Bad week on the campaign trail for General Prayut as a lack of public enthusiasm makes itself known

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai Party

Does anyone else imagine what it would be like if there was a similar naming trend in their home countries as there is in Thailand?

I can't imagine that the "English love English" party would get a positive reaction in England.  Nor would an "English people fight Covid" slogan during the peak of the pandemic.  I think people would, quite rightly, point out that it was pretty xenophobic and offensive to non-English people living in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

sensing which way the wind is blowing, is to resign from the government to join the rampant Pheu Thai Party which looks like it is on course for a landslide election win

In my opinion, what great news to start the weekend!!

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, Daughter of Former PM Emerges as Force in Thai  Politics

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

What I hear in my neighbourhood from Thai people that they are very bored of Mr Prayuth and hope he will disappear as soon as possible..And I can't agree more with them, but I am not allowed to vote

But Thais are, and I hope they vote wisely this time around.

Also that the vote doesn't take two months to count either.

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Him, and his crew, have grown weary. 

Though, they don't appear to be taking notice. 

The illusion[s] are still amongst us. 

Graffiti artists have shown their love for him.  His are the only ones that they are tagging

12 hours ago, webfact said:

t was confirmed that his Minister of Justice, Somsak Thepsutin, sensing which way the wind is blowing, is to resign from the government to join the rampant Pheu Thai Party which looks like it is on course for a landslide election win in two months time.

This shows how the political system here works it has nothing to do with ideology but who can get me the best job and the most money.

This is the old guard at their best hopefully, other parties do not follow suit 

It would also be a bold move if the PT said thanks but no thanks after all anyone in the present government is responsible for where we are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

But Thais are, and I hope they vote wisely this time around.

Also that the vote doesn't take two months to count either.

And.......any such election result or any official mandate/activity requires a blessing/approval from those traditional powers. 

Folks speak of democratically-based elections and systems in a very dreamy manner.

The bottom line: It's all moot.

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how long or when will this clown realizes people are sick and tired of him and his cronies poor performance and corruption, what good has he done for the past 8 years,  he should start to pack ....

Realize?  He doesn't give  hoot about what people think about him.  He simply wants to stay in power and that all that matters to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

The issue is not if he goes .. but what happens next if he stays.

Some wiser might be suggesting that predictable events will change things - in May. 

It's not as if there's no contemporary history of such activity. 

And.......doesn't really matter if he hits the road or stays on. 

15 minutes ago, Henryford said:

With 250 Senate seats in the bag i doubt he cares. Any opposion would need 376 seats, 75% of the Lower House.

All of which can be manipulated to their will and favour. 

Btw.....there truly isn't an oppositional threat that hasn't been dealt with already.