Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

43 minutes ago, Cricky said:

We have many lawns, lots of garden equipment for trimming and cutting.  So, if we had a petrol bowser to fill the garden equipment some of you wouldn't hesitate to fill up your Honda Wave (or similar scooter) with petrol and not pay.

This is how I look at this issue. 

Those of you that steal the electricity to charge your electric vehicle, do you see my example differently?  

Now your running the gamut and mixing apples and oranges.  Let me run my bitcoin mining rigs off of your solar power...then there's an issue. Even a true EV car uses more energy than a tiny EV bike battery. But to placate you someone took some oranges off my tree, now that's stealing but then I give half away free anyway...guess the Monks in Thailand are stealing from you as well...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

Dual pricing.

Corruption.

Pickups blasting music.

Karaoke bars open all night.

Street racing.

Traffic deaths.

Road work never completed, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai sidewalk.

Road work many times within few years, Pattaya beach road ...

Current topic in comparison seem very petty / minor.  And when OP says he live in a house ...  

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now your running the gamut and mixing apples and oranges.  Let me run my bitcoin mining rigs off of your solar power...then there's an issue. Even a true EV car uses more energy than a tiny EV bike battery. But to placate you someone took some oranges off my tree, now that's stealing but then I give half away free anyway...guess the Monks in Thailand are stealing from you as well...

Wow, you are one confused dude.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yep, lots of issues, non of which I can control or have any control over.

Electricity theft is an issue and being a co-owner I can stop.

I just need to understand how the thieves are thinking.

I agree that EV charging from outlets in common areas of condos is an issue. But I don't think the "theft" angle will hold much sway with the condo management. 

Safety is the argument to make with them: IF one of those cheap EV scooters catches fire at 3 am, how much risk will that pose to condo residents asleep in their beds? Somchai the night guard can be trusted to a) be awake and b) tackle an electric fire properly?

However, this is Thailand, so chances are nothing will change until there is a condo fire caused by EV charging and lots of people die. 

The real issue is that when most condos were built, EV cars and scooters were almost unknown here. So no-one planned for them when designing condos (and probably still don't). The risk of an EV scooter catching fire while charging may be small but even if, say, 1 in 1,000,000, when you've got a million of them around the city charging every day ...

58 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yep, lots of issues, non of which I can control or have any control over.

Electricity theft is an issue and being a co-owner I can stop.

I just need to understand how the thieves are thinking.

how is it theft ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

how is it theft ?

They are using a commodity that is paid for by others without consent. This is theft.

Do you have an education?

Why am I explaining this, it's common sense and something that is taught in primary school.

You are obviously trying to antagonize me, knock it off or I will report you.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cricky said:

They are using a commodity that is paid for by others without consent. This is theft.

Do you have an education?

Why am I explaining this, it's common sense and something that is taught in primary school.

You are obviously trying to antagonize me, knock it off or I will report you.

Oh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...whimper whimper..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

36 minutes ago, Cricky said:

So the people that are charging their scooters are not residents (owners or renters) ?

2 hours ago, Cricky said:

Wow, you are one confused dude.

Far from confused. Lived here long enough to know when to whine and bitch about things that are out of your sphere of influence. Tell me do you as an owner pay the CAMO fee and confront other owners who use more of the common area....no you don't as you live in a house, so your just trolling here.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Far from confused. Lived here long enough to know when to whine and bitch about things that are out of your sphere of influence. Tell me do you as an owner pay the CAMO fee and confront other owners who use more of the common area....no you don't as you live in a house, so your just trolling here.

What is 'CAMO' fees?  

I do live in a house. 

I own Condominiums and pay the annual common fees for those condos.  

What is your problem?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The actual cost to charge 1 EV scooter:

208 baht Per Year.

(from personal experience)

Divided on 200 condo owners

= 1,04 baht, per condo owner per Year for 1 EV scooter. 

1 charge per week last 40+ km, drain less than 1 unit, that cost less than 4 baht.

No wonder this irritate some owners.

