Bangkok air quality falls below safety standard on Wednesday

snoop1130

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I do blame them. And I blame the administration for not providing alternatives. And I blame the sugar processors for buying burned cane. There is alot of blame to go around here. The air apocalypse we are witnessing is not being created in a vacuum, and the wildfires (blame game) are likely only a small part of the current issue. 

Well, instead of blaming everyone, putting them in jail for twenty years and confiscating their land, how's about coming up with positive viable solutions that both government and growers can adopt. Whilst you're at it, why don't you figure out who is going to supply most of the worlds sugar that you suddenly wiped out along with all the allied industries. You have unrealistic and impracticable expectations and recommendations, you're just not being a realist at all.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It's never that poorly down here. Bangkok is always worse and why we stay here now more often than the condo in Sathorn.

as Pattaya is mentioned, right now BKK is 153 and Pats is 155.

People may rail about motor vehicle pollution and how that needs to be cracked down on, but look at 2.5 map of Thailand: autos are just light frosting on the cake. Field burnings, here and neighboring countries are the culprits. Officials may rail about vehicles, but that is just a bit of "look over there!" distraction

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I know, and it definitely sucks. Last year and the year before and during covid down here it was decent air. Guess with everything back in full swing everyone is burning.  

The coast is looking a whole lot better than BKK right now, according to the aqicn.org site I use as my primary. In general, I would expect the sea breezes to help disperse the gunk:

Bangkok:

Screenshot_1.jpg.366321b4c1f00cf0b2790f04bacfe1c0.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.f34ca9ce59de212bd67f24dbf58ce38d.jpg

https://aqicn.org/city/thailand/prachuap-khiri-khan/gaia-10/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Well, instead of blaming everyone, putting them in jail for twenty years and confiscating their land, how's about coming up with positive viable solutions that both government and growers can adopt. Whilst you're at it, why don't you figure out who is going to supply most of the worlds sugar that you suddenly wiped out along with all the allied industries. You have unrealistic and impracticable expectations and recommendations, you're just not being a realist at all.

But, being a realist is no fun at all. 

• Haha 1