100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

Just now, Neeranam said:

Posts like this should be deleted immediately as it is suggesting that is someone uses an agent they are not guilty of a serious crime. 

You could be deported for corrupt activities, if your name is one of these boxes.

Do you think the agent is going to protect you?

I've heard of MANY officers being transferred, whereby losing a lot of money, including the millions they used to buy their positions. 

Agents are pondlife and use their 'connections' with police to protect themselves. 

Foreigners are perhaps the 'innocents' here and have been blacklisted and looks like many more are going to be.  

Posts like yours waste peoples time . Just the same rhetoric from you hoping to see a 100,000 expats expelled from the Thai economy for some dreamt up notion .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your having a laugh are you not?

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-police-round-foreigners-overstaying-visas-visa-bribe-ring-exposed-phuket/

Back in 2017 there were many folks under sudpicion for overstay and bribing officials. Never heard the finality of the investigation or how many arrests were made etc...

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-police-round-foreigners-overstaying-visas-visa-bribe-ring-exposed-phuket/

A related issue to the crackdown on foreigners on overstay, especially those considered wealthy or influential, is that some of them may be bribing police officers monthly to allow them to remain in the country without visas.

The crackdown has already begun in Phuket, where police are searching for 142 foreigners believed to be bribing various officials as much as THB100 million (US$3 million) per month over visa issues.

100 million divided by 142 is 704 thousand baht per person per month . Who is having the joke. They are big fish not your average foreigner using a agent.

Then you mention a case of foreigners with over stay  . That is not anything to do with a foreigner obtaining a years extension through a agent .

Please send a case where a foreigner has been convicted of using a agent to get a 12 month extension.

As I said , I have searched and found nothing.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Posts like this should be deleted immediately as it is suggesting that is someone uses an agent they are not guilty of a serious crime. 

You could be deported for corrupt activities, if your name is one of these boxes.

Do you think the agent is going to protect you?

I've heard of MANY officers being transferred, whereby losing a lot of money, including the millions they used to buy their positions. 

Agents are pondlife and use their 'connections' with police to protect themselves. 

Foreigners are perhaps the 'innocents' here and have been blacklisted and looks like many more are going to be.  

Looks like many more foreigners will be blacklisted?

Where does it say this is going happen?

I must of missed that part in the article.

16 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Looks like many more foreigners will be blacklisted?

Where does it say this is going happen?

I must of missed that part in the article.

Their names are in the boxes. 

Maybe not get deported, but are in for some unpleasantness. 

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Their names are in the boxes. 

Maybe not get deported, but are in for some unpleasantness. 

To illustrate the 'unpleasantness'  which they might be facing.

> If Immigration is very lenient - the minimum would be that they will have to leave Thailand asap (Immigration would in that case probably provide them with a 7-day permit to enable them to organize themselves and leave).  That is because their invalid Permit to stay makes it impossible for them to apply for a new Visa or extension (as they cannot meet the requirements for such new application), hence they have to leave Thailand in order to start from scratch again.  In that case a border-run would provide them with a Visa Exempt entry, and that VE Permit to stay would then allow them to apply again for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, but this time it has of course to be fully legit (with required funds in bank). 

The above would be the very minimum, but it is well possible that they would on top also have to pay a hefty fine for over-stay < all the time that they stayed in Thailand on that non-valid Visa/extension >.  And if Immigration really wants to set an 'example' deportation and a ban to enter Thailand for x years could be their fate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

> If Immigration is very lenient - the minimum would be that they will have to leave Thailand asap (Immigration would in that case probably provide them with a 7-day permit to enable them to organize themselves and leave).  That is because their invalid Permit to stay makes it impossible for them to apply for a new Visa or extension (as they cannot meet the requirements for such new application), hence they have to leave Thailand in order to start from scratch again.  In that case a border-run would provide them with a Visa Exempt entry, and that VE Permit to stay would then allow them to apply again for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa, but this time it has of course to be fully legit (with required funds in bank). 

