60 Day extension

I am returning to Thailand 28th March, entering on 45 day visa exempt (I am a UK passport holder), going to Yasothon Provence , to stay with my wife (married 10 years) I intend to extend for 60 days, before looking at some options, the extension will be at Yasothon Immigration.

We will do the TM30  on arrival, which we have done before, but do I still need a TM6, which was suspend, temporary, if I do require a TM6, how do I get one?

33 minutes ago, transam said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension, then if required you can get a 60 day to visit wife......

yes that's even better 45 plus 30 + 60, which give me extra time to sort out, my bank account.......Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, thai006 said:

great news dont know you can do 30+30 +60 extension ????

At the mo it is 45+30 till end of the month, unless something changes.

You can extend a visa exempt by 30 days, if visiting wife, you can apply for a 60 day extension after that, or near the end of that, she must attend with all the paperwork.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Someone correct this if I'm dreaming.

Vaguely recall someone being made to obtain the 30 day extension prior to the 60 to visit wife.

And no I'm not referring to covid extensions of couple years back. 

It happened to me.......:stoner:

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Dave8237 said:

yes that's even better 45 plus 30 + 60, which give me extra time to sort out, my bank account.......Thanks

My office didn't give me a choice. The simple way would be to come in on the 45 day and then apply for the one year extension. But no, I had to apply for a 60 day tourist visa before I can apply for the one year. Other offices may vary - of course.

I used to think the IOs were just being difficult with the constant change of requirements, but then I saw their rule book which is the size of an old UK phone directory. There are so many rules that they probably have no idea what the correct procedure is. Do they go on a training course? If so, do they pay attention to what they are bring told? Are they tested before being let loose on the public?