Michael Knowles Says Transgenderism Must Be ‘Eradicated’ at CPAC

onthedarkside

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am not actually sure what the LGB and T communities have in common. The LGB all need reference to 2 genders in order to make sense.   T and the rest of the alphabet soup of identities are the opposite.  Just ask a lesbian if she were cool with dating a trans-woman who still had the man-bits attached and a lovely beard.  

As for Knowles, he wasnt being hateful. He WAS being provocative in the sense of "tired of the hypersexualization of society". In particular the normalizing of unhealthy and what he sees as deviant behaviors that should be treated as mental illness rather than accepted without comment.

No it’s not a mental problem.

The American Psychiatric Association has revised its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and it  no longer lists being transgender as a mental disorder, among other changes announced this past weekend.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry if I sound narrow minded, or old fashioned. But, any parent who condones and supports a child's desire for sex change procedures at 13 years old should be institutionalized. Who, at the age of 13 has the maturity to make such a monumental decision?

If you can't drink until you are 18, you should not be able to change your sex either. What is the big hurry, anyway? 

"They are literally chopping off the private parts of young kids."

image.png.28ceb57b4570fdd5d63d0167e1b1d05f.png

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/aug/10/ron-desantis/transition-related-surgery-limited-teens-not-young/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry if I sound narrow minded, or old fashioned. But, any parent who condones and supports a child's desire for sex change procedures at 13 years old should be institutionalized. Who, at the age of 13 has the maturity to make such a monumental decision?

If you can't drink until you are 18, you should not be able to change your sex either. What is the big hurry, anyway? 

That’s not old fashioned, it’s the view of the vast majority of people regardless of where they are in the political spectrum.

It’s also such a tiny minority case that it is not in anyway representative of transgender issues.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The Ultra Maga party..."

Doesn't exist.

"They are passing vicious anti LGBT laws..."

Such as?  Specifically.

Maybe you lack understanding of the US system.

Elected members of the GOP have stated they wish to be referred to as ‘Ultra MAGA’.

https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, proton said:

why is anything the lefties disagree with these days described a hate speech?

In fairness to Lefties, it's not all of them.

In my experience it tends to be American, White, (mainly but not exclusively Non-Hetero) Liberals who are so quick to label anyone who disagrees with them as fascists, Nazis etc. It's all a bit overly dramatic and best ignored, although ignoring it is becoming increasingly difficult since they love to focus on what makes them so "special" rather than what we all have in common.

Michael Knowles in wrong in this case. It should not be eradicated, but it would be helpful to all concerned if people focused on more important things and we all just got on with our lives.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

In my experience it tends to be American, White, (mainly but not exclusively Non-Hetero) Liberals who are so quick to label anyone who disagrees with them as fascists, Nazis etc. It's all a bit overly dramatic and best ignored, although ignoring it is becoming increasingly difficult since they love to focus on what makes them so "special" rather than what we all have in common.

Michael Knowles in wrong in this case. It should not be eradicated, but it would be helpful to all concerned if people focused on more important things and we all just got on with our lives.   

In fairness to your ‘American, White, (mainly but not exclusively Non-Hetero) Liberals’, there are recognizable political maneuvers that are characteristic of fascism and Nazism:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rsc/Editorials/fascism.html

There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling these out when they appear in  political speeches at national political conferences.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see it as a reaction to the LG etc community shoving it into people's faces and "annoying" ( being polite ) them.

Actually in the UK we quite like it being "shoved in our faces" - these posters are all over the underground.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if a group of drag artists in Tennessee decided to put on a traditional British christmas pantomime...

mother goose.jpeg

Edited by SatEng

2 minutes ago, SatEng said:

Actually in the UK we quite like it being "shoved in our faces" - these posters are all over the underground.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if a group of drag artists in Tennessee decided to put on a traditional British christmas pantomime...

mother goose.jpeg

They’d have a moral outrage fuzzy fit  when the audience starts shouting ‘behind you’.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

While it is uncommon for kids to have part chopped off, the hormone therapy is quite a drastic move. 

Over the last five years, there were at least 4,780 adolescents who started on puberty blockers and had a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis.

