US Capitol Police chief rips into Tucker Carlson over ‘offensive’ use of January 6 footage

Scott

33 minutes ago, riclag said:

In all seriousness,It was meant to be a peaceful protest while a small minority of 100k  turned hooligan and rioted .I want to see all of the facts before making a judgement decision.
Many of the hooligans weren’t convicted of insurrection , like Chantley. I like to see footage thats never been shown before , like so many others!

There's over 40,000 hours you haven't seen. You really want to see all of that?

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Credo said:

It wasn't meant to be a peaceful protest.  Most likely, Trump didn't care what they did.  He certainly didn't take any action to prevent it being anything other than what it was -- a violent insurrection.  

You've seen all the facts.  I doubt you are waiting for anything other than something to convince you that it wasn't what it was, a violent attempt to overthrow an election.  The same thing you see in many 3rd world countries.   

You said most likely Trump didnt care. I seriously doubt that !

He said go and peacefully protest and he looked for support from the guard , someone who didnt care Imop wouldn’t bother!

Its very very difficult for conservatives to discuss their opinions on why a small fraction of protesters had their ,what I call a Summer of love riot mayhem moment at the Capitol that one day! Not saying it was condoned, please don’t misunderstand.

Having said that in all seriousness  watching Chantley  through this video only makes me curious if the judge had watched it too!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

He said go and peacefully protest and he looked for support from the guard , someone who didnt care Imop wouldn’t bother!

Its very very difficult for conservatives to discuss their opinions on why a small fraction of protesters had their ,what I call a Summer of love riot mayhem moment at the Capitol that one day! Not saying it was condoned, please don’t misunderstand.

Having said that in all seriousness  watching Chantley  through this video only makes me curious if the judge had watched it too!

Most likely he didn't watch it. Why would he? The videos that the judge said he would watch was the one that prosecutors claimed showed his criminal acts. You know, videos that has an actual bearing on the case.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Trump also told the mob to go to the Capitol and fight like hell.  He then watched what was happening on TV and did nothing to call of his mob until it was clear that they wouldn't succeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Not even a good try.  "Peaceful" was only used once.  The message "Fight like Hell" was used numerous times.  

Chansley knew that entering the building was illegal.  That's why he pled guilty.  Had he not, he faced a slew of charges.  If you look at pictures of him, he was armed with a spear, a violation that has been overlooked by many.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump also told the mob to go to the Capitol and fight like hell.  He then watched what was happening on TV and did nothing to call of his mob until it was clear that they wouldn't succeed.

What's worse for Trump, and this goes to the issue of consciousness of guilt, is that he lied about watching the invasiion of the Capitol on TV. Despite the fact that administration members in the White House testified that Trump was glued to the TV while it was going on. And that he repeatedly ignored pleas to authorize use of the National Guard.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

To be perfectly honest with you for the life of me I cannot understand how you can defend the indefensible it truly boggles my mind now to disagree on policy’s absolutely ???? by all means.to defend trump and what he created is tantamount to trying to destroy our democracy that goes beyond being just partisan 

• Like 2