A nice spot to relax in Phetchabun !

CharlieH

Very nice, thanks for sharing !

One of the joys of Thailand is that there's lots of these little gems (lakes, reservoirs, hot springs, waterfalls etc) a few KM off the main highways.

Often signposted in blue, which I assume means a tourist point of interest, or similar. 

It's like a road trip lottery. Time permitting, it's fun to take a slight detour to explore.

Most places are decent enough and sometimes you can stumble across an absolute cracker ! 

• Like 1

Petchabun Province has stunning scenery, much of it hills and mountains. Driving through from Khon Kaen to Phitsanulok on Route 12 was always a regular pleasure for me. First, Nam Nao National Park eventually crossing the Hugo Tong Bridge (photo 1) to enter Lomsak, then up into the mountains with spectacular views to Phitsanulok (photo 2)

Matt Hunt on Twitter: "Went a little bit out of the way to check out Hugo  Tong Beidge สะพานห้วยตอง, also known as King Pha Mueang Bridge in Phetchabun.  Well worth the 20-minute

Breathtaking high mountain views of the valley below. - Picture of  Phitsanulok-Lom Sak Route (Highway No. 12) - Tripadvisor

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Petchabun Province has stunning scenery, much of it hills and mountains. Driving through from Khon Kaen to Phitsanulok on Route 12 was always a regular pleasure for me. First, Nam Nao National Park eventually crossing the Hugo Tong Bridge (photo 1) to enter Lomsak, then up into the mountains with spectacular views to Phitsanulok (photo 2)

Matt Hunt on Twitter: "Went a little bit out of the way to check out Hugo  Tong Beidge สะพานห้วยตอง, also known as King Pha Mueang Bridge in Phetchabun.  Well worth the 20-minute

Breathtaking high mountain views of the valley below. - Picture of  Phitsanulok-Lom Sak Route (Highway No. 12) - Tripadvisor

Only problem with Phetchabun is the traffic and amount of visitors at weekends. But yes, if you have free time, great province.

Also if you're a biker there's great roads over to Loei, 2016 i think it is, then on to Chiang Khan / Nong Khai along the Meekhong - brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1