Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

11 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Look, I don't care about others, why bring them up. 

I AM PAYING for the EV users to charge their batteries to travel to and from wherever. 

You guys are winding me up. 

Please don't comment if you're not sure about this issue or read my comments and stop wasting my time. 

Your not paying for all of them to charge the EV bike batteries now are you....your paying your portion of the common area maintenence fee which includes electric as used by all in the common area fir all things including the gym, bathrooms etc... So if there are as KhunLA says in his quote below, even 10 bikes, your maybe paying 50 to 100 baht of your fee for the year. Into electric.  If you feel so inclined then reduce your annual fee payment and inform the juristic committee of such reduction. The same would apply for those washing there cars with common area water or dumping trash from there cars into the trash cans in the garages....

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yea, my E-MB is probably much larger than the scooters mentioned in the OP.

3000w motor & 72v50Ah battery ... so all of 3.6kWh, IF 0-100% charged.  So all of ฿18 baht for the week, if I was to charge on the grid.

So if 10 of those, highly doubtful, then all of ฿180 baht X 4 weeks = ฿720 divided by how many units ... OMF'gG.

Most scooters are 48v12Ah = 600w per full charge and would take 6 of them, to match mine.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your not paying for all of them to charge the EV bike batteries now are you....your paying your portion of the common

Yep, it's a portion too bloody much. 

THIEVES 

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I have my MG wall charger on PlugShare site for anyone to use, for 'free' if they need to.  As another EV owning member does, giving me the idea to follow suit.  If checking PlugShare site for residential CS, there's more than a few.

Some people try to make the world a better place ...

... others ? ... nuff said

Thanks for your kindness. ????

Just now, Cricky said:

Yep, it's a portion too bloody much. 

THIEVES 

You must want to charge the visitors of condo owners who come to the condos and who use the common area toilets then, is that correct? 

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You must want to charge the visitors of condo owners who come to the condos and who use the common area toilets then, is that correct? 

Why antagonize, get a life.

I haven't mentioned anything about power outlets in the common area toilets. 

What is your problem. 

If you're going to be a child, go away. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Have you got a crystal ball. 

Most landlords are living abroad. 

Now you are lying saying that they have consent. 

I will send them (quite a few) of these thieves around your house so they can charge their EV's. 

Landlord pays condo fees.

Renter has a signed rental agreement with landlord.

Renter has landlords consent, Are you really that dim ?

Send the EV's to my place all you like.... will be amusing to see how they negotiate not only the 8ft walls surrounding my property but also the 2 Alsatian guard dogs !!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Landlord pays condo fees.

Renter has a signed rental agreement with landlord.

Renter has landlords consent, Are you really that dim ?

Oh, OK, so they have asked the landlord if they can plug their EV into the common area outlets and the landlord said yes. You are the Dim one. 

You and your fairytales can leave me alone too. 

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Send the EV's to my place all you like.... will be amusing to see how they negotiate not only the 8ft walls surrounding my property but also the 2 Alsatian guard dogs !

Yes, I didn't think you'd welcome the thieves stealing your electricity. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Why antagonize, get a life.

I haven't mentioned anything about power outlets in the common area toilets. 

What is your problem. 

If you're going to be a child, go away. 

The FIGJAM is strong in this one.

15 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Oh, OK, so they have asked the landlord if they can plug their EV into the common area outlets and the landlord said yes. You are the Dim one. 

Rent includes use of the common area's and facilities.

Are you American by chance ?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Rent includes use of the common area's and facilities.

Are you American by chance ?

Yep understood. 

I said earlier that I'll be buying a scooter, charge for free.

I'm also going to be charging my Tesla daily from the common area outlets. 

If you can't beat them, join them. ????

FB_IMG_1677817252143.jpg

Edited by Cricky

5 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yep understood. 

FB_IMG_1677817252143.jpg

If it gives you such heartburn have it written into the condominium bylaws which state it is illegal, but until it is banned learn to live with it and don't get wrapped around the axels.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

The same would apply for those washing there cars with common area water or dumping trash from there cars into the trash cans in the garages....

Charging your EV at common property outlets is no problem for you. And you also have no problem to use the common area water for washing your car? Be happy that you are not here at my condo complex... But I can't believe that this is different at your place. This would be very special or simply one with very bad management.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yep understood. 

If you can't beat them, join them. ????

if you are charging at your condo it aint for free............. isn't that what your gripe is ?

On 3/3/2023 at 12:15 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Distorted is a little far fetched. We're not talking charging an EV car system here.

Where do you draw the line ?... 

Or rather, where ‘should’ the line be drawn....  

This is not using the ‘nearby power socket’ in the parking area to power a vacuum to clean the car out etc...   its at the very thin end of the wedge of taking advantage thieving power. 

Do we all agree that charging a Car EV all year on the communal power grid is taking the ‘pish’ ? 

How about just for a month ? or a week ?....  Where is the line ?

Do we all agree that charging a Car EV overnight on the communal power grid is taking the ‘pish’ ? 

Then... is charging your electrical motorcycle all year round not also taking the pish and ripping off the other residents who contribute to the communal costs of electricity in the communal area ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cricky said:

I AM PAYING for the EV users to charge their batteries to travel to and from wherever. 

Indeed you do:

1 baht per condo owner per year, if 200 units.

