Multi-Process Welder:

Wanderer555

On 7/29/2023 at 9:17 PM, kickstart said:

I am looking at MIG welders, but I am almost working backwards, looking for CO2 gas first, before buying the welder.

I live in a rural area and so far, I have found two suppliers', one our very  local steel stockiest, the other I noticed driving out from our local town, next to the main road.

So, ask around oxygen is easy to find ask them if they know of any suppliers of CO2 in the area, or maybe try Thai Facebook?.

Looking at this photo what is the steel 1/4inch angle iron, I would use an ark welder on that, the steel is thick enough to take a good weld.

I am making yet another gate,10 foot , steel a bit thin not easy to ark weld, hence looking at a MIG welder. 

Now the country is back to normal our local shop is now open, bottles of CO2, and next to them bottles of Argon gas, they are mainly a steel shop with a small builder merchant. 

Theu also sell welders and wire.

The numbers, to buy your first bottle of CO2 is 4600 baht, but for a refill /exchange it is 500 baht, they said the gas tank regulator should??? come with the welder. 

They had a welder in, only a Flux-Core, they did not have the dule ones, it was 5500 baht,220 amp at that price should be ok, better than 1500-2000 baht jobs on Lazada , the Flux Core wire 0.8mm was 360 baht the pack was 1 kg.

As I said I live in a rural area, and as this is Thailand, they must be a place like this near you, it is a case of asking around. 

RIMG0042 - Copy.JPG

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

No secret,ust giving you some Infor as to what is about.

What the prices are around here should be the same as where you are.

Since you have decided to (or neglected to), not fill in your profile the information is of very little use since you could be anywhere in the 520,000 km2 that is Thailand, not to mention that nobody round here is admitting to knowing where it is available.

YouIMG_6169.jpeg.7ab5d59c8ee79dfcd433613e68e2781b.jpeg

———————————-

meIMG_6170.jpeg.28644cc1f6da4f4cd4f8ab523cb7434f.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

20 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Since you have decided to (or neglected to), not fill in your profile the information is of very little use since you could be anywhere in the 520,000 km2 that is Thailand, not to mention that nobody round here is admitting to knowing where it is available.

———————————-

Probably Ex CIA Black OPs.... 

• Haha 1

CO2 is a little more difficult to weld with, but it is much cheaper and provides higher weld temperatures which (once you get used to it) make it faster. The higher temp makes thin material more difficult to weld, but it generally penetrates better and it's much better for burning off galvanizing and paint.

The cost, speed and penetration make it pretty tough to beat CO2 for heavy fabricating, but not ideal for beginners or thin material. 

Argon is probably the easiest to learn and results in really clean, nice welds, but it is more expensive and burns cooler so it's slower and does not penetrate as well. One nice thing about Ar is that you can weld aluminum with it too. 

75/25 ArCO2 is generally accepted as the best all-around MIG gas for mild steel. 

@sometimewoodworker Ok it was starting to bug me that no one seemed to have an answer for you so I spoke with some people to find out, and to be honest it was actually quite hard to find, but here's what I got:

บริษัท อุตสาหกรรมก๊าซขาวสะอาด จ ากดั
ที่อย5ู่ 2 หมู่6ถนนอุดร-เลย ต ำบลนำดี อ ำเภอเมืองอุดรธำนี จังหวัดอุดรธำนี 41000

โทรศัพท์0-4220-1399

image.png.deadaabf57e004f6440dcb484d354327.png

Apparently there aren't many CO2 refilling places in Ubon

There's a good one in Khon Kaen otherwise:

ขอนแก่นอ๊อกซิเจน อ.เมือง จ.ขอนแก่น

image.png.6fadb9dd11fdf92a68a07727cfda4ad6.png

5 hours ago, DrukenMallardy said:

@sometimewoodworker Ok it was starting to bug me that no one seemed to have an answer for you so I spoke with some people to find out, and to be honest it was actually quite hard to find, but here's what I got:

บริษัท อุตสาหกรรมก๊าซขาวสะอาด จ ากดั
ที่อย5ู่ 2 หมู่6ถนนอุดร-เลย ต ำบลนำดี อ ำเภอเมืองอุดรธำนี จังหวัดอุดรธำนี 41000

โทรศัพท์0-4220-1399

image.png.deadaabf57e004f6440dcb484d354327.png

Apparently there aren't many CO2 refilling places in Ubon

I suspect you meant Udon, but thanks for searching that for me. You are correct that there are many people giving less than useful information.

@DrukenMallardy  if you could give me the Google map links that you found that would be extremely helpful, my Thai character recognition SW has a problem with getting anything right and when I try in English it is almost certainly 100% wrong.

12 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I suspect you meant Udon, but thanks for searching that for me. You are correct that there are many people giving less than useful information.

@DrukenMallardy  if you could give me the Google map links that you found that would be extremely helpful, my Thai character recognition SW has a problem with getting anything right and when I try in English it is almost certainly 100% wrong.

Udon one:

https://goo.gl/maps/n1RHzFzP1pP3jvH57

Khon Kaen

https://goo.gl/maps/h362brJFyVkcVwGB8

• Thumbs Up 1

Not trying to hijack this topic but i have had a MIG welder for a few years now and it works fine.

Recently i am getting a lot of ads about laser welding and it looks very

interesting.

Does anyone have one or has used one?

They are cheap to buy and for home use they sound like a great machine to have.

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Not trying to hijack this topic but i have had a MIG welder for a few years now and it works fine.

interesting.

