Thailand Records 5 Million Foreign Arrivals

snoop1130

So 20 million visitors will be in store for the year, just a tad over 50% of those that arrived in 2019. I wonder how the Russians compare now to back then as far as there numbers....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand welcomed more than 5.5 million foreign tourists in the first three months of this year

Were these people actually foreign tourists or passengers from foreign countries including Thai parteners / families etc. .................

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand welcomed more than 5.5 million foreign tourists in the first three months of this year, generating an income of 200 billion baht, said Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisaranakul.

Snoreville....

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So 20 million visitors will be in store for the year, just a tad over 50% of those that arrived in 2019. I wonder how the Russians compare now to back then as far as there numbers....

One would imagine they have more reason to get out of Russia, but not necessarily all heading for Thailand.

However those who have arrived here have to figure out a way of funding their stay and which visa to get... if any?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Still many areas of Pattaya that exhibit post Covid recession. Flight prices are deterring many still. I would not say we have recovered yet.... what we got is Russian draft dodgers and Indians opening grotty cafes. 

I must admit some places have pretty cheap accommodation for my upcoming trip, indicating low demand, whereas in some main tourist areas it is a bit expensive. Airfares have gone back to normal in Australia but maybe not elsewhere. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Still many areas of Pattaya that exhibit post Covid recession. Flight prices are deterring many still. I would not say we have recovered yet.... what we got is Russian draft dodgers and Indians opening grotty cafes. 

Don't forget the Chinese gray market for those that came here and paid off Immigration to stay long term and opened up shops etc....still plenty of places that look like ghost towns, many more businesses are trying to stay alive but are sputtering in the other tourist areas where a recovery has yet to return to the same level seen in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.  The airport here in Hua Hin still only has flights to and from Chiang Mai....no where else, which discourages travel here except by bus, or car.....

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The airport here in Hua Hin still only has flights to and from Chiang Mai....no where else, which discourages travel here except by bus, or car.....

Good point...... and when the air quality improves up there you may lose some of those. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Good point...... and when the air quality improves up there you may lose some of those. 

The tourist season here in my neck of the woods south of HH has been for the most part Non existent, except for the visiting Thais who come to there 2nd homes or the Pranburi area.  When in Hua Hin city itself you do see more foreigners now, but then they really do not travels much to the outer parts of the province.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

generating an income of 200 billion baht,

Can someone please enlighten me as to how they arrive at this figure?? Seems to me they must have some special abacus as these figures are always rolled out against the number of arrivals anywhere whether by land, sea or air. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Were these people actually foreign tourists or passengers from foreign countries including Thai parteners / families etc. .................

That's always a question that never seems to get answered. How about those on Business Visas, Marriage Visas or Retirement Visas? All considered "tourists" I beleive. If they can't differentiate the different types of visa for clarity, they should just simply post a total number of all traveller arrivals including Thais.

I arrived at 12:30pm yesterday, and boy was it busy!

I have lived here for 18 years, go in/out of Thailand 4 or 5 times a year, and I can't say when I have ever seen it this busy at the airport.

I think people would have waited at Immigration or Visa on Arrival for at least 45 min before even getting to baggage collection.

I had Fast Track, so was through Immigration and in my limo within 30 min, but I feel for people stuck in those queues.

image.png.0f2b6bfb1545666d59a393d05e368358.png

image.thumb.png.f192896589b815c7d603e73ad4a73397.png

Edited by iaminwa

12 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Russian numbers are down, comparatively speaking. Yes, 8 times as many Russians entered in Jan 2023 as compared to Jan 2022, but that ratio is much higher for other countries such as New Zealand (20 times), Australia (14x), Vietnam (158x) and Malaysia (264x). Russian increases were less than those from Poland and Czech and generally on a par with other European countries.

As total figures go, there was a 15-times increase in the number of international arrivals in Jan 2023 compared to the same month in 2022, from 133,828 to 2,144,948, according to the relevant ministry.

Just imagine how this country could have been be booming for all of last year if there were any competent officials here capable of assessing the true risk of the Covid virus, rather than remaining in a state of unglued panic which was in no way justified by the data.

Please tell us what the true state really is. it only got better as more people were vaccinated and yes as more people contacted the virus and became less prone to infection. Governments did what they thought best for the people of there country and with the info they had . Did you have a crystal ball with all the straight skinny.

Thailand, are the  kings of making up numbers to please themselfs to feel better. 

They take transit passengers into account they always have   so lets half  that numbert that actaully stayed in Thailand and 36000 b  wow   ???? 

What a holiday... 

They have always promoted to countries that just dont spend big   coin on Holiday.  

They as a country will never learn and couldn't organise a kids birthday party. 

Edited by maddox41
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

generating an income of 200 billion baht,

That is all what Thailand cares about - the money grabbing bar stewards!!

No proper Health & Safety, tourists being robbed, scams, dual pricing, road accidents etc. etc. And now the possibility of radioactive contamination!!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"She said the Transport Ministry convened a meeting today ..."

They do like their meetings and "committees" don't they?

Thailand is the center of the Universe and the hub of all hubs, committee's and any other way to waste money.

• Like 1

Incredible statistics indeed ! I had to contact the Thai flagship airline's booking helpline. The message that came back was that their head office in BKK was operating on a skeleton staff. That was over 10 days ago.  I wonder which airlines are bringing all those passengers or maybe all the H.O staff are at the airport assisting with the tumultuous arrivals ?