A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans view the term as a positive, USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds

Scott

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trans men sometimes can.

What? They can explain? I'd love to hear it. I'd be especially interested to know that when a man gives birth, how does it come out?

Edited by AndyFoxy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This may explain it for him:

Is it possible?

Yes, it’s possible for men to become pregnant and give birth to children of their own. In fact, it’s probably a lot more common than you might think. In order to explain, we’ll need to break down some common misconceptions about how we understand the term “man.” Not all people who were assigned male at birth (AMAB) identify as men. Those who do are “cisgender” men. Conversely, some people who were assigned female at birth (AFAB) identify as men. These folks may be “transgender” men or transmasculine people.

https://www.healthline.com/health/transgender/can-men-get-pregnant

Sorry, men can’t have vaginas. If they are born with a penis, regardless of whether they think they are a man or not, they are still a man. You may think that isn’t true, up to you. 

• Love It 2

6 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Sorry, men can’t have vaginas. If they are born with a penis, regardless of whether they think they are a man or not, they are still a man. You may think that isn’t true, up to you. 

I'm not sure what your sorry about? I never claimed they could, "transgender men can", you may want to read the article properly, it does talk about that.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Is it possible?

Yes, it’s possible for men to become pregnant and give birth to children of their own. In fact, it’s probably a lot more common than you might think. In order to explain, we’ll need to break down some common misconceptions about how we understand the term “man.” Not all people who were assigned male at birth (AMAB) identify as men. Those who do are “cisgender” men. Conversely, some people who were assigned female at birth (AFAB) identify as men. These folks may be “transgender” men or transmasculine people.

The truly frightening thing is people actually believe this. 

24 minutes ago, Slip said:

What does it have to do with you?  We get it, you're a bigot, but even as a bigot, why do you think anyone cares what you think?

Woke is to kind a word for one who believes a man can get pregnant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The truly frightening thing is people actually believe this. 

Believe what exactly, if you're referring to the article it confirms that a "man" cannot have a baby. I believe that do you not?

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Believe what exactly, if you're referring to the article it confirms that a "man" cannot have a baby. I believe that do you not?

This anti-woke obsession is Putinesque. Just as Putin hopes to erase the nation of Ukraine and Ukrainian nationality identity (impossible), the anti-woke neofascists hope to erase acknowledgement of the very existence of transgender men and women. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This anti-woke obsession is Putinesque. Just as Putin hopes to erase the nation of Ukraine and Ukrainian nationality identity (impossible), the anti-woke neofascists hope to erase acknowledgement of the very existence of transgender men and women. 

Well you can thank your lucky stars i'm not in charge.

hahahahaha,what do you expect from a poll done by the woke left, another heap of BS from the same people that are destroying the US with all ther BS policies, the greater number of US citizens know that the woke brigade are destroying not fixing anything, has nothing to do with who you vote for but what happens in your daily lives.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The "anti woke neofascists" aren't trying to erase the existence of transgenders , we just want them to use toilets depending on their genitals 

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Is it possible?

Saying 'it’s possible for men to become pregnant', and coming up with a new definition of man,  is in my mind deliberately provocative and shows why people regale against what they consider wokeness. Let's not muck around - it is not clear that genetic women, who consider themselves 'cisgender men' are any different to other woman except they have a preference to live their life a certain way and identify as men. Science may show different in the future.

So can we please use terminology that doesn't alienate people. Democrats have enough problem as it is. How about we say that people can live how they like, and should be allowed to dress how they like and should not be harrassed or have to experience prejudice. Other people do not have to feel like they are wrong if they do not necessarily accept that a biological woman is a man and that therefore by definition men can be pregnant and have babies.  

People on both sides of the debate should be sensible and respectful when it comes to particular situations like the use of toilets. 

If you consider I have simplified things too much that's on you for quoting the article as you did. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

How about we say that people can live how they like, and should be allowed to dress how they like and should not be harrassed or have to experience prejudice. Other people do not have to feel like they are wrong if they do not necessarily accept that a biological woman is a man and that therefore by definition men can be pregnant and have babies.  

People on both sides of the debate should be sensible and respectful when it comes to particular situations like the use of toilets. 

Personally I'm happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1