That is is something I’ve never seen, I rather doubt that it is possible for any reasonable thickness of steel (over 0.5mm) and even mor sceptical that a very powerful (it has to be) laser is cheap and available for non commercial use.

I will be happy to be proven wrong.

7 hours ago, jvs said:

That does rather make the points is posited doesn’t it?

you said

22 hours ago, jvs said:

So CHEAP TO BUY must have a very different meaning for you, as a light duty machine is going to cost ฿200,000 ~ ฿400,000 and over ฿700,000 for the better ones, and that is ignoring import costs.
So for commercial use where the speed is a significant factor they are going to be commercially effective in high wage countries or for robot assisted production.

In short a machine that is about 40~80 times the price of a cheap MIG and 7 times the price of a professional MIG. Is not in any way cheap nor suitable for home use.

This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy one, why not if you have the price of a car in pocket change? 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That looks badass, get one and let us know how it works out. 

How much is it? 

That is the thing,1450 baht in the ad.

I want to get one just to know.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

The article you referenced was giving a price of ฿200,000, that was what I was basing my comments on the article you referenced. Having done a little research  on AliExpress 

The wire feed unit is going to cost over ฿14,000 the laser itself is going to be over ฿135,000

Bottom line buy one even at the full price of ฿2,800 it’s not going to hurt your pocket and don’t confirm delivery until you have tested it and you may be able to get your money back when it doesn’t work.

With the remote chance that does work you will be able to crow that nobody believed you

On 8/5/2023 at 10:24 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

———————————-

Been busy ,I am in  Lopburi, a long way from you, that is way I did not put in my location.

On 8/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, jvs said:

interesting.

What do you mean cheap? A real proper fibre laser welding machine will set you back 200,000 THB minimum (1500W), anything less than that is likely not a real laser welding machine.  

I've had a few goes and they're great, but usually used for thinner jobs, laser will likely replace smaller TIG jobs, but MIG will still have it's place for welding thicker materials, anything thicker than 3mm will need MIG/TIG/MMA.  

On 8/11/2023 at 4:17 PM, jvs said:

I want to get one just to know.

The 1450 baht pricing is only for the gun of the laser, it isn't actually the laser, it's like buying the MIG gun but not the machine.  

@sometimewoodworker is correct you need to add up all the other parts too.

Real laser welding isn't going to be for household use anytime within the next 3 years, but maybe 7-10 years time we might see prices drop below 100,000 THB, but don't hold your breath.

MIG has only just started to come down in price for DIY use I would argue, TIG (proper TIG not the <deleted>ty lift-TIG) is still expensive both in terms of machines and consumables/fillers.  

18 minutes ago, DrukenMallardy said:

The 1450 baht pricing is only for the gun of the laser, it isn't actually the laser, it's like buying the MIG gun but not the machine.  

Having looked at parts prices it almost certainly isn’t the gun or the wirefeed unit as they are each in the 20,000 and over range, it likely to be a protective lens unit or safety glasses.

the advertised prices are never for the complete unit, always for small parts,  just use “laser welding machine” as a search in AliExpress.

2 hours ago, jvs said:

644b66b7b8829.jpg

And exactly what is the point of your post?

The supposed tool is so clearly and obviously a fake, as it claims to be an American product that  it certainly isn’t, it use some parts of a laser welder but is missing some rather large parts.

IMG_6365.thumb.jpeg.967ab3eb0d2305269708e6da453471eb.jpeg

if it were it would be easy to find

the power claimed would require water cooling 

43 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

And exactly what is the point of your post?

The supposed tool is so clearly and obviously a fake, as it claims to be an American product that  it certainly isn’t, it use some parts of a laser welder but is missing some rather large parts.

IMG_6365.thumb.jpeg.967ab3eb0d2305269708e6da453471eb.jpeg

if it were it would be easy to find

the power claimed would require water cooling 

Just showing the ad,no need to try and ridicule me at all .

Have a nice day,

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Just showing the ad,no need to try and ridicule me at all .

Have a nice day,

I have no opinion on you, I am certainly not ridiculing you.

However once it was pointed out that the supposed laser welder was at best a bait and switch for consumable parts (and that a welder is going to be hundreds of thousands) the overwhelming majority would have either done research to prove or disprove that.

But you just doubled down with an add for one of the most completely obvious fake tools I’ve seen.

Is that showing that you are gullible? I will leave others to voice their opinion, I know mine.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, DrukenMallardy said:

FWIW the Udon one is totally unavailable.

I did make contact with the KK one

for a new 1.5Q bottle of 80/20 Ar/CO2 it is ฿3,300

image.thumb.png.a21f9a72ad5394052a4a759f80141d87.png

for the large 6Q bottle plus 80/20 Ar/CO2 it is ฿5,800 (this is the standard big gas bottle)

image.png.0bcec4e1086a3365729de3cff2c70340.png

i didn’t ask for a breakdown for pure gases 

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

FWIW the Udon one is totally unavailable.

I did make contact with the KK one

for a new 1.5Q bottle of 80/20 Ar/CO2 it is ฿3,300

image.thumb.png.a21f9a72ad5394052a4a759f80141d87.png

for the large 6Q bottle plus 80/20 Ar/CO2 it is ฿5,800 (this is the standard big gas bottle)

image.png.0bcec4e1086a3365729de3cff2c70340.png

i didn’t ask for a breakdown for pure gases 

Does that include bottle deposit and delivery? 

Edited by Yellowtail
clarity