Where to buy a car for around 100k?

tomster

As per the title looking to buy a cheapish car for around 100k.

I've had bad experiences with 2 garages selling cars here in recent years - any leads on where to buy in this price range would be appreciated.

• Haha 1

I have a Honda Accord for sale in one weeks time, it is a three owner, first owner was Thai, second owner from Australia and I am from Australia, have all the log books and recites, nothing to be done could dive it to anywhere in Thailand and  back with no problem, inside is in great condition so it the outside, must be seen to appreciate it, will take 110.000 Baht for it, it maybe the best car for sale in Thailand for under 120,000 Baht contact me.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

You're in a 'chancy' market in that price range. Most will be Thai owned so not likely to have been well maintained.  I can't advise you on where to go other than Facebook Marketplace but what I would say is if you don't know anything about cars, take someone with you who does and be realistic in your expectations.

It is possible to find something reasonable within your budget but its unlikely to be a 'one owner, full service history motor' - go for condition rather than age. The old Honda mentioned above might be worth a look - I rented an old Accord last year and I was surprised at how well it drove - they also have a good level of equipment.

Remember, that secondhand prices in Thailand are likely to be much higher than your home country.  I've seen things that would normally be ready for the breakers in the UK on sale in Thailand for around your budget.

Edited by KhaoYai