PINK ID Card UK National format

15 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

The first digit on the pink cards of PR holders is 8. Mine is an 8.

6 is for those here on temporary stay.

That's right. I got that wrong.

This makes me wonder now. When a foreigner with a pink card as temporary resident later becomes a permanent resident, does the entire ID numer change or only the first digit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

This makes me wonder now. When a foreigner with a pink card as temporary resident later becomes a permanent resident, does the entire ID numer change or only the first digit?

I suspect it would be just the first digit, but I really don't know.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, soi3eddie said:

From UK and mine is 61014 so looks like no pattern for nationalities. More likely, if any pattern, then relative to district office. 

Quite right.

My number starts 6-2001 and my wife is 3-2001.

The 2001 is the main amphur in Chonburi, nothing in the 13 digits that relate to nationality.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There is a lot of confusion with this pink non-Thai ID card regarding Westerners,

There was no confusion during the pandemic. I am registered at the hospital with the pink card and the hospital put me on Mor Phrom.

Almost front of the queue when the vaccine rollout started.

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

The entire number, I think. 

My pink ID started with a 6, my blue ID starts with an 8 and there are totally different numbers, including 6 0's. 

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

There was no confusion during the pandemic. I am registered at the hospital with the pink card and the hospital put me on Mor Phrom.

Almost front of the queue when the vaccine rollout started.

So what? you can register at a Thai hospital with your passport.  As for vaccines', after the initial fuddle it was all sorted.  Most are on their 4th Pfizer.....  

After the first digit, usually a 6 for foreigners, the next two digits appear to be the changwat number as used in the postcode.  I'm in Khon Kaen and my first 3 digits are 6 40.    So 610 would be Bkk, 620 Chonburi.  Perhaps the next couple of digits are amphur within the changwat.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, lungbing said:

After the first digit, usually a 6 for foreigners, the next two digits appear to be the changwat number as used in the postcode.  I'm in Khon Kaen and my first 3 digits are 6 40.    So 610 would be Bkk, 620 Chonburi.  Perhaps the next couple of digits are amphur within the changwat.

I know that digits 2–5 of the ID card number are the district (amphoe) and I wonder whether digits 2–3 represent the province (changwat) and digits 4–5 the district within that province.

Postcodes were introduced in Thailand long after ID cards. Therefore, if there is a relationship between the two, the postcode system copied the ID system, not vice versa. In my case, digits 1–4 of the postcode are identical to digits 2–5 of the ID card.

Is there a publicly available list of the province numbers as used in government databases?

image.jpeg

I've found it again! I don't know the original source of the above image, but eons ago it was in a post on ThaiVisa, I saved it on my computer and ten years ago I attached it to a post of mine.

It confirms that digits 2–3 represent the province, digits 4–5 the district.

On 3/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, RedArmy said:

Not trying to rehash anything, was just interested - I've lived here without one, so no drama really, I'll continue living here without one.

If you really want to know, go to your local Amphur office and ask THEM. :coffee1:

• Confused 1

On 3/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, KannikaP said:

Yes, the Pink Card comes automatically with the Yellow Book. The marriage bit I quoted earlier was for both of them. 

Not true you apply for the pink card after your yellow book, it is NOT automatic 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, Bert got kinky said:

Also from the UK, my first 4 numbers are 1101.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:33 PM, Tayida said:

Switzerland, 1189

If your ID number starts with a 1 it means that you are Thai citizens by birth, in which case you wouldn't have a pink ID card, but a blue one, same as any other Thai.

21 hours ago, brianburi said:

So what? you can register at a Thai hospital with your passport.  As for vaccines', after the initial fuddle it was all sorted.  Most are on their 4th Pfizer.....  

Of course you can register with your passport. When the wife of another foreigner that goes to the same hospital as me found out what the hospital had done, she rung them up and asked why her husband hadn;t been treated in the same way. Hospital told her it was because he had registered with a passport.

Wouldn't touch pfizer with a barge pole, had 4 doses of AZ, the last one over a year ago.

Friend of mine developed an autoimmune disorder and became suicidal, fortunately held on and after about 2 years getting on top of it. Studies from the US would indicate it was a result of the pfizer vaccine.

Hi,

My pink id starts with a 6, then 1042 (district (khet) Sai Mai, Bkk) then a seven numbers showing the order of the category I belong, for example if I was the 75th person that would be "0000075"

plus the verification of the previous 12digits

=6 1042 0000075 X.. 

Finally, the number under the picture at the front of the pink ID its a 11 digit number, the first 4 digits are 1042 (district (khet) Sai Mai, Bkk following by a 7 digit number showing for example, if I was the 130th person issued with by this district office hence those 7 digit numbers would be 0000130...

=10420000130

Conclusion, It has got nothing to do with the nationally of my passport! ????????

It is Provincial allocation in number and that is same use for non emergency medical as one reason. Thai ID card also make need person vote in home Province is example too. Bank account number tell similar. Pink card people just number too ! ????