Another Lazada game - but why?

Crossy

25 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Run the high risk of "charges" with DHL or any courier come to that.

The item in question is zero rated for duty, so (should be) just 7% VAT on CIF.

Provided the seller uses the correct HS code I've not had any issues with DHL "padding" the charges, of course the sellers also under-declare the value :whistling:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Do I just buy from AliExpress (for rather more $$$) and get it by the weekend via DHL I wonder?

No, Don't do DHL. Ali Express has a long delivery time , minimum 3 weeks up to sometimes 6 to 8 weeks.  I had one that was 90 days ,prepaid. laptop parts.

Edited by digger70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Ordered a pair of shoes a while ago. COD

Received the box and it was obvious there were no shoes in it so opened it up in front of the courier guy

Inside was a plastic bag with money inside which was the exact price of the shoes

So I paid the courier guy with the money I had set aside for the order and took the money from the box

Instead of just cancelling the order the seller had

Used this trick to show that the order had been delivered 

Needless to say he got a negative review for wasting my time 

I have experienced that too, once.

47 minutes ago, rwill said:

One thing that has been happening to me recently is companies shipping from China sending a really cheap item and not what you ordered.  One example is I ordered a water filter item for 12K baht and they sent a tube of some sort of skin cream.  Lazada is good about returns on them but they should be blocking these sellers on their site.  It's happened about 5 times to me lately.

And yes it seems that the sellers have learned that as soon as they say it is packed you can't cancel the item and have to wait for the deliver by date to pass.

I have a kind of experience like that, after order something at Ali, I got something different because in LOS they change the carrier, I don't get my money back from Ali express.

I order 3-4 times a week , daughter maybe the same ,she pays for hers,

I always get CoD , never had a problem yet , just the other week I ordered 

a bottle of fertiliser in the afternoon ,and it was delivered afternoon next

day from Samut Sakhon to Chiang Mai , so fast I was not expecting it, and

had not prepared the cash , deliveries usually take couple of days which

is OK ,never had to wrong item or none delivery , ...just lucky .????

regards worgeordie

I ordered a 35k baht pc, had to pay up front using Lazada Wallet, received confirmation of purchase and time frame for delivery (imported from China). Within days later I get a message from the vendor through Lazada app that the item is out of stock. Within 2 days received full refund from Lazada Wallet. 

Had two other similar experiences from other vendors with much lower priced items paid COD. I suggested to Lazada Customer Service that the vendor must deliver what it sells. Or be banned. If they lose profit margin (ie., lower baht value vs USD), too bad. Don't charge hat you xn't risk. Some vendors will report in their Lazada posting number remaining in stock. 

Ordered some electrical stuff from Aliexpress recently. After a couple of days I've got an email message, that my order is on the way. Another couple of days my shippement was cancelled. After complaining with the seller and with aliexpress the seller apologised and said, that such things happen in China and aliexpress told me that they warned the seller and my order was refunded.

Now I had to order the same thing on Lazada for 5 times the price. (Only one seller available)

Usually never have problems with Lazada. Always order COD. Rarely it takes a couple of days until they ship. Most of the time in one or two days. Only one time I had a problem with Flash, that they rang the phone once and did not answer my call back. Got a msg on phone, that the recipient was not reachable and the item will be sent back. After complaining with this company I finally got my item a week later

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

I've not had them cancel on me, but the 'packed' and can't cancel malarkey yes and increasingly so. From the evidence of the goods when received, far from being local the goods have come from China and forwarded, hence the delay. I guess the supplier isn't willing to keep stock on hand. I now pay closer attention the ships on time rating, I very seldom pay in advance, COD preferred. 

I agree completely. The 'packed' thing is obviously a ruse probably most often used to prevent cancelation and gain time to order the product and then reship to you, just as you say.

I'm well aware of the COD vs Bank/card debates on the forums.   I understand the pros/cons but am COD advocate for the simple reason that the one with the cash has the ultimate control.

In the rare event I cannot find expensive items locally I buy from Lazada using bank payment, but I look very hard locally before doing so.

I, like many others here have been a victim of the 'packed' to 'shipped' to 'canceled' game one too many times.

Now, I give them a few days to move beyond packing. If they don't I send them a message saying if they don't ship by a certain date I will simply refuse delivery and COD payment. This is acceptable to lazada (I've asked them) unless grossly abused.

In the few times I've done it the item magically changed status to 'shipped' within my time limit with no further messages from the store. Clearly they stand to lose not only the income but also suffer shipping costs both ways. It is, in my opinion, the lever Lazada gives the buyer over shipping delays by the vendor.

There are very few items so unique that many other shops (some owned by the same individual) carry the same item at competitive prices.

Money talks and it's not always gentle.

As always, YMMV.

had this a couple of times basically they are out of stock
they mark it as packed as soon as they see the order to prevent the order being cancelled

Lazada is owned by Alibaba, it will always be geared towards the sellers, more importantly Chinese sellers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pe747 said:

Ordered some electrical stuff from Aliexpress recently. After a couple of days I've got an email message, that my order is on the way. Another couple of days my shippement was cancelled. After complaining with the seller and with aliexpress the seller apologised and said, that such things happen in China and aliexpress told me that they warned the seller and my order was refunded.

