A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans view the term as a positive, USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds

Scott

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They can't define it but they know what they hate and they hate an awful lot. 

Thanks for that Vice News video, that is honestly the first time I've heard "wokery" used. Did I spell that correctly?

And evidently "woke" has financial ramifications.

In an odd twist, Sen. Hawley R MO, says that Silicon Valley Bank was "too woke to fail". Meaning, I guess, that the bank was too woke, it failed because it was "woke", and only woke banks get "rescued", and maybe all banks should not be rescued, woke or not? Or maybe only un-woke (is that a word?) banks should be rescued?

Understanding "woke" is a lot more challenging than pronouns, those two, three and four letter words we learned in grade school.

Josh Hawley labels Silicon Valley Bank 'too woke to fail'

Some Republicans have claimed the bank went down because it was too focused on "woke" policies. But the GOP senator insists those policies are actually the reason it was protected.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/josh-hawley-labels-silicon-valley-bank-woke-fail-rcna75351

• Like 1

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

Use some words anyway--what does it refer to?

He did. I think.

He said it's a shorthand word used to "mock the left".

So it's not a "thing". It's an ephemeral "thought" used to express dissatisfaction with something the speaker finds scary and overwhelming.

Defining it would limit its universal usage now enjoyed by the right.

The use of this word appears to say more about the speaker than the intended target.

That said, it won't resonate with a majority of the U.S. population.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think the ignorance of so many of the right wing's rank and file is best exemplified by that famous sign a tea party supporter brandished: "Keep your government's hands off my Medicare"

Pales in comparison when folks don't know definition of a woman. Men can get pregnant is another.

• Love It 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Pales in comparison when folks don't know definition of a woman. Men can get pregnant is another.

Thanksf for echoing how right wing politicians play to emotional issues to distract voters from the fact that when it comes to money, it's the wealthy whose interests are dearest to their hearts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanksf for echoing how right wing politicians play to emotional issues to distract voters from the fact that when it comes to money, it's the wealthy whose interests are dearest to their hearts. 

Can men become pregnant?  How has this become questionable?

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Can men become pregnant?  How has this become questionable?

You're just further proving my point. When it comes to the money, we know whose interests right wing politicians are out to protect. Whether they're in the MAGA camp or not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're just further proving my point. When it comes to the money, we know whose interests right wing politicians are out to protect. Whether they're in the MAGA camp or not.

And you further my point by not being able to answer a simple question.

Money is good, that's why they call it money. Both sides love it.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Ya really think that was it? Honestly? Maybe just not taking the bait? 

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So imagine you're hiring for a new position and a male candidate arrives 5 min late for interview sporting a shaved head, bright red lip stick, mustache and piercings and one who uses a pronoun other than he or him. Well before the insanity was norm this candidate would never have been considered. But now this clown looking guy gets the job, I'm referring to Sam Brinton, one of biden's stars.

Now, please explain how this is positive.

I wouldn't hire someone who is that mentally ill. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So you don't have a clue about what transgenderism is huh.

I do actually. You never learnt that men can’t get pregnant? You possibly think your father gave birth to you?

Edited by AndyFoxy
  • Love It 1