King Charles is 'evicting Harry and Meghan !

Social Media

12 minutes ago, Credo said:

What fake allegations?  I read the book, I didn't see any fake allegations.  It should be pretty easy to show they were fake.

Have you read the book ?

I am surprised that you didn't mention that previously 

He claimed that he was subjected to racism from the Royal Family and when he won an award to fighting against racism, he denied there was any racism in the Royal Family

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

So, it looks like King Charles has reversed the late Queen's intention. That's some kind of nasty right there if I understand that right.

The Queen didn't get to read the book.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Have you read the book ?

I am surprised that you didn't mention that previously 

He claimed that he was subjected to racism from the Royal Family and when he won an award to fighting against racism, he denied there was any racism in the Royal Family

As I said in the post you replied to, yes, I have read the book.  Obviously you haven't.  He did not make such a claim in the book.  You might want to read it, if you are going to discuss it.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Harry and Meghan residence Frogmore Cottage offered to Andrew - reports

Frogmore Cottage, the UK home of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, has been offered to Prince Andrew, according to reports.

Harry and Meghan have been issued with an eviction notice by Buckingham Palace, the Sun newspaper reported.

Buckingham Palace has not commented and the BBC understands any discussions would be a private family matter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64812549

BBC.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The property remained Crown property and was just given to Harry for him to live in, but now he has emigrated to USA and he doesn't need a UK home 

Taking that premise a step further, Chuck doesn't need houses up and down the country either. Give him and the home-wrecker a nice 2 bed semi in the country somewhere and return the rest of the munificent residences to the people. Much better value that way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Harry resigned from his job and moved abroad , rather like Brits moving abroad and still expecting NHS service and wanting to receive housing benefit whilst living abroad 

Not quite the same - Harry wasn't gifted the NHS by his late grandmother. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was like comparing  , I wasnt suggesting they are identical 

Maybe a more apt analogy would be Gary Glitter's niece being kicked out of the home her granny gave her, by her father so that his brother could live there.

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, asf6 said:

No "President" would be my choice. Keep the Prime Minister. But perhaps the head of state role could be given a random title and chosen by lottery every 4 or 5 years. 

The Irish have a good system for president- a figurehead with no power- someone to meet the visiting VIPs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Taking that premise a step further, Chuck doesn't need houses up and down the country either. Give him and the home-wrecker a nice 2 bed semi in the country somewhere and return the rest of the munificent residences to the people. Much better value that way.

Those properties IMO don't belong to the people. IMO they belong to royal establishment. IMO they don't belong to Charles to be able to give them to anyone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

So no replacement for the monarchy just a US style "President" .

i.e. the President of the United States is both the head of state and head of government at the same time. 

Does any country want another Trump? (apart from the US?)  Not the UK I assume.

POTUS is the Commander in Chief and head of the Executive Branch of our government.  We also have the Judicial and Legislative branches. 

England is a Parliamentary government with the Prime Minister as the head

2 different forms of government as far as I know. 

9 hours ago, Credo said:

Here is a link to some of the highlights that are in the book:

Prince Harry makes sensational claims in memoir Spare

A stream of sensational claims and accusations from Prince Harry's autobiography, Spare, have been leaked.

The book outlines grievances and bitterness in the Royal Family, such as a claim he and Prince William urged their father not to marry Camilla.

But one of the most striking claims from Harry, first reported by the Guardian newspaper, was how he was physically attacked by his brother.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64179164

Correct, maybe he read a different book?????

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The people don't have deep enough pockets to maintain the great houses. This has been shown again and again.  Without the firm to support them much of that heritage would be falling down and forgotten. Their curatorship is a service. 

Take a good look at the Chateus of France.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I thought she died fairly quickly in a automobile crash. No one knows her dying wishes, I'd think.

One of her wishes was that William should be king in place of the inadequate Charles! Pity Cromwell did not live another 20 years, then we might have seen the last of the royals.

• Sad 2