One Person Dead, One Seriously Injured After Three Vehicle Crash in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Pattaya – One person died while another person has sustained multiple serious injuries after a sedan collided with two motorbikes in the Pattaya area.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident on Saturday night (March 11th) at 11:50 P.M. in Soi Wat Boon Kanjanaram in Nongprue.

Emergency responders and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a damaged sedan and two damaged motorbikes on the road. The sedan driver Mr. Nawaphon Kongkajorn, 27, was at the scene uninjured waiting for police. Nearby rescue workers found the body of Mr. Makawan Puminthong, 19.

Another motorbike rider, Mr. Manop Nooieam, 44, sustained severe injuries. He was rushed to a local hospital.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/12/one-person-dead-one-seriously-injured-after-three-vehicle-crash-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Sad for yet another loss of life. 19 and everything a head of him. RIP.

Factors involved in causing this fatal scene? Speeding vehicles, no helmets, alcohol and heavily tinted windows? Whatever the cause, riding a motorcycle at night is a recipe for disaster as just too many things can go wrong. 

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

So many motor cycle riders with nothing inside the heads, on the roads all over Thailand.....!

A lad in the house opposite mine had half his face ripped off and was killed as he drove drunk to see his girlfriend and crashed into an electricity pole. The next day I saw his brother roar off on his own bike, wrong side of the road, no helmet. There is no helping these people. They don't have enough brain matter to survive. I have no idea why so many Thais are like that. With a reported 80% of the estimated 20-25,000 road deaths being motorbike riders, that is one hell of a problem. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Factors involved in causing this fatal scene? Speeding vehicles, no helmets, alcohol and heavily tinted windows? Whatever the cause, riding a motorcycle at night is a recipe for disaster as just too many things can go wrong. 

You forgot, Lack of  driver /rider training

Edited by actonion
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A lad in the house opposite mine had half his face ripped off and was killed as he drove drunk to see his girlfriend and crashed into an electricity pole. The next day I saw his brother roar off on his own bike, wrong side of the road, no helmet. There is no helping these people. They don't have enough brain matter to survive. I have no idea why so many Thais are like that. With a reported 80% of the estimated 20-25,000 road deaths being motorbike riders, that is one hell of a problem. 

Many Thai's believe that there is no way to avoid meeting your maker, and when it happens it was destined.  I tried telling this to former family members and they would always state "Why change what I am doing, It will not change the ending of my life"  but wait it gets better "I will just be reborn and get to do my life again"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Survival of the fittest... in nature the lesser gene-pool will fade away in time.

In Thailand they can breed them faster than they can lose them.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:25 AM, soi3eddie said:

Surely when a motorcycle driver takes the bulb out of the the rear light, making him invisible to other traffic.