Help requested- Long stay Thailand.

Hi Guys,

I have a pal who now wishes to stay long term in Thailand. He is 61 years old.

He wishes to rent one of my houses.

He requests members please to assist with information,  so he can  know his options.

He has 50K GBP but he doesn't want to use 800K locked up for want of better words.

He is currently on a 45 day entry free clearance as a UK resident.

He does have funds from a pension to support himself but they don't quite reach the threshold for the monthly method annual retirement extension.

I haven't a clue so I seek advice here, all I have ever done is the 800K method.

We are, as many of you know, Kalasin based.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I haven't a clue so I seek advice here, all I have ever done is the 800K method.

You've been a member of what was until recently was called "ThaiVisa" for the best part of ten years and are a frequent reader/poster yet when it comes to retirement extensions you've never heard of agents?   Yeah, right!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I lived here for about twenty years and never had much to do with my visa. Office manager took care of it.

so you know nothing about visas and you're not here to learn, so exactly why are you hanging out in the visa forum? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

so you know nothing about visas and you're not here to learn, so exactly why are you hanging out in the visa forum? 

Sorry, I'll rephase: I lived here for about twenty years and never had much to do with my visa, as my office manager took care of it for me. Since I retired several years ago, I've had to take care of my visa myself, which I have found to be relatively easy and inexpensive. Not as easy and inexpensive as someone else handling it and the company paying for it, but not bad. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why is he not here to learn?

He asked a question to learn something.

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He could get married.

I was thinking the same thing. 

There really are not a lot of choices if you are not one of the golden few that still have an embassy allowed to write letters on monthly payments.

I thought that you had to leave it in for 5 months 3 before and 2 after but could drop it down to 400 in between.

I suppose hs only other choice would be to join the border run gang but at his age not sure he would enjoy the run.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jvs said:

There is also the combo method?

Easy as pie and you can do it all by yourself.

I'm not clued up on it, but does he not have to show 1yr of pension income with the combo method or is that not the case for the first time of applying ?

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He is not in position to use and form of income/combo method.

Unless you know the guy, what part of what the OP said suggests that? He can send his monthly pension and use part of the 50k £ to meet the monthly short fall.

7 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Unless you know the guy, what part of what the OP said suggests that? He can send his monthly pension and use part of the 50k £ to meet the monthly short fall.

He would be doing non O retirement in Thailand.

Most immigration offices will require 800k in his Thai bank.

He is UK and embassy does not provide "income letter" 

Combo method will not work for OP friend for the non O as well as the extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

he didn't ask a question, he made a statement and that statement had nothing to do with the point @Liverpool Louwas trying to make.

My statement did have to do with Lou's point in that he was claiming anyone having been here ten years would already know about the visa situation, and I was pointing out that it was pretty easy to be here for quite a long while without having to know anything about maintaining one's visa.

Sorry, I did not mean to confuse you, I hope we're clear now. 

Some days you have to think if your post will irritate someone like fleas on a dog…… from the looks of it this is one of those days….. simple enough if you can help out on someone’s post… if not skip to the next article to avoid the itch to fester… 

OP have your friend discuss with a reputable agent for options….. have a good day… 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1