This tally and others in the Komodo analysis are likely an undercount because they didn’t include treatment that wasn’t covered by insurance and were limited to pediatric patients with a gender dysphoria diagnosis. Practitioners may not log this diagnosis when prescribing treatment.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

While it may be hard for a conservative mind to consider, the vast majority of American dems are centrist, and do not relate to the extreme left, nor to the extreme right. I am one of them. As a dem I support the death penalty, when there are eye witnesses, or conclusive evidence, and I do not support abortion after the first trimester. Make up your mind. You want the kid, or not? 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I believe it is time for Life of Brian again, but unfortunate very few get it! Even 40 years later

Seems many are humour bereft.

Anyone with a brain cell can see it's NOT about Jesus ( who does feature briefly, but from a distance ), but about Brian- it even says Brian in the title.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone with a brain cell can see it's NOT about Jesus ( who does feature briefly, but from a distance ), but about Brian- it even says Brian in the title.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems many don't understand that the Life of Brian wouldn't have worked as humour or anything else for that matter if there hadn't been a Jesus for us to reference in the first place.

On the other hand, your comment that "it even says Brian in the first place" is in itself worth a laugh.

Edited by placeholder

59 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

While it is uncommon for kids to have part chopped off, the hormone therapy is quite a drastic move. 

Over the last five years, there were at least 4,780 adolescents who started on puberty blockers and had a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis.

This tally and others in the Komodo analysis are likely an undercount because they didn’t include treatment that wasn’t covered by insurance and were limited to pediatric patients with a gender dysphoria diagnosis. Practitioners may not log this diagnosis when prescribing treatment.

You've had experience in dealing with these children. From the article you linked to: 

"Without puberty blockers, such physical changes can cause severe distress in many transgender children."

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There’s something else interesting going on.

Puberty suppression drugs are becoming more widely prescribed as the onset of puberty in both boys and girls has become significantly earlier in a what is historically very short period of time.

There are also significant differences in hight gain, visible here in Thailand were teenagers are commonly head and shoulders taller than their parents, a generational change.

These are society wide changes across multiple populations and epidemiology 101; when society wide health changes are seen, look for society wide causes.

I wonder if the dysmorphia and other related psychological difficulties children are increasingly exhibiting are anything to do with this generational change in children developing adult bodies way earlier than brain and emotional development?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Of topic,

My step-daughter is one of those.

I put it down to the high protein diet that western people eat Vs the rice with flavouring that Thai people traditionally ate. Unlimited access to fish/meat/milk makes a lot of difference to a growing child.

Obviously the western diet is spreading to the Thai people and their children.

But also, modern food production includes the widespread use of growth hormones that accelerate the maturing of live stock used in the food chain.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

That is true,i've seen chickens grow to the size of a basketball in a day only to have a heart attack and die.

Didn't see any turn transgender though.

Putting aside your wit, it is entirely logical that growth hormones fed to the food people eat wind up in people.

The accelerated physical maturing of children is a fact.

Physical maturity and brain/emotional maturity are not the same thing.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Putting aside your wit, it is entirely logical that growth hormones fed to the food people eat wind up in people.

The accelerated physical maturing of children is a fact.

Physical maturity and brain/emotional maturity are not the same thing.

The only thing i could put it down to is not enough sleep.

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Could you share with us the links to the poll you took to confirm this? I'm sure you wouldn't be making stuff up just out of political bias.

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The Ultra Maga party..."

Doesn't exist.

"They are passing vicious anti LGBT laws..."

Such as?  Specifically.

Maybe you lack understanding of the US system.

Expand  

Elected members of the GOP have stated they wish to be referred to as ‘Ultra MAGA’.

https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights

Which "elected members" of the GOP have stated that they wish to be referred to as "Ultra MAGA"?  That requires names.

Your link does not confirm that there is any attempt to "erase LGBT people" nor does it corroborate Jingthing's claim that there are "vicious" governmental actions against them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

May be different if you looked at frogs:

FROGS CHANGE SEX EVEN IN NATURAL SETTINGS

https://wildlife.org/frogs-change-sex-even-in-natural-settings/

I think your scraping the barrel there Brian.

What can i say,i agree with the OP.

But please don't assume i spend my days and nights riding around on the back of a pickup with a baseball bat.