Boris Johnson accepts he misled parliament over partygate - but says his statements were 'in good faith'

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you read the contents of your link?

"to lead in a wrong direction or into a mistaken action or belief often by deliberate deceit"

The Oxford English Dictionary definition is;

"mislead" 
"cause to have a wrong impression about someone or something." 

You are being pedantic!

Said without an iota of introspection.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not the pint that matters.

The committee hearing is a political process, what matters is voter perceptions.

Those ‘opinion’ things.

How many pints have you had?

The point is whether it is a statement of fact by you or your opinion! You implied that the "lie" statement was a fact!  It is not know at this time if that is so.

At no point did you did not state that you were speaking on behalf of "voters" and their " perceptions"!

Were you lying in your post about it being a lie or just misleading us?

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not the pint that matters.

The committee hearing is a political process, what matters is voter perceptions.

Those ‘opinion’ things.

Yes Bojo in favour of just being a human being that's a bit different to the Holier than you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The fact that some people still vigorously defend his behaviour after a lifetime of his cheating and lying helps explain why we ended up with the disaster that is brexit.

Not fact just your opinion, brexit isn't done yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

I thought that Johnson said it was or was that also misleading?

Well I thought we were out EU but technically things still had to be sorted, covid got in the way so the Ireland thing still has to be sorted. 

The contrary uk people have changed their minds and the hard line remainers are going to be about until the UK economy is on it's feet which I can't see happening in my lifetime.  

I don't blame Bojo doing that I blame the many past Govt's before no matter what side your on. 

Edited by Kwasaki
Mistakes in type made ads in way.

1 minute ago, RayC said:

The technicalities had nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with Johnson not honouring an agreement which he signed. The bloke is nothing but a shameless opportunist, who thinks that he is above the rules and would do anything to further his own cause.

Having said that, he was not alone in creating the mess that is Brexit. Rees-Moog and the rest of the Flat Earthers are equally culpable. 

Frankly I couldn't care less from a totally selfish position. 

l liked Bojo he made mistakes just like any other human being does not like the many with perfect haircuts stuffed into their suit and ties. 

26 minutes ago, RayC said:

Few would doubt that Johnson is a character, but surely the country is better served by having a competent, serious 'stuffed shirt' than a comical chancer?

I think most people can forgive politicians who make mistakes which they thought were in the public interest, although there are obviously limits as Truss discovered: The problem with Johnson is that he appears self-serving. 

I like self-serving Bojo and him always having a good answer to any questions put to him whether they like it or not the perfect politician.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I like self-serving Bojo and him always having a good answer to any questions put to him whether they like it or not the perfect politician.

Apparently, you are so starved for entertainment that you need to get it from a politician.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Apparently, you are so starved for entertainment that you need to get it from a politician.

Nice one. ????

Waiting to hear on LBC how the meeting went because he could lose his area seat.

6 hours ago, transam said:

It is done, but not completed............. ????

Discuss (10 marks)

Philosophy of Language/ Semantics module

6 hours ago, transam said:

All good things come to those who wait...........:intheclub:

I don't think that you or I can spare the time required for the 'sunny uplands' to appear.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Nice one. ????

Waiting to hear on LBC how the meeting went because he could lose his area seat.

Sunak should - but won't - take a leaf out of Johnson's book and withdraw the Tory whip from those who defied the 3-line whip and voted against the government yesterday. 

Johnson, Rees-Moog, Truss and most of the Flat Earth Brigade would then be tossed out of Parliament at the next election which would be great news.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, Kwasaki said:

He was mis-leading not lying. 

Yeah, that is like my ex saying "I didn't sleep with him". No, you had sex and then you went home to sleep.

• Haha 1

Johnson, your excuses about working hard don't justify your blatant disregard for the rules at the time. Doctors, nurses and others, working harder than you, followed the rules at great personal sacrifice 

Admit you're a liar who thinks he's above the law, you shameless, low down morally bankrupt wreck of a human being.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Johnson, your excuses about working hard don't justify your blatant disregard for the rules at the time. Doctors, nurses and others, working harder than you, followed the rules at great personal sacrifice 

Admit you're a liar who thinks he's above the law, you shameless, low down morally bankrupt wreck of a human being.

It seems sipping a beer is a capital offence for the lefty brigade.....:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1