Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

18 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I understand that. 

It's us co-owners paying. 

It's dishonest, unethical, dishonorable, immoral. 

It's theft. 

So then those using the Air con in the play room, the small gym, using the sauna who are not co-owners but live there are thieves as well .......your view is so narrow and if you get wadded up over a few baht then I really feels for you, must be killing you to think of missing out on that 1 bottle of water per month it's costing you.  You really are a champ.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So then those using the Air con in the play room, the small gym, using the sauna who are not co-owners but live there are thieves as well .......your view is so narrow and if you get wadded up over a few baht then I really feels for you, must be killing you to think of missing out on that 1 bottle of water per month it's costing you.  You really are a champ.

You spelt Chump wrong !!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So, can anyone ride the scooters being charged? I thought not. 

While it is stealing, I imagine people do it for convenance than anything else.

Electricity is not real cheap, and charging batteries generally takes a good bit of it. 

A few would not be a problem, but left unchecked it could be, not just the cost, but if non-owners are stealing electricity, they are taking up space as well. 

After a while, more receptacles are needed, and guys start getting creative... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So then those using the Air con in the play room, the small gym, using the sauna who are not co-owners but live there are thieves as well 

I'm not talking about these items that were here before we bought condos. 

If the developer said I would be paying for all the miserable old codgers who are too cheap to pay for his electricity to charge his EV, I could then choose to buy or not to buy. 

I was not told about these thieves when I purchased. 

Edited by Cricky

1 minute ago, Cricky said:

I'm not talking about these items that were here before we bought condos. 

If the developer said I would be paying for the miserable old codger, who is too cheap to pay for electricity to charge his EV, I could then choose to buy or not to buy. 

I was not told about these thieves when I purchased. 

This miserable old codger whom if not a condo owner is a renter........... where should he charge his EV if not at his condo building ?

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

This miserable old codger whom if not a condo owner is a renter........... where should he charge his EV if not at his condo building ?

If he can't charge it from his own metered power outlet he shouldn't buy an EV. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So he cannot use a supplied facility that he is paying for ?

Not according to the OP poster.....they would be stealing from him. He probably had his toys used by somebody else when he was a tike so it bothers him.....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not according to the OP poster.....they would be stealing from him. He probably had his toys used by somebody else when he was a tike so it bothers him.....

Wonder if the OP actually confronts these so called thieves or just hides behind his keyboard ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Then how is he going to save the world? 

How's he saving the world.

Thailand electricity is generated by fossil fuels.

The only thing he saves is his own money.

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Wonder if the OP actually confronts these so called thieves or just hides behind his keyboard ?

Would you be stupid enough to confront a thief? 

It's pointless, most thieves are uneducated, unethical, unapproachable. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Cricky said:

How's he saving the world.

Thailand electricity is generated by fossil fuels.

The only thing he saves is his own money.

Yep 1 baht at a time. No wonder foreigners get called cheap Charlie's the you truly are a penny pinching miser apparently and you ensure this with your rant about thieving electrical users even when they are not just foreigners but Thais as well who have EV bikes...it's laughable.

• Love It 1

33 minutes ago, Cricky said:

So you whine and rant...that's hilarious. Put up signs telling the supposed scofflaws to stop.....you can't can you....

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep 1 baht at a time. No wonder foreigners get called cheap Charlie's the you truly are a penny pinching miser apparently and you ensure this with your rant about thieving electrical users even when they are not just foreigners but Thais as well who have EV bikes...it's laughable.

You're a damm antagonizer, go away.

If you read my initial posting I said before you know it there will be 100 of these unsafe Chinese vehicles in our car park charging from common area outlets.

Please don't comment any more you are making yourself look foolish and you really are being a child by replying without reading.

STOP wasting my time child.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

So you would not discuss with fellow tenants the grievances you have with them.

Rather spineless of you !!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
1 hour ago, Cricky said:

So you would not discuss with fellow tenants the grievances you have with them.

Rather spineless of you !

So you are in agreement that you would be that stupid?

