Another Lazada game - but why?

Crossy

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:
  • Item quickly goes to "Packed" - At this point it cannot be cancelled.
  • EDIT At this point a courier tracking number appears.

I have seen this and the tracking number does nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That's the one, or it reports "waiting for seller to drop off".

Or Seller is Shipping themselves and you thus don't get a tracking number and never know when it's going to arrive

• Like 2

Just now, stubuzz said:

I recently had " Receiver requested to delay delivery".

Had that many time times.

We got a phone call (1 ring) called back and no answer and immediaitely in the APP "receiver requested delay"

One company especially is doing this (unfortunately can't name them)

• Like 2

Hasn't been your year for Lazada, 'eh Crossy.  I'd say that 95% of my orders can be processed COD, and I prefer COD as it makes it easier to cancel if there is too much of a time lag. 

Out of those 5%, I make bank transfers.  I've had to wait on occasion as it is usually things that ship from overseas that aren't offered COD, but I haven't had your problems.

Hope things get better for ya!

• Like 2

Well the latest one (not the seller in my last post) has a Flash tracking number which returns "No information found for this tracking number. Please check again" on the Flash website.

Item went to "out of stock" when ordered but is now unavailable.

I await the Lazada cancellation email ???? 

Always order  COD  + Local..... normally says delivery date  [ both items ordered today say delivery 15 - 17 March ]

If not received by 17th then order from another seller and when and if delivery driver phones/ tries to deliver refuse item., must say mostly Lazada is OK,  Shopee is often delayed for whatever reason.  and yes some say derived FREE by company/owners own fleet.  other than large items. smaller items very rare they ever arrive

When I order is is because I want items, not interest if packed within  moments of them receiving Order then hear nothing for 7 or 8 days. 

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Sad that the whole experience is deterioratinng and becoming more and more unreliable or believable.

Do I just buy from AliExpress (for rather more $$$) and get it by the weekend via DHL I wonder?

Ordered a pair of shoes a while ago. COD

Received the box and it was obvious there were no shoes in it so opened it up in front of the courier guy

Inside was a plastic bag with money inside which was the exact price of the shoes

So I paid the courier guy with the money I had set aside for the order and took the money from the box

Instead of just cancelling the order the seller had

Used this trick to show that the order had been delivered 

Needless to say he got a negative review for wasting my time 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

Ordered a pair of shoes a while ago. COD

Received the box and it was obvious there were no shoes in it so opened it up in front of the courier guy

Inside was a plastic bag with money inside which was the exact price of the shoes

So I paid the courier guy with the money I had set aside for the order and took the money from the box

Instead of just cancelling the order the seller had

Used this trick to show that the order had been delivered 

Needless to say he got a negative review for wasting my time 

Now that's one I've not heard of before ???? 

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Had that many time times.

We got a phone call (1 ring) called back and no answer and immediaitely in the APP "receiver requested delay"

One company especially is doing this (unfortunately can't name them)

I have had 5 days of problems with one particular courier where it rings and no one talks, you call them back (yes its a real number) and they dont pick up. Everything this week made up by the courier from 'recipient requests change in delivery date, recipient not contactable, verify recipient details' etc.

I've since learnt that the vendor I was buying from uses a different courier on shopee, so that may be the way ahead.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Hasn't been your year for Lazada, 'eh Crossy.

Actually, considering how much stuff we order it's been pretty good, many items arriving the next day even over holiday weekends.

We had one wrong item, got a sofa not an inflatable crocodile! Returned no issue.

Of course, nobody posts about the really great experiences ???? 

• Like 2

Each to their own, but I am amazed that people order stuff from Lazada that they actually need.

I've had an item cancelled by Lazada. I simply find the same thing on their site from another vendor. Sometimes cheaper. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Actually, considering how much stuff we order it's been pretty good, many items arriving the next day even over holiday weekends.

Indeed, my overall experience with Lazada is positive, most deliveries are on time and what's in the box is what I ordered. So I can live with a few local retailers using sleight of hand and in reality being forwarding agents for China. I just pay greater attention to the retailers reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One thing that has been happening to me recently is companies shipping from China sending a really cheap item and not what you ordered.  One example is I ordered a water filter item for 12K baht and they sent a tube of some sort of skin cream.  Lazada is good about returns on them but they should be blocking these sellers on their site.  It's happened about 5 times to me lately.

And yes it seems that the sellers have learned that as soon as they say it is packed you can't cancel the item and have to wait for the deliver by date to pass.

• Like 1

Maybe this was mentioned already.

And they following is just my speculation.

It seems to me a tracking number can be issued without any parcel.

Maybe the supplier goes to so courier online form and writes that there will be a parcel and he requests and gets a tracking number.

And maybe sometime later the supplier has to tell the courier that now the parcel is ready to be picked up or will be delivered to some sorting center or something like that.

I don't think any parcel has to exist to issue that tracking number.

Like I said, that is what I think happens. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 1