Russian forces reach US drone crash site in Black Sea according to reports

Social Media

Russian forces have reached the site of the US MQ-9 surveillance drone that was downed in the Black Sea in an attempt to recover it, officials told CNN.

The Kremlin vowed on Wednesday to try and recover the large drone which crashed in international waters after its encounter with Russian fighter jets a day earlier.

It is not clear if Russia has been able to recover any remains of the drone when they arrived at the crash site, which is around 70 miles southwest of Crimea, the US officials told the news network.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

I'm wondering if the US might gift Ukraine with a few long range missiles anti-ship missiles.

they don't need them.

Ukraine already has Neptune missiles with 280 Km range, which puts the drone crash site within range of Snake island.

let's just hope Ukraine put such missiles there and gets targeting coordinates.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

they don't need them.

Ukraine already has Neptune missiles with 280 Km range, which puts the drone crash site within range of Snake island.

let's just hope Ukraine put such missiles there and gets targeting coordinates.

I can't believe that the Russians would deliberately put their ships in harm's way given their past experience. Could they be counting on the USA not to provide Ukraine with coordinates? Seems unlikely.

All the sensitive data was wiped and my guess, the drone pilot did not land gently on the water in a controlled glide but put it in the sea in a high speed vertical dive so there wont be very much left for them to collect.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

All the sensitive data was wiped and my guess, the drone pilot did not land gently on the water in a controlled glide but put it in the sea in a high speed vertical dive so there wont be very much left for them to collect.

This is a case of the the orcs trolling.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

And the reaper drone has  allready been salvaged by unfriendly countrys namely Iran this one is in little ittie bitty pieces in deep water possibly exposed to Ukrainian counter measures so have at it go ahead expose your people and equipment ????