0,20 baht year, if 1000 condo units. No wonder you are upset.

You create a huge debate and call these people thieves - for what?

For 0,20 baht/year, to 1 baht per year.

Really? Thieves?

Are you serious, or only winding us all up? This is a serious question.

This topic is  beyond ridiculous, and funny.

Fire Hazard would be a much better argument for discussion about EV scooters, but not 0,20-1,04 baht year for each condo owner.

Some day all condo owners has to pay for designated parking stations with electric outlets, for all types of EV vehicles.  That will hit all condo owners wallet much more.  Even more, if fire-proof area for each vehicle are required.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Cricky said:

I mentioned to the Juristic building manager that they can catch on fire and explode, they replied saying this is why we have car park security guard

It's a mute subject, since your "Juristic building manager" is allowing them to charge.

Options:

... bring it up at the next meeting

... MOVE or sell

Crying on the forum won't change anything.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Charging your EV at common property outlets is no problem for you. And you also have no problem to use the common area water for washing your car? Be happy that you are not here at my condo complex... But I can't believe that this is different at your place. This would be very special or simply one with very bad management.

Our bylaws allows users of the facilities to clean there cars.  There is never an abuse. The condo is well managed by the management company. The upkeep is great and just this past year they remodeled the entry lobby and painted the building, which of course the Common Area Maintenance fees paid for. We also had a new elevator Installed as one of them broke down. New water tanks were also added to the rooftop area. The pool will be re-tiled this year as well. The junior owner in the condo is myself as we bought just 5 years ago. The others have been there for years. Only 1/4 are renters.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where do you draw the line ?... 

Or rather, where ‘should’ the line be drawn....  

This is not using the ‘nearby power socket’ in the parking area to power a vacuum to clean the car out etc...   its at the very thin end of the wedge of taking advantage thieving power. 

Do we all agree that charging a Car EV all year on the communal power grid is taking the ‘pish’ ? 

How about just for a month ? or a week ?....  Where is the line ?

Do we all agree that charging a Car EV overnight on the communal power grid is taking the ‘pish’ ? 

Then... is charging your electrical motorcycle all year round not also taking the pish and ripping off the other residents who contribute to the communal costs of electricity in the communal area ?

The issue was charging an EV bike not a car. A car takes a special type of charger.....

On 3/2/2023 at 6:58 PM, KhunLA said:

"unsafe" ... ????

The outlets were there, to be used by people, for whatever reason, before.   That they weren't used before is irrelevant.

If they added a new gym or pool, would you be crying, whether you use it or not.   If you did, should the rest of the owners who don't, foot the bill ?

is it ok if outsiders/neighbors or tourists from nearby condo/hotel come and charge their scooters and do laundry as well, because I see it happening on a daily basis and also see the electricity bill going up on a monthly basis...btw I don't use the pool however do pay for the maintenance and no complaining about it as it was part of the original homeowners dues/fees

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

is it ok if outsiders/neighbors or tourists from nearby condo/hotel come and charge their scooters and do laundry as well, because I see it happening on a daily basis and also see the electricity bill going up on a monthly basis...btw I don't use the pool however do pay for the maintenance and no complaining about it as it was part of the original homeowners dues/fees

My condo garage is secure with a guard gate and to enter you need to use a card key to open the gate. The security guard in the booth there writes down the plates of cars going in and out and only owners are allowed access. Security cameras are also in place on all floors of the parking garage. The garage holds up to 40 motorbikes on the 1st level and 20 cars on each of the other 9 levels. We have 200 units in the condo. The pool and gym are on the 12th floor. The pool is under cover of the 14th floor, and so it can be used when it's raining. We also have saunas which can be used and they are attached to the common area bathrooms by the gym area. I know a few folks who shower everyday in those bathroom after working out and then go to work.  No one has complained at all.  We also have a bottom basement floor with a washing machine room and water machine for those that want to avail there use.  The washing machine runs 20 baht to wash a load and the water machine is 1 baht per liter. We have a game room as well with seating where you can relax if you don't want to stay in your condo and it is air-conditioned as well. Some of those that have small units avail themselves of this area and work on there computers as many work from home. As I said before the condo management runs the building amazingly and twice a year we have a dinner owners meeting off site.  My water bill runs around 180 baht a month my power is measured by MEA and we are billed by MEA at the government rate and not by the condo juristic.  My Common Area Maintenance fees this year, which I payed in January for the Whole year were 85k Thb, my unit is 136 sqm, so it runs about 7k Thb per month or 52 baht per SqM.  The costs include the janitorial staff, the condo engineering folks, the security guards and then of course juristic management, and then the power and water in the common areas which includes the garages, elevators, pool and gym. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

41 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

No security ?

I can't even get to see my daughter at her condo without passing the guard, and her calling down to allow it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

It's a mute subject, since your "Juristic building manager" is allowing them to charge.

Options:

... bring it up at the next meeting

... MOVE or sell

Crying on the forum won't change anything.   

Naaah, you forgot option 3

........ Become a selfish miserable person like so many others, plug my EV's into the Condos common outlet and charge my EV's for others to pay. 

BTW, how did you know I was crying?

I'd much rather be crying on the forum's than to be a person who 

has not got enough money to pay for electricity to charge his Chinese EV scooter. 

Edited by Cricky