Thailand strengthens tourism ties with China

webfact

Stayed at a nice Hotel on Sathorn by BNH hospital this weekend due to some doctors appointments. The lobby entrance signs were labeled in Chinese, Japanese and Thai.  When I turned on the TV it's language and subtitles were in Chinese.  Spent a few minutes using the settings mode in trying to change it but only worked for the language on regular channels, the subtitles in Chinese could not be turned off.  To say this place will be catering to the Chinese is not an afterthought it is an in your face reality. Great hotel but sad to see the extent they are going to welcome the Chinese.  Much like the signs in Russian popping up all over Hua Hin.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

I can see Thailand going down with China. Curious to see how Thailand is doing in the next few years.

With an article I read saying Xi was telling his people to be ready for a war by 2027 I can only see Thailand caught in the middle.

3 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

..oh yeah, i am unable to decipher the sign behind them, which i have often fun doing if  it's written  in thai  in order to improve my thai ????

Best start brushing up on your Mandarin. 

The coming lingua franca. 

3 hours ago, Gknrd said:

I can see Thailand going down with China. Curious to see how Thailand is doing in the next few years.

Yup.

Thailand is already doing a good job of self-destructing.

A little help from big brother should speed up the process.????????

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

With an article I read saying Xi was telling his people to be ready for a war by 2027 I can only see Thailand caught in the middle.

No middle there, and no war.  But IF ... TH would side with CH

Tourism ... CH

Imports ... CH

Exports ... almost even split ... USA / CH

image.png.6f99acdcf3c9643225e879211b575316.png

image.png.abff9203c6f0761cad8b67177e2d4e9a.png

The Belt & rd inciative is on its way CCP ????????Criminal organisation big scam about to start " if it has not started already Thai Government politicians ???????????????????? Stuff the Thai st vendors ++++ Only package tourism & Chinese owned restaurant + buffets all money stays in China CCP hands 

Edited by Mad mick

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Just Chinese traveling and staying in hotels.

Good business sense to cater to a majority of their clientele and be inclusive for majority of nationalities paying to stay at these establishments.

Vietnam also recognised that and there has been HUGE development in tourist areas - aimed at the Chinese.

• Like 1