Samui Immigration change bank statement terms for 'retirement' extension

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

And people mock me for paying an agent 8K pa to not have to deal with this BS... 

I go to the bank, get a 3 month statement (This year maybe not as I'll be using a term deposit account) hand it to the agent alongside passport, photo, copy of lease... Come back the next day... See you in 12 months. 

Simples... 

Weird, that's the exact same thing I do, only I hand over my documents to immigration.

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For the income method the letter and copy the book-bank.

May be the case for Samui.

Bank statements are required by some offices for both income method and money in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Kho Kho is shown on most maps of Thailand, probably even on Google Earth. Very popular area for Thais, not many of the expat rif raf.

Would of been more helpful if you had wrote Phetchabun Immigration Office instead of being a clever ....

1 minute ago, Myran said:

Weird, that's the exact same thing I do, only I hand over my documents to immigration.

Yes, but he's worth over US$46,000,000.00.

He's making money so fast, if he sees 1,000-baht bill on the ground he would lose money stopping to pick it up! 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

May be the case for Samui.

Bank statements are required by some offices for both income method and money in the bank.

I said CW in my post, not Samui, but yeah, it's likely different everywhere. 

22 hours ago, graham66 said:

added is now the condition "must be done on the same day of application at the immigration" . 

Has always been thus.????

For years my agent used to take my bank book and deposit 100 baht in the bank on the ground floor at Changwattana and come back with an updated bank book.

My wife badgers me now and we do the same in a different province.

6 hours ago, hereforgood said:

As each office can make up their own rules everybody's situation will be different. Here in Pattaya they require a copy of the bank book and a letter from the bank on the same day that you go in for the extension at least for me they did. They didn't require a bank statement only the copy of the letter showing the balance as they have always asked for in the past. As I have said this is what they ask for from me The guy behind me they may have wanted something totally different unfortunately because each office is allowed to make up their own rules there will never be a straight line to follow in doing this

Which is why I used an agent. The rules should be the same which ever office one goes to and the situation where they can make up stupid regulations is despicable.

What difference does it make if one updates the bank book the day before? Do they think one is going to spend it all on one day, and as long as the requirements of time deposited are met so what?

I've always maintained that they are just trying to "annoy" farangs with mickey mouse dictats about photo size and colour of pen etc.

The only thing I loathed about Thailand was immigration.

46 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The morning before I leave for CW, I transfer the last year's interest from my Krunsri Mee Tae Dai account to another such that the balance in the account is 999,999.99. 

I go to CW, get the queue, get a coffee at S & P, walk over to Krunsri , get the letter and update the book-bank, go get copies of the book-bank, find a good spot to finish my coffee....

Yes Krungsri just 10min to get letter, statement and update book. I just leave my money in the Tai Dai account all year, I have no need to transfer. On another point I just went to a branch not in my province, Got a new ATM card and Book in 15min. :thumbsup:

On 3/19/2023 at 3:23 PM, DrJack54 said:

You mean "bank letter" 

Most offices accept one up to 7 days prior to application.

Samui is just a nonsense immigration office. 

Samui is an excellent Immigration Office. Speak from actual experience or reveal yourself as a fool.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 6:44 AM, hereforgood said:

As each office can make up their own rules everybody's situation will be different. Here in Pattaya they require a copy of the bank book and a letter from the bank on the same day that you go in for the extension at least for me they did. They didn't require a bank statement only the copy of the letter showing the balance as they have always asked for in the past. As I have said this is what they ask for from me The guy behind me they may have wanted something totally different unfortunately because each office is allowed to make up their own rules there will never be a straight line to follow in doing this

I always did this a day before and never had a problem - this in Pattaya. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:38 AM, graham66 said:

March 2023:  Anyone noticed that Samui Immigration have slipped in an additional comment on the 'Document Required' form?  In item 6 which requests a copy of a bank book and statement, added is now the condition "must be done on the same day of application at the immigration" . 

Best is to ask in the Samui sub-forum in the pinned thread about Samui Immigration. You cannot use helpful replies about what other immigration offices do, or what is general. Samui Immigration has their own rules – like for example health certificate for retirees and hand drawn map – and if you don't follow their rules, you won't get the extension of stay.

Do you have a copy, or photo, you can share of item 6 in requirements for retirement extension from Samui Immigration..?

Normally – which is for many years – I have used a statement from the day before, and also copies of bank book(s) updated the day before. My last extension was however back in October.

The last requirements I know are these...
spacer.png

On 3/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, brianthainess said:

Yes Krungsri just 10min to get letter, statement and update book. I just leave my money in the Tai Dai account all year, I have no need to transfer. On another point I just went to a branch not in my province, Got a new ATM card and Book in 15min. :thumbsup:

You don't use the cardless withdrawal? I paid my last annual ATM fee long ago. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, Oink said:

Allways been a requirement in Chonburi.

Only exception is they will accept a letter from the bank issued previous day if you go first thing in the morning. You also need to make a tranaction just befor the letter is issued (withdraw or add some cash) to confirm the balance shown in the book is current.

I did about 10 retirement extensions at Jomtien. Last one being 2019, and never obtained the bank letter the same day (I never get up early enough in Thailand) and usually got to the immigration office the next afternoon or even the day after that once or twice.  Never a problem and I never thought about doing any transactions before getting the letter I just walked into the bank and asked for it. Usually done while I waited. 

I did the same at Phuket in 2020 also. (Day after I got the bank letter) No problem.

I don't doubt things may well have changed since then but that was my experiences anyway back then.

• Like 1