100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A person using an agent for a reason to obtain the visa or extension when not meeting the requirements may not be prosecuted but the visa or extension will be voided and the foreigner asked to leave the country. The agent on the other hand as well as the IO could be charged and prosecuted and then fined.

I think it's unlikely that existing visas would be voided. If they did decide to stop this practice, it would probably be effective with no retroactive effect. A precedent that comes to mind is the use of nominee shareholders, which at one time was widespread for foreigners starting companies. After the 2014 coup, they just stopped doing it, but those who had used these means previously did not get into trouble, at least not to my knowledge.

8 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The case could legitimately be argued before a court, possibly through class actions. An absolute mess, with lots of international coverage which would not be very favorable for Thailand.

Do you think foreign embassies will want to help those kicked out the country for bribing Immigration officers?

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 7:51 AM, NONG CHOK said:

Who cares what Big Joke does as long as he leaves Pattaya alone.

He probably looked at Pattaya and realized that with the penchant for copying every document three times here it'd be 300,000 pages of evidence in 120 boxes and who needs that?

And you guys thought all of those copies were pointless.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Along with idiotic posts that generalize that all agents and users are performing serious crimes all the time!

Since the authorities struggle to supply the facilities and present a plethora of contradictory requirements and complexities and officers who themselves do not understand them, and offices where applicants are often handled in a rude off hand way,  agents have become a necessity. I see no problem paying someone to do the legwork.....and hopefully getting it right. 

Think the point is and commented on by many is that using an agent to bride imm for those who don't comply with the financial requirements is a crime. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

When you consider the fact that it is unlikely any of them will ever see the inside of a jail call, it seems like an awful lot of effort, to pull off this public charade. But, that is who and what the big joke is all about. PR deception. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1

I notice Khon Kaen is on the list. I live in Mahasarakham which now has its own office, which isn't mentioned, but for many years I had to go to Khon Kaen. I never bribed anyone but it was always mentioned as a place where it was possible. It was always a miserable place, then one time everyone seemed happy there and I heard someone new was in charge. 

It looks as if, in that case at least, most of the staff weren't happy with the corruption and were glad when it had gone. 

My wife works in a government office and hates corruption as do her sister and friend who have both moved offices because of it. 

I see that Roi Et is also on the list. I'm there now as my wife works in Roi Et although not in immigration. It seems Mahasarakham is an oasis of righteousness between Khon Kaen and Roi Et. ????

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why is it those who does their own extensions, everything by the book wants so badly for the agent route to disappear. These expats that use agents to help bend the rules hurt no one. They can afford the agent, they don't live off any system, they bring the money they can afford into Thailand and live a good life. They don't feed off the system or you. It's nobody's business really. For those in danger of falling off the High Horse, you really should mind your own business.

But as said earlier corruption is like breathing in Thailand, everyone at some point partakes.

Probably the farangy's wiv Thai passports, strangely all called Jack.......????

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why is it those who does their own extensions, everything by the book wants so badly for the agent route to disappear. These expats that use agents to help bend the rules hurt no one. They can afford the agent, they don't live off any system, they bring the money they can afford into Thailand and live a good life. They don't feed off the system or you. It's nobody's business really. For those in danger of falling off the High Horse, you really should mind your own business.

But as said earlier corruption is like breathing in Thailand, everyone at some point partakes.

So to you corruption is OK and a needed part of society, and paying bribes to get away with something which is illegal should be accepted...glad to hear that because I know which side of law and order you now sit on.  Might as well condone a murderer who pays the family afterwards and is forgiven and never prosecuted.... nuff said. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Think the point is and commented on by many is that using an agent to bride imm for those who don't comply with the financial requirements is a crime. 

The comment I responded to made no such distinction, simply demonizing ALL that use agents. I felt the same wrt those that lied through their teeth to get a stat dec, or affidavit from their embassy. When Embassies withdrew that service, many Expats had only the dodgy agents route open to them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I notice Khon Kaen is on the list. I live in Mahasarakham which now has its own office, which isn't mentioned, but for many years I had to go to Khon Kaen. I never bribed anyone but it was always mentioned as a place where it was possible. It was always a miserable place, then one time everyone seemed happy there and I heard someone new was in charge. 

It looks as if, in that case at least, most of the staff weren't happy with the corruption and were glad when it had gone. 

My wife works in a government office and hates corruption as do her sister and friend who have both moved offices because of it. 

I see that Roi Et is also on the list. I'm there now as my wife works in Roi Et although not in immigration. It seems Mahasarakham is an oasis of righteousness between Khon Kaen and Roi Et. ????

Are there any immigration offices where bribes are not possible? Many even encourage them. On my last visit a very senior officer actually tried to refer me to an agent, who would accept the bribe on her behalf. 

The stink is nationwide. No amount of posturing by the Joke, changes anything. Same applies to the department he leads. The RTP. Does he not profit from all the nonsense? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, brianburi said:

Yes, you have said or posted enough.  Constant bleating about how others manage their visa's and extensions. Just stick to your LTR wealthy retiree gloating....pathetic Mr Thailand....

You sound a little upset that some folks think corruption is wrong and illegal....please explain why.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Are there any immigration offices where bribes are not possible? Many even encourage them. On my last visit a very senior officer actually tried to refer me to an agent, who would accept the bribe on her behalf. 

The stink is nationwide. No amount of posturing by the Joke, changes anything. Same applies to the department he leads. The RTP. Does he not profit from all the nonsense? 

I don't go looking to pay bribes so unless someone tries to offer the chance I probably wouldn't know. My wife would probably be the one they'd talk to. 

From experience with my wife and other government employees I'd say it wasn't everyone who is involved but there's little they can do to stop it as it invoices this higher up who are able to dismiss any claim.

It's certainly a problem here, not only down to the taking of bribes but just not doing the job they're paid to do. In the case of traffic police taking bribes is the way they are set up to avoid the government paying them properly. Having said that if the proper fines were paid to the government I wonder how much they'd get. 

So much being posted about "agents" and Immigration Offices along with the rights and wrongs - some good, many garbage! Let us not forget the possibility of dodgy dealings at Thai Embassies. The Thai Embassy in Vientiane (Laos) comes to mind. Several years ago (around 2010) I had to go for a visa extension in Vientiane and found a very long queue standing out in the excessive heat and humidity facing a long wait. Across the road was a line of white vans, some containing copying machines linked to shops by electricity cables, with Laos agents ready to process peoples passports. The agent took my passport, pp photo, and gave me a blank visa extension form to sign - he completed the rest of the form. The fee was 1,000 baht. I went to a hotel (owned by the agent's family) where I relaxed and enjoyed excellent food and beer along with many other foreigners on the same "deal". True to his word, the agent appeared at the hotel's reception at 11:00am the next day with all our passports duly stamped with our new visa extensions. No doubt this hassle free 1,000 baht arrangement no longer exists.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Never said corruption is a needed part of society. When I go get my Residence Cert for DL and car related transactions I pay 500thb, was 300. Heck 12 yrs ago in SK i was paying 1000 thb. Did or do I like it, course not. Go to the office to have land surveyed, good luck not paying to have it done before in timely fashion. And the list goes on and on.

Now here you have guys with their 30-40K monthly pension coming to Thailand, an agent helps facilitate their visa and extension. Where is the harm? They don't mooch off anyone or Thailand. They spend more than the average Thai does.

Then you compare these old guys to murderers, take a deep breath and relax. I'm headed to the beach for beers and ganja. mahalo 

I tend to agree. Not much harm. Immigration is so overly toxic here, it is a kind of sick justice that we can skirt their rules with a bribe. I have no issues with that. 

• Like 2