The above would be the very minimum, but it is well possible that they would on top also have to pay a hefty fine for over-stay < all the time that they stayed in Thailand on that non-valid Visa/extension >.  And if Immigration really wants to set an 'example' deportation and a ban to enter Thailand for x years could be their fate.

I am sure we are all impressed with what we already know..:clap2:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I remember when I just could hand over the passport to the collector at my fav beach in Krabi, and get a new extension for 800 - 1200 baht when the bath was almost half of the price now. Good times it was, and sad it came to an end.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is Thailand in a nutshell…

CORRUPT Immigration officers (Thais)

COPRUPT Agents (also Thais)

Both have created a fake and unlawful system for personal gain. They might even have convinced many foreigners, it was all legal.

But who will end up getting “burnt” in the end?

Of course, the foreigners who came across this bunch of corrupt Thais. They will briefly suffer and feel the pain, until the system “resets” in a new corrupt way.

The true problem here is not the foreigners! It’s the forever corrupt Thais, who makes it all possible!

Welcome to Thailand!

Edited by khunpa
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Dream on, if you cant meet the requirements for legal stay, what do you call it, if you pay someone to fix it for you? 

I can and have paid to stay legally, But also used and hired agent to help me when I got my Thai-child visa…

Why? Well because my wife was bedridden and terminally ill and I also had to take care of our son.

Dealing with immigration was not really my  priority and the agents was a huge help for me/us as a family.

So there are situations were agents are a blessing and everything is still done 100% legal.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The fact that so many officials are involved in this corruption case, might also mean that nothing really will happen.

You only need a few News cases of farangs with e.g. children here, who suddenly are deported because they “believed” what the corrupt officials told them.

Would be bad media for Thailand and might stop any further actions taken.

After all nothing is worse here than “losing face”…

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

Just now, khunpa said:

I can and have paid to stay legally, But also used and hired agent to help me when I got my Thai-child visa…

Why? Well because my wife was bedridden and terminally ill and I also had to take care of our son.

Dealing with immigration was not really my  priority and the agents was a huge help for me/us as a family.

So there are situations were agents are a blessing and everything is still done 100% legal.

I do not bash agents, I bash those who use agents who pays corrupt emigration Officers because they do not meet the requirements for legal stay.

It can be me in the future, so therefore have to make sure I have enough assets to continue living legal in Thailand. 

Most of those who arrived here a decade or longer ago had a different reality than us who came 5-7 years ago. Everything was a walk in the park, our currency was stronger, and everything looked bright, now we facing the last loopholes disappearing, and the requirements tightens up as it rightly should.

• Like 2

If you've followed the news lately, you will know that Big Joke is after immigration officers who are suspected of involvement in issuing visas illegally to Chinese investors in so-called "grey businesses". He's tracking down criminals, especially Chinese ones. He doesn't care about the average farang on a family visa.

Relax and have a couple of Leos, nothing is going to happen, this is Thailand.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

If you've followed the news lately, you will know that Big Joke is after immigration officers who are suspected of involvement in issuing visas illegally to Chinese investors in so-called "grey businesses". He's tracking down criminals, especially Chinese ones. He doesn't care about the average farang on a family visa.

Relax and have a couple of Leos, nothing is going to happen, this is Thailand.

How do you know he does not care about farang involved in corruption as well, have you spoken to him recently?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, itsari said:

You mentioned that you seem to remember a case where a immigration officer was convicted . I have searched and unable to find the case . Perhaps you can help find it.

There have been internal bust of low level people freelancing - the airport stamps is an example. The only one I can remember where they were fired and I think prosecuted was the Malaysian border stamps racket in the early 2000's - 2005?. What happened here was that a terrorist wanted by the US - Habibe or something was found to have used this "service". I believe there was pressure/coercion from the US that forced the hand of the authorities. A number of IO's were fired - whether or not they were acting within the system is not certain, but they were using stamps that were not signed out to them on the date of the stamp. The "service" seemed not to have been reinstated. Everybody used The Wall as their agent for this.

