PINK ID Card UK National format

Good day are Thai pink ID cards written in a way that can distinguish the nationality of the holder. For example, do countries have numbers linked to them.

USA 001-123468-1091

UK 440-456789-1010

Mongolia 967-123456-1234

lao 7701

I am not asking for anyone’s specific number, but wondering specifically for UK Nationals, the first four or five digits.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Where I’m residing just now the ID is 

National of country 

year you registered 

number of people from same country registered. 
for example 

UK-2023-500th per registered from UK  

if it’s Thai Province what’s the Chonburi first 5 or 6 digits 

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

How does one go about obtaining one of these Pink cards ? Are they easy to get ? What is the criteria ?

My Amphur, in Bang Rakam, told me I must be MARRIED to get one. I know that's a load of bullocks, but who am I to argue.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Nice try at rehashing a long since discussed topic ???? 

Not trying to rehash anything, was just interested - I've lived here without one, so no drama really, I'll continue living here without one.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

First get a Yellow House Book, when you have that they are easy to get :whistling:

Yes, the Pink Card comes automatically with the Yellow Book. The marriage bit I quoted earlier was for both of them. 

DOES anyone from UK In chonburi?

why are many starting with a 6. 
are the 6’s resident in Korat ??

is the number linked to province and age

cam anyone provide 

province 

nationality 

age ID was issued 

On 3/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, KannikaP said:

Yes, the Pink Card comes automatically with the Yellow Book. The marriage bit I quoted earlier was for both of them. 

Mine never, I had to apply for it showing my yellow book and I think the long stay visa thing...

It was easy, photos and fingerprints..

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, bolt said:

Good day are Thai pink ID cards written in a way that can distinguish the nationality of the holder.

No, The pink card number is the same as the number in your yellow book (which you must have to obtain a Pink Card)

There has been lots of discussion on the merits of them over the years-- I find it very useful to have, easy to get (but then I am talking Issan, where everything seems so much easier then BKK etc)

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Rooo said:

First number designation is your status. 6 means you live here on temporary basis.

More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

That page has several mistakes on it. 

There is a lot of confusion with this pink non-Thai ID card regarding Westerners, as it is meant for migrant workers, displaced persons, and refugees, whose card usually starts with '0'

By law, they must give it to it all aliens but many offices don't want to give it, as like I said, it is meant for the above, there really is no need for Westerners to have it. I think they people who work in the offices are paranoid that the law that ALL foreigners must have it will be enforced, which would be a nightmare for them. Many Thais will either laugh when seeing a farang with it, or not understand what it means. If you look on the back of it, it says 'you can't travel outside the province it is registered in without formal written document. 

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

For the pink card we are talkng about in this topic, the first digit of the ID number is always 6. Digits 2–6 identify the district office where the card was issued.

The first digit on the pink cards of PR holders is 8. Mine is an 8.

6 is for those here on temporary stay.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tayida said:

Switzerland, 1189

There is nothing in the pink ID card number to identify the card holders nationality.

I am a Swiss national and the sequence 1189 is not in the ID number of my card.

2 minutes ago, Maestro said:

There is nothing in the pink ID card number to identify the card holders nationality.

I am a Swiss national and the sequence 1189 is not in the ID number of my card.

1) I know 

2) I suppose is different for everyone, even if from the same country.

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That page has several mistakes on it. 

There is a lot of confusion with this pink non-Thai ID card regarding Westerners, as it is meant for migrant workers, displaced persons, and refugees, whose card usually starts with '0'

By law, they must give it to it all aliens but many offices don't want to give it, as like I said, it is meant for the above, there really is no need for Westerners to have it. I think they people who work in the offices are paranoid that the law that ALL foreigners must have it will be enforced, which would be a nightmare for them. Many Thais will either laugh when seeing a farang with it, or not understand what it means. If you look on the back of it, it says 'you can't travel outside the province it is registered in without formal written document. 

Mine starts with 6, same as my yellow book.

My local Tesco has started asking for my passport to pay bills, something I never carry, so l whip out the pink card , job done. :stoner: 

• Confused 1