Pattaya prepares for Ramadan !

Social Media

On 3/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, KannikaP said:

What a confusing video. They can clean the streets for one month a year, but the rest of time let the 5hit build up.

asf6 suggested keeping the air con on all day....those people do not look as if they can afford a/c, in fact not visible in the house.

Do they, Muslims, not pray 5 tomes a day, so how can they find time to do a bit more of it?

The same as Easter, the time of Ramadan was, and still is, determined by the Lunar month. This is 2023 not the era when Christianity or Islam was 'invented'. Silly people in my opinion.

You know very little about Islam and its people.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, asf6 said:

Fasting in two of the hottest months in Thailand must be tough, especially for those who will have to work. Relax and keep your air-conditioning on all day if you can.   

I've been here about 10 zillion years and it still feels like being in an oven in the middle of the Sun while wearing Scottish wool (the greatest thing from the UK!!!!!, no not whisky you drunks)

Aircon is fine at times, of course, but I'm not a big fan of aircon all day.....chemicals!!!!  3 or 4 hours at a time is fine.   

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, proton said:

Do you know the origin of the hijab? originally it meant cloak covering the whole body. Why did it come about, because followers of the prophet complained to him they could see his wife's defecating in the fields, so he ordered them to cover themselves

What is the source of that assertion?

Edited by asf6

9 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I've been here about 10 zillion years and it still feels like being in an oven in the middle of the Sun while wearing Scottish wool (the greatest thing from the UK!!!!!, no not whisky you drunks)

Aircon is fine at times, of course, but I'm not a big fan of aircon all day.....chemicals!!!!  3 or 4 hours at a time is fine.   

Chemicals in an aircon, which draws air in from the room, cools it over a radiator and sends it out again?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, asf6 said:

What is the source of that assertion?

Do you really need the scripture? I can dig it up if you insist. It's Hadiith of Bukhari Vol 1,6,4, no 148. Can't find it on the web and can't be bothered to scan it in. This covers it well

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

Hoping to attract more Muslim tourists particularly from Saudi Arabia?

Can't wait for more.

Fasting in two of the hottest months in Thailand must be tough, especially for those who will have to work.

Even forbidding to drink water. Simply sick.

Fasting in two of the hottest months in Thailand must be tough, especially for those who will have to work. Relax and keep your air-conditioning on all day if you can.   

Well Ramadan moves between the seasons due to the lunar year being about 9 day shorter.... and 'fasting' occurs in Saudi Arabia too where the hot season is hotter. They only had to work 1/2 day in Ramadan when I worked there, (and hardly at all in reality) and actually slept most of the day and spent most of the nights awake. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hoping to attract more Muslim tourists particularly from Saudi Arabia?

Can't wait for more.

Even forbidding to drink water. Simply sick.

Water is allowed to be consumed.

I've worked in the ME ( unfortunately ) where the weather can reach 50C ++ and the muslims have consumed water.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

Do you really need the scripture? I can dig it up if you insist. It's Hadiith of Bukhari Vol 1,6,4, no 148. Can't find it on the web and can't be bothered to scan it in. This covers it well

Do I really need the Scripture? you ask.

Who needs to live in 2023 to the 'rules' written by guys 2000 odd years ago.

On 3/21/2023 at 6:47 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I spent about a year in Jakarta in '97 and '98 and got a small taste of what like as a slave to Mo. is like.

It's 24/7 oppression, from the moment you are rudely awakened at zero dark thirty until you go to bed at night. Conform or suffer the consequences.

Anyone who thinks that Islam is benign has rocks in their head.

I went thru about 8 Ramadan's in the UAE and Kuwait.

It's about as fun as a month-long trip to the dentist every year.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:09 AM, Keep Right said:

I did not know that, so that is why they wear rags on their heads.

I think it's more to keep the sun off their noggins, and the sand out of their ears.

I once played the desert golf course in Abu Dhabi. My ears got PACKED full of sand. It's like talcum powder.

Edited by jaywalker

On 3/22/2023 at 6:05 AM, jacko45k said:

Well Ramadan moves between the seasons due to the lunar year being about 9 day shorter.... and 'fasting' occurs in Saudi Arabia too where the hot season is hotter. They only had to work 1/2 day in Ramadan when I worked there, (and hardly at all in reality) and actually slept most of the day and spent most of the nights awake. 

In Saud Arabia, (where I worked for many years), during Ramadan the Saudis actually become more proficient. As it only takes them 4 hours a day to do s*d all instead of the normal eight.

• Love It 1