if you express an opinion that is contrary to the prevailing narrative.  Welcome to Stalinka....

I like your style. You tell it as it is.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, johnnybangkok said:

Well Mr. Presumtious you are completely wrong. Most of the girls are lookers (I've seen the videos) with one of them a stone cold 10 out of 10. It's got more to do with the husband not being able to satisy the hot wife rather than the wife is a dog. 

Given that the husband would be paying, it's likely he is rich, which means that his "wife" would probably be attractive.

When I was training as a nurse I had to work in maternity, and truthfully, I was amazed that some of the women had actually managed to get some guy to do it to get them pregnant.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that the husband would be paying, it's likely he is rich, which means that his "wife" would probably be attractive.

When I was training as a nurse I had to work in maternity, and truthfully, I was amazed that some of the women had actually managed to get some guy to do it to get them pregnant.

Back in the west, you take what you can get.

In Asia we can pick and choose (financial leverage).

Here we get treated as if we were rich/pop stars/famous/important men, back home we were invisible to women.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:13 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know where you hang out in LOS, but while the Thais are as racist as any society I've ever lived in, they are not as bad as you make out, IMO.

Perhaps you live in a big city to get such a negative idea- rural Thais are nothing like that in my experience.

I've lived upcountry and I've lived in Bangkok. I find them all the same.

Infact, if anything, Thais in cosmopolitan parts of the country (e.g. Bangkok) are often a bit more open minded about foreigners.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 11:47 AM, 2009 said:

I get the impression you haven't lived here and are basically a long term tourist visitor, right?

Cos if you had lived here long term, you'd know Thais are as racist and bigoted as they come: they particularly distain blacks, Indians, Middle Easterns, Laotians, Cambodians, Muslims (even their own), and to a lesser extent whites -- but we are still just farang and never equal to them in their minds.

Even mixed race Thai children are viewed as not equal to thoroughbred Thais.

The only foreigners they actually respect are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.

And Thailand is a lot more conservative that republicans in America. Also, as someone has already pointed out the woke people in the West are displaying fascist traits and are ironically worse than the MAGA crowd.

The racism against white people here is a big reason that I decided to leave.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, rose33 said:

The racism against white people here is a big reason that I decided to leave.

Against the white people now ???? How ignorant isn't that? What we as white people experience in Thailand is zero compared to others, if you are not thin skinned and easy offended. 

Yes we are white and different, and many have no respect at all about Thai or their culture, so what to expect? Respect ? Respect you have to earn! 

Racism, never experienced against me, but nationalism and protectionism I have experienced as married paying for land and houses, and visiting their parks, as well living here and have to report every 90 days if stying longer than 90 days and have retirement visa ot marriage visa. 

White people experiences is based on their actions, not because of race. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Against the white people now ???? How ignorant isn't that? What we as white people experience in Thailand is zero compared to others, if you are not thin skinned and easy offended. 

Yes we are white and different, and many have no respect at all about Thai or their culture, so what to expect? Respect ? Respect you have to earn! 

Racism, never experienced against me, but nationalism and protectionism I have experienced as married paying for land and houses, and visiting their parks, as well living here and have to report every 90 days if stying longer than 90 days and have retirement visa ot marriage visa. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

" How ignorant isn't that? "

Ah... straight to the pool room ????.

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:47 AM, 2009 said:

correct to a certain extent.  Remember Anutin and those dirty farangs .... 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

and after they turned you down?

• Haha 1