Now I had to order the same thing on Lazada for 5 times the price. (Only one seller available)

Usually never have problems with Lazada. Always order COD. Rarely it takes a couple of days until they ship. Most of the time in one or two days. Only one time I had a problem with Flash, that they rang the phone once and did not answer my call back. Got a msg on phone, that the recipient was not reachable and the item will be sent back. After complaining with this company I finally got my item a week later

The calls and hanging up immediately without speaking seems to be a more common problem. Has happened to me several times. I am in Central Pattaya. Maybe the courier is in Jomtien at 5 and thinks I won't go to Central Pattaya for this one delivery. There are often traffic jams. They just say the customer has postponed and maybe it's easier to go there on an other day. Or they say he refused to accept delivery or whatever so that the customer is guilty. The system registers that I called him. Enough evidence that I tried to deliver.

I have had this happen a number of times on me . I always opt for the C O D Payment method. I think it is because the same seller has the item advertised mainly at different prices to tempt you but in reality they want to sell it at one of their much higher prices listed , so when it is cancelled and you then try and reorder it you go for a much higher price . ( It is like a sale in a shop where they say up to 70% off , but in reality most items are only 10-20 % off )

2 minutes ago, luckyscruff said:

I have had this happen a number of times on me . I always opt for the C O D Payment method. I think it is because the same seller has the item advertised mainly at different prices to tempt you but in reality they want to sell it at one of their much higher prices listed , so when it is cancelled and you then try and reorder it you go for a much higher price . ( It is like a sale in a shop where they say up to 70% off , but in reality most items are only 10-20 % off )

Yeah, I often see the same seller with the same item at multiple prices. Sadly, (for them) if they pull this trick, they go on my blacklist of "less desirable" sellers and definitely don't get the re-order.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Sad that the whole experience is deterioratinng and becoming more and more unreliable or believable.

I tend to agree with that statement Charlie,   it was good a few years back but the service, quality control,  supplier vetting,   is nonexistent now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I tend to agree with that statement Charlie,   it was good a few years back but the service, quality control,  supplier vetting,   is nonexistent now. 

Remember when Ebay was full of genuine sellers disposing of "surplus to requirements" stuff?

My parents sold a large collection of model buses and a considerable number of "collectable" sugar-sachets (without sugar).

Our local coffee bar in Rome let me go through many packs of their sugar in order to make a full set of the "History of Rome" sachets, a couple of them were very "rare" and netted a couple of squid a pop!

Now it's mostly drop-shippers ???? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Remember when Ebay was full of genuine sellers disposing of "surplus to requirements" stuff?

My parents sold a large collection of model buses and a considerable number of "collectable" sugar-sachets (without sugar).

Our local coffee bar in Rome let me go through many packs of their sugar in order to make a full set of the "History of Rome" sachets, a couple of them were very "rare" and netted a couple of squid a pop!

Now it's mostly drop-shippers ???? 

Made a great living out of Ebay at the turn of the century. ????

• Like 1

I think one reality is huge online retail sites such as Lazada which have literally tens of thousands independent sellers have a huge internal problem with these sellers constantly trying to themselves, "game" the system, making collecting money from sales as quickl as possible while making it as difficult as possible for end users to cancel orders or claim refunds.   

I would not be surprised if the situation Crossy refers to is an example of this 

No doubt, there are many sellers who will use any subterfuge available to gain an advantage and get the money, even if they don't actually have the goods on hand.

One thing I do not know.  Does Lazada transfer the payment to a seller on supposed "proof of shipment" or does there have to be a "proof of delivery". 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dddave said:

I think one reality is huge online retail sites such as Lazada which have literally tens of thousands independent sellers have a huge internal problem with these sellers constantly trying to themselves, "game" the system, making collecting money from sales as quickl as possible while making it as difficult as possible for end users to cancel orders or claim refunds.   

I would not be surprised if the situation Crossy refers to is an example of this 

No doubt, there are many sellers who will use any subterfuge available to gain an advantage and get the money, even if they don't actually have the goods on hand.

One thing I do not know.  Does Lazada transfer the payment to a seller on supposed "proof of shipment" or does there have to be a "proof of delivery". 

I bought many things at Lazada in the meantime (for sure more than 100). Only 1 time I got an envelope instead of a box containing the ordered product. I refused to take it. All other products were problem free. They biggest problems I have with the final delivery to my home and this very often. I always make unpack videos just in case something is wrong. So far I never needed them. 

There are many fake products and fake listings. If there are not enough reviews and then mostly good ones I don't buy. 

• Like 1

Has happened to me a couple times. Strange...but it's better than ordering a specific brand of clothing of a specific color...then getting a different brand and the wrong color. That's happened multiple times. At least the size and style were correct. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, connda said:

Hasn't been your year for Lazada, 'eh Crossy.  I'd say that 95% of my orders can be processed COD, and I prefer COD as it makes it easier to cancel if there is too much of a time lag. 

Out of those 5%, I make bank transfers.  I've had to wait on occasion as it is usually things that ship from overseas that aren't offered COD, but I haven't had your problems.

Hope things get better for ya!

COD is the only way for me

That way the courier has to actually deliver the parcel to me personally instead of leaving it somewhere else, stating it has been delivered but hasn't or leaving it with a neighbour