"Stop shooting my dog" - owner's appeal to neighbor after "Jao Mee" is shot twice; she has no money for the vet

webfact

Cover-Template-1100x620-New-copy27-4-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: Victim of a savage

A dog owner in Buriram appealed to Daily News as a means of stopping a neighbor who shot her black dog "Jao Mee" (Bear) twice in the last week.

The media used the word "ammahit" that relates to savagery.

Saijai, 66, in Nong Chaisri sub-district said that her four year old Thai breed dog had run in bleeding a couple of days ago.

He'd been shot in the neck and the projectile was embedded there. She put some "yaa daeng" (probably Betadine) on the wound - she doesn't have any money to take him to the vets.

S__23175253.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Since the shooting he has been sullen and subdued unlike his former lively self.

She continued that last week Jao Mee was also shot but that time it didn't affect him so much even though the bullet was also embedded.

Neighbors have told her that a pencil gun was used by someone who was cross that the dog went in their property.

"I want to tell the person to stop shooting my dog," she said. "If he's annoying you just chase him away and inform the owner."

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, poppysdad said:

My wife has another home in a small village up in Issan that we visit a few times a year. She spends most of her time visiting family and friends or checking her rice fields leaving me at home there. Frequently dogs wander in and out and if I see them I shoo them out. She saw me do it one day and asked me not to do it and I asked why as they were only coming in to <deleted> in her place rather than someone else’s property. The reply was I don’t want to upset the owners by stopping it !!!

Recognizable, loss of face is the worst thing for a Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No need to shoot it. Only a savage would do that. 

Just throw a stone, or use a catapult if you must. Shooting it is way OTT.

Not if the guy doing the shooting has young kids who could be attacked by the festering thing.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

21 hours ago, jesimps said:

I do, maybe the shooter has young kids. I've read about a lot of UK dog attacks on kids and old people recently, some of them fatal

Yeah, looks totally vicious. Lock up your children.????

image.png.91b6fb0078a71a433b0f4d0bdf47d758.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/1/2023 at 1:06 PM, ross163103 said:

Agree totally, I'm a dog owner but my dog stays inside our property and when I do take her out it's on a leash. Plus when she does her business outside our property I pick it up, I don't leave it in the street--like a lot of owners. People need to realize not everyone likes animals, especially when they're on someone elses property.

Yep, dogs are akin to children and farts. You can only stand your own.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If he's annoying you just chase him away and inform the owner."

The lady and the dog have been warned twice! ( dog being shot twice).
Some Thai  people dont want a confrontation with a idiot dog owner,

that lets their dog run a muck!