Phron Penh royal thai embassy

4 minutes ago, Johan drc said:

Single entry(90 days) and requirements(800 000 in thai bank?)

Single entry Yes.

Here is link.

Don't think you need the 800k in bank.

However you would anyway for the 12 month extension.

You are aware that you can obtain non O retirement in Thailand from visa exempt entry.. 

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-visa-retirement?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Single entry Yes.

Here is link.

Don't think you need the 800k in bank.

However you would anyway for the 12 month extension.

You are aware that you can obtain non O retirement in Thailand from visa exempt entry.. 

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-visa-retirement?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

Thank you very much,this info is for a mate whom are arriving in 2 weeks,but allready booked his flight to phrom penh

My advise was multiple entry Savannakhet  or non o at immigration with extention of stay after

6 minutes ago, Johan drc said:

My advise was multiple entry Savannakhet  or non o at immigration with extention of stay after

Your advice was better than his plan. 

Don't think Savannakhet is currently doing the 12 month ME based on retirement.

Arriving in two weeks he could have entered visa exempt 45 days and obtained the non O retirement in Thailand. 

Is he planning on also obtaining the 12 month extension.

If just wanting the non O then perhaps the reason for obtaining it in PP. 

Edited by DrJack54

Required Documents

1. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
  2. Photograph (size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) taken within the last 6 months
  3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months) and a copy of the passport (Please note that the applicant must be at least 50 years of age and no longer employed.)
  4. Financial evidence of at least 800,000 Thai Baht or 65,000 Thai Baht per month in income or retirement funds (or equivalent in any currency)
  5. Other documents as may be requested by the consular officer

As @DrJack54has recommended, best option is to come to Thailand & do an in-country conversion (23K for an agent to get your Non-Imm O 90 days + 12 month extension, so you're good for 15 months) 

6 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Required Documents

1. Visa application form completely filled out and signed
  2. Photograph (size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) taken within the last 6 months
  3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months) and a copy of the passport (Please note that the applicant must be at least 50 years of age and no longer employed.)
  4. Financial evidence of at least 800,000 Thai Baht or 65,000 Thai Baht per month in income or retirement funds (or equivalent in any currency)
  5. Other documents as may be requested by the consular officer

As @DrJack54has recommended, best option is to come to Thailand & do an in-country conversion (23K for an agent to get your Non-Imm O 90 days + 12 month extension, so you're good for 15 months) 

Hi Mike

So 800 000baht will be a requirement?

Do you know if Savannakhet has same requirement and if they non o retirement ME?

1 hour ago, Johan drc said:

Hi Mike

So 800 000baht will be a requirement?

Do you know if Savannakhet has same requirement and if they non o retirement ME?

I can only share what it says on their website as I got my Non-Imm O in Penang (where I did need the 800K in the bank + I took certified income statements just in case), unfortunately somebody mentioned that Penang is no longer an option ???? 

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original and a copy of passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank Statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. A pension letter or a prove of retirement issued by the applicant's Embassy/Consulate 
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visa-retirement-in-thailand?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

If I were doing it today I would come on a Visa Exempt & get an agent to do the Non-Imm O + 12 month extension (In Pattaya, Maneerat will do this for 23K for you & it includes 1st year's 90 day reports). 

Laos,the 800,000 needs be in  Thai Bank
Cambodia, can be the equivalent of 800,000 in any bank anywhere 

An agent in PP will handle it for $100

$80 if you go direct to embassy

On 3/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, Mike Teavee said:

A pension letter or a prove of retirement issued by the applicant's Embassy/Consulate 

Is Savannakhet actually enforcing this, or are they flexible with some form of income documentation?