The Seven Wonders Of Pattaya.

Luckydog

The number of motorcycles. Are there any other places on earth of comparible size with so many?

you betcha! vietnams got thailand beat hands-down on motorcycles. and worse, they ALL use their horns continuously there.

ahhhh, quiet pattaya

The number of motorcycles. Are there any other places on earth of comparible size with so many?

you betcha! vietnams got thailand beat hands-down on motorcycles. and worse, they ALL use their horns continuously there.

ahhhh, quiet pattaya

OK. I haven't been there, but I definitely was amazed when I first saw how many there were in Pattaya.

OK. I haven't been there, but I definitely was amazed when I first saw how many there were in Pattaya.

As was I. Coming from the west (Canada), you see a few Harleys and rice-rockets now and then, but a 125 Honda Wave ? Rarer than a Lamborghini !

I had a Honda 90 step-through back in the early 70's. Never saw another like it until I made my first trip to LOS and they were every where (same style at least).

As for 7 Wonders of Pattaya ?

Argh, keep forgetting the name of that teak temple place.

1) Temple of Sanctuary ? (or something like that)

2) The Big Buddha

3) Walking Street (remember, we are talking just about Pattaya here).

4) Crocodile Farm and Million Years Stone Park

5) Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens

6) Buddha Mountain (not really in Pattaya though. That hill to the south with the outline of Buddha carved into it)

7) The People (well, I do find the majority of them to be wonderful, especially when you get to know them as friends)

TQ's

As for mo'cy's I agree VN, in particular Ha Noi, takes the biscuit.

Ok, so if the number of motorcycles doesn't classify as a "wonder of Pattaya", surely the number of restaurants and food stalls would.

I wouldn't say that they're unique to Pattaya... :o

Lady boys! :D

Not unique to Pattaya either... :D

weho

:D

Definitely unique.

One million 24-hour stores i.e. 7 Elevens and Family Marts.

I think most people would view this as a negative, not a 'wonder'.

I was thinking about things that "make me wonder" rather than wondrous things however I don't consider it negative. It's great being able to find one anywhere you go.

Second Road.

It's a great WONDER how some pedestrians are able to cross from one side to the other without becoming involved in a motor vehicle accident.

Oh, yes, there are quite a few except they are not well reported!

The fabulous ultralights at Eastern Flying Club.

:o

My vote goes the Pattaya equivalent of Fleet Street. The locals newspapers here are without fear of contradiction or ridicule a bastion of all that good journalism aspires to be: Wonderful? I'll report; you decide...

I would add Bookazine's "sale" still going on in the Royal Garden... specifically, their table labeled "shock zone"... with books marked down SO little from their original price, that it truly is shocking... and a wonder too...

#2: with the amount of stray dogs running around, I rarely see dog doo anywhere... do they not go, or does another dog eat it? what happens to it? I never see it. it's a wonder...

#3. those tailors that forcibly stick their hand out into your face as you walk by, and blurt out things like, "HI BOSS", and "HELLO, NICE TO MEET YOU", and "HOW MANY SUITS DO YOU NEED TODAY", and "WELCOME TO PATTAYA", and "WHERE DO YOU COME FROM". It's a frickin' WONDER I don't punch them in the face.

#4. why male hookers are so much cheaper than female hookers... is it supply and demand? i don't get it...

#5. how a city with this large population doesn't have one department store... not even a small Robinson's.

#6. how large some of those open-air furniture stores are... some of them go back for what looks like a kilometer. you could literally fit 100,000 people inside them, maybe more.

#7. how many hair cutting places there are in one town... and on the soi opposite Hollywood DISCO, I think on one block, ONE SMALL BLOCK, there are about 20 hair salons. it's a wonder...

warri nigeria patters wouldnt even come a close second

But how would they rate on a per capita score? Warri (population over 500,000) would need to have 5 times as many bikes just to equal Pattaya (population just over 100,000).

My statement was: "Are there any other places on earth of comparible size with so many?"

I'm sure even Hanoi would fall well short with a population of 3.15 million; it would need 30 times as many bikes to level with Pattaya. I still stand by my original assessment that Pattaya is the world leader in motorcycles per capita.

The fabulous ultralights at Eastern Flying Club, the skydiving at Pattaya Airpark and the sailboats and motorboats at Ocean Marina!

post-15852-1183540448.jpg

The only way to go!

This is how we took progress photos at Suvarnabhumi. My present project will not allow it.

The Adult Seven wonders of Pattaya

1) Walking Street, worlds most adult party street

2) Soi 7-8, worlds biggest beer bar complex

3) Soi 6, worlds longest short-time-street

4) Sabaidee Body Massage, worlds biggest fishbowl of "sandwich massage" ladies

5) Boys Town (Pattaya Land), worlds most concentrated gay area

6) Tiffany and Alcazar, worlds most fun transvestite cabarets

7) Slim Pattaya, worlds most expensive pretty lady club

Edited by DonTron