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

There have been internal bust of low level people freelancing - the airport stamps is an example. The only one I can remember where they were fired and I think prosecuted was the Malaysian border stamps racket in the early 2000's - 2005?. What happened here was that a terrorist wanted by the US - Habibe or something was found to have used this "service". I believe there was pressure/coercion from the US that forced the hand of the authorities. A number of IO's were fired - whether or not they were acting within the system is not certain, but they were using stamps that were not signed out to them on the date of the stamp. The "service" seemed not to have been reinstated. Everybody used The Wall as their agent for this.

Interesting case you have mentioned . Thank you

Seems difficult to come up with a single agency , immigration officer case concerning help with the financial requirements.

One post was mentioning cases of  dodgy agencies using false  stamps in  passports. But not getting to the real question of convicting a agency, immigration deal on the financial requirements for a genuine visa stamp 

Another point worth mentioning is that, from a legal standpoint, the foreigners who used such agents for their visas are victims of the agency and immigration. These agencies don't explicitly mention that what they are doing is illegal, the foreigner (again, in legal terms) using this service is a victim of misrepresentation.

In the extremely unlikely event that this should happen, there is no legal way to prosecute an individual who was told everything was fine by the agent (so technically fleeced of 20k) with the complicity of immigration, to my knowledge they don't sign waivers in the event of prosecution. The individual is a victim and could technically sue agencies and the Thai corrupt institution as a whole. Again, very damaging for the country's image and a logistical, technical nightmare. Not gonna happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

If he goes down that path, there isn't an immigration office in the country that won't go down. This is the land of the corrupt, even in Hua Hin, the "city of no crimes", one immigration officer leaned across the desk and asked me if I needed "help" obtaining a visa a couple of years ago, when I hadn't asked for anything. No agents involved, direct offer from immigration, and I have heard such reports from several provinces.

If that did happen (foreigners deported and wide publication of the endemic corruption), it would be incredibly damaging for the country's image and a logistical nightmare.

Not gonna happen.

Not all offices are corrupt it's a myth that they are. If they were agents would not have to go up country to get extensions for people in other areas. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Another point worth mentioning is that, from a legal standpoint, the foreigners who used such agents for their visas are victims of the agency and immigration. These agencies don't explicitly mention that what they are doing is illegal, the foreigner (again, in legal terms) using this service is a victim of misrepresentation.

In the extremely unlikely event that this should happen, there is no legal way to prosecute an individual who was told everything was fine by the agent (so technically fleeced of 20k) with the complicity of immigration, to my knowledge they don't sign waivers in the event of prosecution. The individual is a victim and could technically sue agencies and the Thai corrupt institution as a whole. Again, very damaging for the country's image and a logistical, technical nightmare. Not gonna happen.

A person using an agent for a reason to obtain the visa or extension when not meeting the requirements may not be prosecuted but the visa or extension will be voided and the foreigner asked to leave the country. The agent on the other hand as well as the IO could be charged and prosecuted and then fined.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A person using an agent for a reason to obtain the visa or extension when not meeting the requirements may not be prosecuted but the visa or extension will be voided and the foreigner asked to leave the country. The agent on the other hand as well as the IO could be charged and prosecuted and then fined.

We will never know! 

26 minutes ago, proton said:

Not all offices are corrupt it's a myth that they are. If they were agents would not have to go up country to get extensions for people in other areas. 

Used to be that Buriram IO were their own agents. Dunno if still doing it but it wouldn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I do not bash agents, I bash those who use agents who pays corrupt emigration Officers because they do not meet the requirements for legal stay.

It can be me in the future, so therefore have to make sure I have enough assets to continue living legal in Thailand. 

Most of those who arrived here a decade or longer ago had a different reality than us who came 5-7 years ago. Everything was a walk in the park, our currency was stronger, and everything looked bright, now we facing the last loopholes disappearing, and the requirements tightens up as it rightly should.

Iast loopholes closing?

Nothing has changed.

No mention of anything changing either.

Some people on this forum seem to make things up in there head and run with it as of if it's facts.

Nothing is changing and if you think that there going to crackdown on these agents your delusional..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1