Being a realist

If you are a realist that is fine. Use it for yourself to make plans and accept reality.

But why do you behave like this to others? When you see someone in a wheelchair do you tell him: You are in a sad situation, you can't even walk? After all, it's the truth. Why don't you tell him?

Or imagine you are that person in the wheelchair and lots of others would tell you about reality.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

So ....I told him...."mate your nearly 81 everyday is a blessing you wake up ...how do you know your going to be here in 2024 ,F F sake take your annual leave this year !!!!

If you don't like him, why did you make a personal comment to him? I ignore people I don't like.

In any business with an HR department it behooves one to keep the personal comments to oneself.

Had I said what I thought about some senior management people in the last hospital I worked at, I'd have been fired long before I quit.

• Like 2

Yes...a realist. Naturalist. Lifelong atheist. Everyone is on that "death clock"...EVERYONE. Had 2 friends die at 23 and 24. Auto accident and cancer. Fave uncle died at 35...auto accident. Thai gf murdered 2 years ago at 32. 

Lived my entire life to it's fullest. Never lived to work, but worked to live. Had an awesome 35 year career, which afforded me abundant travel around the world plus tons of time off. Retired at 59, despite still liking the job. Life is short...and for some much shorter...live it full. But not everyone is the same. For some it's work, kids, family, church. For me it was none of those things. More like booze, babes and rock-n-roll. Also nature and photography. 

One of my Dad's favorite expressions was, "We're all just penciled in."  None of us is inked in permanently, we can all be erased at any time, young or old.   He lived to 95 and was active right till the end. The 80-year old might outlive the OP; certainly likely to outlast him at work with the OP's poor attitude and, apparently even poorer work habits, being called in to HR.   I like the fact that the 80-year old is looking to the future, making future plans, and not thinking his life is over.   Bravo.  The OP could take a lesson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you don't like him, why did you make a personal comment to him? I ignore people I don't like.

I'm not sure why someone would engage with someone they dislike in such a negative way.  If you already don't like them, chances are they don't particularly like you, so any kind of joke or criticism is not going to go over well.

• Like 1

I retired for the thilrd time at age 84. I would have continued to work because I like working, but I needed rotator cuff surgery, plus  cataract surgery in both eyes. Too much time off from work is not fair to employer, so I retired.  Was asked to go back but my wife asked me to stay home.  That was in October 2021.  Fortunately, I didn't  have any obnoxious, hateful people telling me what to do!

1 hour ago, donmuang37 said:

I retired for the thilrd time at age 84. I would have continued to work because I like working, but I needed rotator cuff surgery, plus  cataract surgery in both eyes. Too much time off from work is not fair to employer, so I retired.  Was asked to go back but my wife asked me to stay home.  That was in October 2021.  Fortunately, I didn't  have any obnoxious, hateful people telling me what to do!

So your now 86?????????