Appointment for driving license renewal

kidneyw

I tried to contact DLT-4 (Nong Chock) about renewal of an expired five year driving license.

Mission Impossible as no answer on the phone, LINE or Facebook.

So I was just wondering if anybody has used another centre recently and do you have go first to make an appointment still.

And if so, how many weeks/months is the waiting time.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Duh, of course not. I wanted information as to making an appointment to renew my license.

My wife is bedridden after a stroke and as I cannot leave her alone for longer than two hours by herself, the phone is a great tool.

Just like you are Kwasaki.

You might try an agent if there's one near you. You will still have to appear for the final stage, the test, payment and photo, but it might make things a lot easier for you, if a bit more costly.

I recently did mine.

First do the test in English on line and print it.

Then just turn up with Tabien Baan et.al. at the dlt. And within a couple of hours go home with nice shiny new licence.

The appointment is for people who don't do the test on line and need to reserve a seat to watch the video for an hour.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

You might try an agent if there's one near you. You will still have to appear for the final stage, the test, payment and photo, but it might make things a lot easier for you, if a bit more costly.

Thanks, I never thought of an agent.

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I recently did mine.

First do the test in English on line and print it.

Then just turn up with Tabien Baan et.al. at the dlt. And within a couple of hours go home with nice shiny new licence.

The appointment is for people who don't do the test on line and need to reserve a seat to watch the video for an hour.

Muhendis I did the online test a couple of weeks ago, which is valid for six months. I know a medical certificate is valid for about a month. Did you just use your Tambian Baan, or did you also have a letter of residence? If so, do you know how long this letter is valid for.

If I could just walk in with the correct paperwork, this would make life much easier, instead of having to make an appointment and thus a second visit. Thanks for your info.

9 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Muhendis I did the online test a couple of weeks ago, which is valid for six months. I know a medical certificate is valid for about a month. Did you just use your Tambian Baan, or did you also have a letter of residence? If so, do you know how long this letter is valid for.

If I could just walk in with the correct paperwork, this would make life much easier, instead of having to make an appointment and thus a second visit. Thanks for your info.

I used my Tabien Baan which I forgot on the day so had to pop back home for it. This error was quite fortunate because, by the time I got back to the DLT, the crowds had thinned out and I whistled through in under an Hour.

The medical cert can be got from your local private clinic for 100 Baht but these clinics, staffed by a doctor from the local hospital. tend to be only open evenings and week ends.

Edited by Muhendis

If it is possible to find somebody you can trust to take care of your wife I would recommend you apply personally, with all relevant documents. You should be in and out within an hour. If that's not possible you will need the assistance of an agent. Best of luck to you and to your wife.

59 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I used my Tabien Baan which I forgot on the day so had to pop back home for it. This error was quite fortunate because, by the time I got back to the DLT, the crowds had thinned out and I whistled through in under an Hour.

The medical cert can be got from your local private clinic for 100 Baht but these clinics, staffed by a doctor from the local hospital. tend to be only open evenings and week ends.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

If it is possible to find somebody you can trust to take care of your wife I would recommend you apply personally, with all relevant documents. You should be in and out within an hour. If that's not possible you will need the assistance of an agent. Best of luck to you and to your wife.

Thanks

4 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I believe the Certificate of Residence is valid for a month. 

8 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I didn't know it was possible to do the application any other way than personally.

How would the DLT be able to get your photograph if you're not there.

It seems highly unlikely they would trust a paper copy. How would they get good results on the stopping time reaction, the test with two peddles.

The DLT is geared up for people to apply in person

Edited by Muhendis

14 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I didn't know it was possible to do the application any other way than personally.

How would the DLT be able to get your photograph if you're not there.

It seems highly unlikely they would trust a paper copy. How would they get good results on the stopping time reaction, the test with two peddles.

The DLT is geared up for people to apply in person

I think what he meant is that by using an agent, they do all the running around and finally get you a queue ticket. That then means your actual time involved at the DLT is kept to a minimum and is a one off visit.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I think what he meant is that by using an agent, they do all the running around and finally get you a queue ticket. That then means your actual time involved at the DLT is kept to a minimum and is a one off visit.

Yes, I can appreciate that but for me there was no running around and there was no queue ticket.

But then I'm talking about Buriram DLT office. Other offices may have their own systems.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op... Is it possible to hire a nurse for the day ??

Perhaps chat with the local hospital etc...  then you can pop down and take care of the driving licence renewal stuff yourself. 

Richard, one of my daughters can come visit and help out. She works nights at Bitkub, so it just a little bit awkward getting her over on her day off. Just do not want to encroach on her too much, although she is definitely willing to help. Plus I need to go the CW first for my residence letter. It is just that I am trying to cut down the amount of time away from my wife.

Thank you for the nurse suggestion and will keep it in mind.