US Capitol Police chief rips into Tucker Carlson over ‘offensive’ use of January 6 footage

Scott

image.png

US Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger on Tuesday ripped into Fox News host Tucker Carlson over his commentary about footage from the January 6, 2021, insurrection that he aired Monday night, saying the host “cherry-picked” from the footage to present “offensive” and “misleading” conclusions about the attack.

“Last night an opinion program aired commentary that was filled with offensive and misleading conclusions about the January 6 attack,” Manger wrote in an internal department memo obtained by CNN, adding that Carlson’s show didn’t reach out to the police department “to provide accurate context.”

“The program conveniently cherry-picked from the calmer moments of our 41,000 hours of video.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/politics/capitol-police-tucker-carlson-january-6-footage/index.html

CNN.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This is analogous to there being 2 videos of a murder. One shows the murderer committing homicide and the other shows them leaving the building where  the murder was committed. And then claiming that because the latter video doesn't show any murder being committed, therefore no murder was committed and the suspect isn't a murderer..

Maybe we should put Columbo one the job?

That people take anything as factual, that comes from your gov't or media sources is all a bit telling, and explains a lot.

Move on to something you actually know the facts about.  That won't be coming from your govt or media.

That is a FACT ... ????

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What ever we do watch would give us a better insight to what really happen on that day. Right Nancy!

Nancy?im not sure I understand if you are comparing to the ex speaker Nancy Pelosi I’d be complemented if it’s some kind of slur on my masculinity I’d be offended and also amused because I’m quite secure in that regard 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

That you believe that's a FACT, tells us all we need to know about your criteria for ascertaining truth.

Ascertaining or understanding.   I know what I know, not what people, govt or media tells me.   I can sort the difference.

Obviously from the discussions, most can not.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1