Banks connected to Jeffrey Epstein to face sex trafficking case

Social Media

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Victim blaming.

There’s a surprise, not.

Victims ... ????

Were they chained to a bed, could they not leave anytime they wanted ?  

"According to claims in the lawsuit filed against JP Morgan Chase, one woman, described as a former ballet dancer, was abused by Epstein and his associates between 2006 and 2013."

"In a separate lawsuit against Deutsche Bank, another woman claims she was trafficked for sex by Epstein for 15 years, starting in 2003 when she first moved to New York."

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63750504

• Thanks 1

It never was discovered how he came to have such a load of $$$, was it?

My guess he was pimping to those to whom money was no object.  Also a little in the way of stock market tips and investment opportunities can change one's standard of living impressively, ask nearly any US senator.  And then there is the laundry service . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Knowingly laundering money for criminal activity (prostitution/blackmail/inside trading) is a crime ... yes.   But compensation for the 'willing' prostitutes is a bit much.

Naturally they don't want to admit to being prostitute, as couldn't cry 'victim' or possibly be charged themselves for prostitution and or tax evasion.

Consenting adults, having sex for years, with freedom to come & go as they please, are not victims.  

Ask my ex-wives ... got to come up with a better reason ????

Wondering whether we get here some Jeffrey's apologists? ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Knowingly laundering money for criminal activity (prostitution/blackmail/inside trading) is a crime ... yes.   But compensation for the 'willing' prostitutes is a bit much.

Naturally they don't want to admit to being prostitute, as couldn't cry 'victim' or possibly be charged themselves for prostitution and or tax evasion.

Consenting adults, having sex for years, with freedom to come & go as they please, are not victims.  

Ask my ex-wives ... got to come up with a better reason ????

If I understand correctly. You believe Epstein did not commit any crimes. Other people do and Epstein was convicted and and registered as sex offender. 

Duetsche Bank failed to follow banking regulations whilst dealing with Epstein

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

If I understand correctly. You believe Epstein did not commit any crimes. Other people do and Epstein was convicted and and registered as sex offender. 

Duetsche Bank failed to follow banking regulations whilst dealing with Epstein

Where did I state that ?  

Although public record, who would know that.  Are banks suppose to run background checks on their customers.

Is it against banking laws to accept customers with criminal records ?

You're getting silly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Where did I state that ?  

Although public record, who would know that.  Are banks suppose to run background checks on their customers.

You're getting silly.

It is not against the law for banks to accept criminals .However there are regulations about the account management for sex offenders.

Deutsche was aware of his conviction and the information was brought to the executives attention . 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Ludicrous, this. But that said...not surprising. Remember working at a liquor store when I was 20 in the USA. Suddenly we had to start being extra careful about selling our products. Of course we checked ID (legal drinking age then was 18), but lawsuits had been filed against liquor stores for customers getting drunk, then killing or injuring people while driving intoxicated. It was outrageously concluded that the liquor stores could somehow be to blame as well. So we stopped issuing receipts, unless customers specifically requested one...which they rarely ever did. That way it couldn't be proven where the alcohol was purchased. Problem solved. 

Highly doubtful these banks will be found guilty. Perhaps individual employees, but not these giant bank names. Total money grab, just hoping for a pretrial settlement. 

Yes, same when I was bartending.  If someone was on his way to stupid drunk, and wanted to keep on drinking, he/she gave up their car keys.  

No keys or designated driver, they didn't get served.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Where did I state that ?  

You're getting silly.

It seems like you're assuming the banks simply did business with him and knew nothing about his activities. If that were clearly true it's quite unlikely that the cases would be able to proceed. There must be at least some evidence that the banks were aware that not everything was squeaky clean and yet chose to ignore it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

It seems like you're assuming the banks simply did business with him and knew nothing about his activities. If that were clearly true it's quite unlikely that the cases would be able to proceed. There must be at least some evidence that the banks were aware that not everything was squeaky clean and yet chose to ignore it. 

This may help people understand the basis of the lawsuit.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jes_Staley

Should a bank be held responsible for a clients behavior and how did they directly benefit from that behavior.   Did they receive a commission from every favor passed on to Epstein.

Open that door, and you won't have enough jail cells to house all the criminals that do banking.

Edited by KhunLA

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

This may help people understand the basis of the lawsuit.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jes_Staley

Should a bank be held responsible for a clients behavior and how did they directly benefit from that behavior.   Did they receive a commission from every favor passed on to Epstein.

Open that door, and you won't have enough jail cells to house all the criminals that do banking.

Good luck to the plaintiffs, those people you feel the need to refer to as Prostitutes.

I don’t suppose your urge to denigrate  these women has anything to do with that special kind of loathing reserved for women who have temerity to speak up for themselves?!

Nah, that couldn’t be it, surely not.

I do however agree, we don’t have enough jail cells for the criminals in Banking.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Good luck to the plaintiffs, those people you feel the need to refer to as Prostitutes.

I don’t suppose your urge to denigrate  these women has anything to do with that special kind of loathing reserved for women who have temerity to speak up for themselves?!

Nah, that couldn’t be it, surely not.

I do however agree, we don’t have enough jail cells for the criminals in Banking.

Actually I have great respect for prostitutes, and I'm a firm believer, even endorse self employment, of any kind.

I think people who work salaried jobs that they don't like for their whole life are total idiots.

But to call themselves 'victims' is beyond a stretch.  Anyone not acknowledging that, then the conversation is over.

Victims they are not .... now, should the banks be held responsible for clients' moral or criminal (suspected or un-convicted, if applicable) behavior.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Actually I have great respect for prostitutes, and I'm a firm believer, even endorse self employment, of any kind.

I think people who work salaried jobs that they don't like for their whole life are total idiots.

But to call themselves 'victims' is beyond a stretch.

Anyone not acknowledging that, then the conversation is over.

Victims they are not .... now, should the banks be held responsible for clients' moral or criminal (suspected or un-convicted, if applicable) behavior.

Yeh, OK, if you say so.

You stated above Prostitution is a crime, you’ve accused the plaintiffs of being prostitutes.

Do you have evidence of them being prostitutes, perhaps public records of convictions.

Or do you normally brand people as participants in criminality without evidence?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Dodge the rest of my post then.

Others however can read it and draw their own conclusions.

What's the point if you think I'm a liar and why would I continue, waste my time on a conversation with some who does.   This or any conversation in the future.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

What's the point if you think I'm a liar and why would I continue, waste my time on a conversation with some who does.   This or any conversation in the future.

I didn’t call you a liar.

I have however juxtaposed your claims with other statements you’ve made.

Perhaps you are simply inconsistent, many people are.

4 hours ago, Misty said:

Best guess: the pimping wasn't about money, it was about information.  Pimping provided the kompromat that was Epstein protection against his real racket.  He was friends with and following in the footsteps of Robert Maxwell.  He got up to the same activities that Maxwell got up to, and that's where the big money came in.  Pimping just gave him dirt on important people, in case he needed protection.

That's right. And his net was not only very wide but also reaching very high.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:14 PM, KhunLA said:

OK, but why should adults, 'working' for him, consenting to have sex with his 'friends & business associates' be compensated while working for him for years.

They are not victims, and could have left at anytime over those years of enjoying the spoils of their 'past tIme' w/clients.

It's a money grab .... nothing else IMHO

Working for him?

Like with a contract of employment?