A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans view the term as a positive, USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds

Scott

image.png

Republican presidential hopefuls are vowing to wage a war on "woke," but a new USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds a majority of Americans are inclined to see the word as a positive attribute, not a negative one.

Fifty-six percent of those surveyed say the term means "to be informed, educated on, and aware of social injustices." That includes not only three-fourths of Democrats but also more than a third of Republicans.

Overall, 39% say instead that the word reflects what has become the GOP political definition, "to be overly politically correct and police others' words."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-war-woke-most-americans-100008176.html

Just now, Bluetongue said:

I like it when someone lays out an argument sensibly, whether I disagree or not, and that is then followed by people who clearly disagree but cannot lay out logically and sensibly why. Their response is to play the insult card, and thus lose the debate to any reader that is undecided. But their sense of having won the debate still exists, that is woke. Of course nothing will stop "woke", demographics and the great dumbing will see to that.

His problem is that the member in question rarely (I'm being generous) provides links to back up his arguments. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1