A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans view the term as a positive, USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds

Scott

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have a like to the survey? 

If you meant ‘do you have a link to the survey’: if you had bothered to click on the link in the OP:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-war-woke-most-americans-100008176.html

And then in that article click on the link for the survey:

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/americans-divided-whether-woke-compliment-or-insult

Not too difficult, is it?

3 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

If you meant ‘do you have a link to the survey’: if you had bothered to click on the link in the OP:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-war-woke-most-americans-100008176.html

And then in that article click on the link for the survey:

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/americans-divided-whether-woke-compliment-or-insult

Not too difficult, is it?

Thanks. From the study: 

woke.jpg.2d93e19040ae0a02409681d3032a932a.jpg

So clearly more people view it as an insult than a complement, yet the headline claims the opposite. 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Thanks. From the study: 

woke.jpg.2d93e19040ae0a02409681d3032a932a.jpg

So clearly more people view it as an insult than a complement, yet the headline claims the opposite. 

Fifty-six percent of Americans say “wokeness” encompasses being informed, educated on, and aware of social injustices. In contrast, two in five (39%) say “wokeness” involves being overly politically correct and policing others’ words.

You missed that bit............

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Fifty-six percent of Americans say “wokeness” encompasses being informed, educated on, and aware of social injustices. In contrast, two in five (39%) say “wokeness” involves being overly politically correct and policing others’ words.

You missed that bit............

Not at all. How do you square that more people view it as an insult than a compliment? 

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How I view 'woke'

Like every other totalitarian movement, what some call liberalism and others more recently often describe as Cultural Marxism has developed an ideology which its adherents use to justify the imposition of tyranny on the society they seek to overtake. The ideology of America’s contemporary totalitarian left can be called wokeism.

The four intellectual pillars of wokeism are:

1. Anti-white racism disguised under the euphemism social justice.

2. Rejection of traditional morality, which is primarily carried out by the promotion of sexually deviant lifestyles such as homosexuality and transgender. In a truly surreal inversion of reality, they paint traditional morality as immoral by charging it with being homophobic, transphobic, and similar terms.

3. Environmentalism based on the notion that it is desirable and possible to arrest climate change.

4. Intense hostility toward Christian religion, which they negatively paint as patriarchal, intolerant, and oppressive.

4. is a bit of an odd one, 'cos the wokes love Islam even though it's more extreme and way more homophobic and anti-women's rights than Christianity.

Taken from the Knights Templar Order site as a different poster pointed out last time you pulled out this quote. Should acknowledge they are not your words though.  

29 minutes ago, proton said:

From Yahoo the most laughably woke news source on the web!

What's telling about the whole thing is that if the leftists at yahoo and US New actually believed the right coming out against the woke idiocy was hurting Republicans, they never would have run the headline. 

The headline would have been: "More Americans View Woke as an Insult than as a Complement."

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve provided a link listing Abortion laws by state, many of which ban all abortions including in cases of rape and in others in cases of incest.

Others can read the link and avoid having to put up with your arguments based on semantics.

Girls raped by their fathers, step fathers, uncles or brothers denied access to abortion.

Get behind defending that obscenity why don’t you.

To view the article I would have to give the leftists at the Times money, which they would use to have more leftists generate more leftist propaganda. 

In any evert, even if what you say is true, Americans still have access to free abortions in states that promote them.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I like your opinion so much .

I had to look up the meaning .I found one site , urban dictionary  that describes it basically started out as a social justice euphemism and then it was recklessly taken over to assert they have a moral high ground and their opinion  is correct while rejecting any criticism !

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Woke

When was the last time you saw a left winger accuse someone of being "non woke"? I have never seen it. Uneducated ignorant maybe but not "non-woke".

I am not American but in general I like the DEMs more than the GOP. Or to be more precise I don't like most of the GOP.

But with all those woke things going on I would consider voting for the GOP because they are anti-woke.

I.e. "What is a woman?" It seems many (most?) DEMs have a problem with that question.

And when Biden looked for a VP and it seems the most important conditions were: it must be a woman and she must be black. That excludes about 95% of possible candidates. Does that make sense?

Obviously there are lots of black smart women out there. But there are also lots of white smart men and women out there. Why concentrate on 5% of the possible candidates for such an important job?

And then the woke movement (or is it only part of it?) just doesn't make much sense. Like equality of all possible groups. Like there must be proportionally the same amount of people from all groups in all positions. White, black, male, female, LGBTQ, etc. Maybe next same ratios for tall and short people. And fat and slim people, different religions, and and and. It's crazy. It should be about qualifications and not belonging to one or the other group.

So maybe the American DEMs should think again about how woke they want to be. Before more and more people won't vote for them because they are too crazy woke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not American but in general I like the DEMs more than the GOP. Or to be more precise I don't like most of the GOP.

But with all those woke things going on I would consider voting for the GOP because they are anti-woke.

I.e. "What is a woman?" It seems many (most?) DEMs have a problem with that question.

And when Biden looked for a VP and it seems the most important conditions were: it must be a woman and she must be black. That excludes about 95% of possible candidates. Does that make sense?

Obviously there are lots of black smart women out there. But there are also lots of white smart men and women out there. Why concentrate on 5% of the possible candidates for such an important job?

And then the woke movement (or is it only part of it?) just doesn't make much sense. Like equality of all possible groups. Like there must be proportionally the same amount of people from all groups in all positions. White, black, male, female, LGBTQ, etc. Maybe next same ratios for tall and short people. And fat and slim people, different religions, and and and. It's crazy. It should be about qualifications and not belonging to one or the other group.

So maybe the American DEMs should think again about how woke they want to be. Before more and more people won't vote for them because they are too crazy woke.

The problem was a politican throwing red meat to the base by challenging a supreme court justice to "define" a woman. Dumb as dumb gets. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2023 at 4:30 PM, Scott said:

Overall, 39% say instead that the word reflects what has become the GOP political definition, "to be overly politically correct and police others' words."

I can be included in the 39%. IMO it's used now to mock the radical left and their druthers.

• Love It 1

21 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The problem was a politican throwing red meat to the base by challenging a supreme court justice to "define" a woman. Dumb as dumb gets. 

Of course, asking the question is a problem, not being able to answer it is fine. 

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I'll define ....

Woman has a vagina (and no penis)

Man has a penis (and no vagina)

So as an accepting kind of person I'll accept surgical interventions in my definition, but not cross-dressing which IMHO may be acceptable to society, but is not acceptable for use of schools/toilets/sports/prisons/etc.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I'll define ....

Woman has a vagina (and no penis)

Man has a penis (and no vagina)

So as an accepting kind of person I'll accept surgical interventions in my definition, but not cross-dressing which IMHO may be acceptable to society, but not acceptable for use of toilets/sports/prisons/etc.

Which one is Sam Smith? He identifies as non binary. Do you have the slightest clue what non binary in agender sense means?

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Which one is Sam Smith? He identifies as non binary. Do you have the slightest clue what non binary in agender sense means?

I'd class him as mentally ill and get him some medical help.

I assume he has a penis and no vagina, so therefore would be a man.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd class him as mentally ill and get him some medical help.

I assume he has a penis and no vagina, so therefore would be a man.

You assume?  Scientifically ignorant but you'll offer your opinion anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1