It's 1 baht per year, per each EV scooter - that owners have to pay for these "thieves".

(Sarcasm)

How about pool lightning that's on until midnight or 6 am?

How about lights on unnecessary in common area daytime?

I personally don't get upset or think about any of these very minor issues. 

1 baht per condo owner per year.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

The actual cost to charge 1 EV scooter:

208 baht Per Year.

(from personal experience)

Divided on 200 condo owners

= 1,04 baht, per condo owner per Year for 1 EV scooter. 

1 charge per week last 40+ km, drain less than 1 unit, that cost less than 4 baht.

No wonder this irritate some owners.

It's 1 baht per year, per each EV scooter - that owners have to pay for these "thieves".

(Sarcasm)

How about pool lightning that's on until midnight or 6 am?

How about lights on unnecessary in common area daytime?

I personally don't get upset or think about any of these very minor issues. 

1 baht per condo owner per year.

You didn't read the original posting. 

I said...... 

I understand that they do not require a lot of electricity to charge but the numbers are climbing, I can see a day that there will be 100 of these unsafe Chinese vehicles in our car park

Edited by Cricky

28 minutes ago, Cricky said:

You didn't read the original posting. 

I said...... 

I understand that they do not require a lot of electricity to charge but the numbers are climbing, I can see a day that there will be 100 of these unsafe Chinese vehicles in our car park

Not just Chinese e-vehicles any e-vehicle with lithium batteries can catch fire or explode if not charged correctly or maintained properly. 

Thai are good at maintenance though. ????

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not just Chinese e-vehicles any e-vehicle with lithium batteries can catch fire or explode if not charged correctly or maintained properly. 

Thai are good at maintenance though. ????

Yep, agree

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So your claiming all residents whether they are owners or renters are thieves ?

They are using the electricity to charge their battery operated vehicles, the electricity that I pay for without my consent, it is stealing. 

Why don't you understand. 

Kleptomania (klep-toe-MAY-nee-uh) is a mental health disorder that involves repeatedly being unable to resist urges to steal items that you generally don't really need. Often the items stolen have little value and you could afford to buy them. Kleptomania is rare but can be a serious condition. It can cause much emotional pain to you and your loved ones — and even legal problems — if not treated.

Edited by Cricky

32 minutes ago, Cricky said:

They are using the electricity to charge their battery operated vehicles, the electricity that I pay for without my consent, it is stealing. 

They are using the electric with the consent of the condo owner..

how much per week/month/year are these pesky thieves stealing from your wallet ?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

how much per week/month/year are these pesky thieves stealing from your wallet ?

Have you got a crystal ball. 

Most landlords are living abroad. 

Now you are lying saying that they have consent. 

I will send them (quite a few) of these thieves around your house so they can charge their EV's. 

Edited by Cricky

3 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Have you got a crystal ball. 

Most landlords are living abroad. 

Now you are lying saying that they have consent. 

I will send them (quite a few) of these thieves around your house so they can charge their EV's. 

So the owners living abroad are failing to pay the annual common area maintenance/organization fees which includes electric? If they are paying there annual fees then by renting the apartment/condo the renters enjoy the same use of the common areas as the owner. Your a little delusional in your view.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So the owners living abroad are failing to pay the annual commo  area fees which includes electric and by renting the apartment/condo the renters enjoy the same use as the owner. Your a little delusional in your view.

Look, I don't care about others, why bring them up. 

I AM PAYING for the EV users to charge their batteries to travel to and from wherever. 

You guys are winding me up. 

Please don't comment if you're not sure about this issue or read my comments and stop wasting my time. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yea, my E-MB is probably much larger than the scooters mentioned in the OP.

3000w motor & 72v50Ah battery ... so all of 3.6kWh, IF 0-100% charged.  So all of ฿18 baht for the week, if I was to charge on the grid.

So if 10 of those, highly doubtful, then all of ฿180 baht X 4 weeks = ฿720 divided by how many units ... OMF'gG.

Most scooters are 48v12Ah = 600w per full charge and would take 6 of them, to match mine.

• Thanks 1