Over 1.3 Million Air-Pollution Cases So Far This Year

webfact

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Came to this site to see what retirement in Thailand might be like. Hmmmm. Stories like this do not have me packing my bags. 

If you can afford to buy an air purifier and stay a few days or maybe a month or maybe same time two month period in your house waiting for the winds to change, you don't run any health risks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Came to this site to see what retirement in Thailand might be like. Hmmmm. Stories like this do not have me packing my bags. 

I agree. I'm sat at home with two air purifiers running and the pollution reading is very low. I bought an air purifier for the truck cab and it works well. I expect about six weeks of this, that's a small price to pay for the rest of the year.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Pop up to Hanoi.........its horrendous.

Lol!! , you pick out one spot in the whole country. Both Hanoi and Sai Gon could be much better,  but most of Viet Nam has very good air quality.   Thailand with a few exceptions is un breathable.

Edited by BayArea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayArea said:

Lol!! , you pick out one spot in the whole country. Both Hanoi and Sai Gon could be much better,  but most of Viet Nam has very good air quality.   Thailand with a few exceptions is un breathable.

LOL, did I say the rest of the country was horrendous? No, I pointed out 1 city was. duh...............

7 hours ago, sungod said:

I have spent much time on the eastern side of Vietnam, the air is by far some of the cleanest in SEA.

Saigon is horrible like a swamp filled with the exhaust of their millions of unregulated motorcycles. 
Got bronchitis there 2 weeks ago, still coughing.

4 hours ago, BayArea said:

Prevailing westerly winds bring the fresh air from The South China Sea..  Thailand gets the burning smoke from Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

image.png.a6c65055d869cfb25bdb67b7eb2a12b9.png

I don't understand why you posted that because it doesn't support your point that, "Some parts of Thailand, mainly the south. The rest of the country is choking on its own pollution". In fact, it appears to support the opposite. The South appears fairly free of hotspots whilst Thailand appears to be surrounded by a high volume of hot spots in niegbouring countries.

1 minute ago, KireB said:

What is the meaning of this map?

Er, it's windy.com, it shows wind currents in the region, you know, air flows, blowy stuff, surely you've heard of it before! If you look closely you can see little pointy arrows showing wind directions. Come back to me if you're still struggling with this, no better still, don't.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:23 AM, nigelforbes said:

Not so:

1387524806_Screenshot(77).png.0ab2bb206dc2a8b321b79375c73b4da0.png

windy.com

Surat Thani city is pretty bad and surrounding areas: 134 orange warning.  It's certainly bad enough to cause health issues. Still, if the map says it's fine!????

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1