Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

6 hours ago, Cricky said:

As I said earlier, I don't live at the condo, only used for recreation.

This is an alarming issue, I have a few more condos around town, I went for a drive by yesterday to see the situation at the others. They all have these hideous Chinese EV scooters, one of the Condos has 4 or 5 scooters stacked up in the carpark corner, these cheap nasty vehicles will end up in land fill somewhere.

This sounds a bit strange to have a condo setting empty just to use the recreation facilities or are you renting it out to someone.  If that is the case sounds like you are gaming the system yourself by using the facilities that are meant for the residents and not the landlords.

If you own all these condos and a Tesla why are you concerned about the trivial amount that it takes to charge a scooter?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

This sounds a bit strange to have a condo setting empty just to use the recreation facilities or are you renting it out to someone

Nope, not renting, sitting empty. 

I bought them for my children, I go everyday to enjoy the facilities. 

32 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

you own all these condos and a Tesla why are you concerned about the trivial amount that it takes to charge a scooter?

I made mention of this in my posting, it is only a small amount of electricity but before you know it, we'll have dozens of them lined up for a charge. 

It's also dangerous, I see many of them exploding and catching fire (video above), who pays for the cleanup, also insurance premiums increasing. 

There's lots to think about on this issue. 

Edited by Cricky

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

so lets plug an extension lead in, and run the air fryer and fridge

Yep, that's my point exactly, where will it end. 

I see the gym users charging their pads and phones everyday. 

• Haha 1

I see where you are coming from, and you are right.

But how many condos are there in your building? And how many bikes being charged?

How much have you noticed your common area electricity bill increase by?

Not worth  worrying about until it really is a big problem. Then you can argue that proper pay to charge charging stations should be installed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steve187 said:

so lets plug an extension lead in, and run the air fryer and fridge

Why not, the CAMO fees pay for the common areas.

I use my condos Gym, run on the treadmill and run the AC while I am in there, are you saying I shouldn't?  It's a rhetorical question. I saw your post the same way....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My small EV scooter had 4 small batteries. Charging from empty to full battery overnight, less than 1 unit of electricity! 

Most friends in condo buildings allow EV vehicle, a few don't.

What about the showers that your condo has in the common area near the gym like mine does.  Should people be charged to use the bathroom and the showers after working out, and since we are on the subject what about those that swim and use the showers before and after should they pay a fee as well.  You better check your condominiums CAMO Fee report and see what it pays for.  We get the updates at the owners meetings, and then they post where the expenses are going on a main bulletin board.  Each unit in our condominium pays a different amount into the CAMO fund based upon how many SqM the units have.  We also decided to not have the Air Conditioning running through the system for the common areas on all of the floors in order to save money which could be used elsewhere.  If your a renter and your complaining about folks using electricity outside of there units then your barking up the wrong tree.  I guess you would have a field day with the holiday decorations and lights being plugged into the power grid as well......cheap charlies.

• Sad 1

OP could just get a scooter and take advantage of the 'energy' he's paying for, being subsidized by the other owners, 

Save the Planet ... OK, save some money.   They are inexpensive & fun to knock around town on.

Would it be fair that a 100 room building has 99 EV’s all using the communal plugs in the car-park, but you don’t have a car, but have elevated communal fee’s because of the higher electricity rates ????

Some people really have a distorted outlook of what is reasonable and fair. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

I'm shocked to read so many members think it's OK to plug their electric vehicles into the common area plugs and charge their vehicles for free, this is theft. 

They feel its OK for the coowners to pay for their trips to 7-Eleven, soi 6, the beach etc., people's ethics don't seem to exists for some.

Anyway, like I said above, I'll join you thieves, buy a scooter and steal the electricity paid for by the coowners. 

Your already paying for it...with your CAMO fee, all of the whole Condominium owners are. Your hilarious.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would it be fair that a 100 room building has 99 EV’s all using the communal plugs in the car-park, but you don’t have a car, but have elevated communal fee’s because of the higher electricity rates ????

Some people really have a distorted outlook of what is reasonable and fair. 

Distorted is a little far fetched. We're not talking charging an EV car system here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your already paying for it...with your CAMO fee, all of the whole Condominium owners are. Your hilarious.

Distorted is a little far fetched ????????

I'm not paying for it, my costs as a single co-owner is miniscule.

Edited by Cricky

2 hours ago, Banana7 said:

The common facilities like the gym and spa are part of the common facilities, as are the elevators, hallways, common space lighting, swimming pool etc., when the condo was built and this is common for many condos. You knew that the common fees and services were there when you moved in. If you don't like those common services, move to another condo that doesn't have those services or facilities. Security is very important and is obviously a common benefit.

Electricity use varies, widely by individual units/persons  and that's why it is metered and billed separately to each condo owner for their unit. EV users should be billed for charging because they get use that energy for their exclusive use, no one else gets to use it. My car needs energy, which is produced from fuel, and I have to pay for it. It doesn't make sense to make others pay for energy that is used for your vehicle.  It's silly to have EV users get a free ride or have others pay for their energy. Pay up EV users!

Why you quote me ???

I am not OP.

I do NOT have a issue at all.

I mentioned other examples of electric usage that I not personally use, none bother me the slightest.

As a ex-owner of a EV vehicle, I would be the last to have a issue.

This topic is imo a funny example how nit picking humans can be. Condo living isn't for everyone, some should live in a house.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Distorted is a little far fetched ????????

I'm not paying for it, my costs as a single co-owner is miniscule.

Then why whine and moan so much about it. I had wanted to buy an EV but the juristic would not allow me to have my own private stall to park in with my own metered EV charger installed. Our condos parking structure is 10 floors and first come first serve even though I am allowed two based upon having a penthouse, but no assigned parking. Each floor in the garage also has a bathroom for use. A neighbor who travels back and forth uses a trickle charger for his cars battery while he is gone....no one has ever complained.

I have a house in PKK where we also live.  Nice to have a place still in BKK when we visit and my visiting family can stay at.

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

This topic is imo a funny example how nit picking humans can be. Condo living isn't for everyone, some should live in a house.

I'm the OP. I live in a house.

EV owners should live in a house and pay for their own charging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Because I don't like thieves.

How are they stealing, remind me again if they and everyone else pays CAMO fees.  They are paying for it already in one way or another.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How are they stealing, remind me again if they and everyone else pays CAMO fees.  They are paying for it already in one way or another.

Looking at their stickers, they are all renting.  We have different coloured stickers for owners and renters.

How are these renters paying for the electricity that charges their EV?

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Looking at their stickers, they are all renting.  We have different coloured stickers for owners and renters.

How are these renters paying for the electricity that charges their EV?

So now they are renters with a different sticker.  I call troll now...The owners of the units are already paying the CAMO fees so it's being payed for. Your not paying fir the Whole Condo job are you..... Adios Cricky.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1