Edited by Cricky
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Cricky said:

I mentioned to the Juristic building manager that they can catch on fire and explode, they replied saying this is why we have car park security guard

A good reason to buy a dry powder fire extinguisher.

https://fire-risk-assessment-network.com/blog/dry-powder-fire-extinguishers/

Where Can Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers Be Used?
Dry Powder ExtinguisherA dry powder fire extinguisher can be used in a large variety of situations, these are as follows:

Use of a standard dry powder fire extinguisher:

Class A fires; fires that involve flammable solids like textiles, paper, and wood
Class B fires; fires that involve flammable liquids, for example, paint, diesel, and petrol
Class C fires; fires that involve flammable gases, for instance, butane or methane
Electrical fires where the electrical equipment is up to a maximum of 1000v

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Unlike yourself, Iam not a mouthy <deleted> that hides behind a keyboard.

So many AN forum members are keen to offer good advice, so much knowledge here. 

Thailand has been my home for more than 20 years, I started coming to Thailand in my 20's, now in my 50's. Working offshore in different countries, monthly international flights, I made Thailand my home for convenience.

I'm just about done with my goals and achievements so I don't need to ask questions, I've learnt so much the hard way. 

I posted and asked a fair question, it really confuses me to see this type of theft, probably because my values are different to those of others. 

I should have know I'd be badgered with hostility and anger from some members, it seems some members are only here to hate. 

Some of the AN members reminds me of Statler and Waldorf, the pair of Muppet characters. I reckon similar age group to. 

Always with their cantankerous opinions.

Never willing to discuss issues that they find difficult and that they don't understand only here to be annoying. 

Consistently heckling, antagonizing, repetitive with their jeered hostile replies. 

The similarities are endless

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
17 hours ago, Cricky said:

I'm living here enjoying myself, purchasing the pleasures in life. 

Obviously you are not enjoying yourself if this thread is to go by.

Agree, I'm not enjoying myself at all. 

Spending my quality time explaining over and over again to the miserable, nasty, horrible members who are only here to antagonize and hate. 

Edited by Cricky

Why whine about so-called thieves that 'steal' less than 1 baht per month (if very few condo units where you bought your unit) Now if there's 300-500-1,000 units, it would be down to Satang for each owner.  Per Year!

Think about that for a minute, let it sink in. Sitting here for weeks, arguing, name calling and my fav: 'go away'. You come across as ... well I don't want to write it.

Life and the world has way bigger problems, and this is not the time for pity "satang theft".

Get real.

NO ev-scooter get charged daily. Nonsense. 40-50 km on 1 charge, meaning less than 1 charge per week. Charge daily and batteries are dead within 3 months, guaranteed.

Riding position on these tiny things are uncomfortable, no one in their right mind use it for anything else than to 7eleven, laundry shop etc, in their area.

I'm sure you be back, when all WE condo owners has to pay for fireproof charging stations. Now, THAT will be a amount many will be moaning and whining about!

Can't stop evolution, and if you really so miserable for a few Satang "theft" as you call it, sell and move to another building that don't allow ev-scooters, they do exist!  For now!

Problem solved.

• Love It 1

11 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Why whine about so-called thieves

I posted a fair question, it became a whine once the immoral members, the penny pinches, the scroogers, tight-@rses, the ones with values different to mine came on board trying to justify this theft.

I was born in Sydney and grew up in a leafy suburb. When I was in high school I worked evenings, selling newspapers and pushing shopping trolleys. I've worked all my life, my company sends me on regular training courses keeping skilled. 

Growing up both my parents worked, they would always tell me and my siblings, work hard because the aged pension is just for those who have never worked, never had a job, who don't have savings, it's for the dole bludgers.

I came to live in Thailand many years ago, I see alot of these people, people living here in Thailand on welfare and it makes me think how people on the aged pension can survive and live comfortably in Thailand. Yes, Thailand is affordable but is it a happy life for those without savings, on the aged pension, the little bit of money the government gives you, is this the reason behind this unethical behavior, people think it's OK to steal? 

I prefer have money to buy the comforts in life for me and my family, go to the restaurants I like, to travel to different places and live well, owning several, houses, condos, vehicles, cars and motorbikes

I'm sure my values are different to those of some of the ex-dole bludgers who are on aged pensions that choose to live in Thailand. 

Some may think it's OK to behave unethically, immoraly, actions that are against social norms or acts that are considered unacceptable to the public, like cheating on your spouse, plugging their personal items in communal outlets, to eat food before paying at the checkout, etc. 

The world is is full of very different people, same regarding AN members, different people (poor cheap souls). 

Edited by Cricky